Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon should just take the risk IMO. He is what they need and if it pays of it'll look inspired. They surely have an enormous amount of cap space.

I think people also underestimate the risk to Melbourne of keeping such a large contract on its books for the foreseeable future. If they can get a deal, I'd pull the trigger. So Dees should be keen.

We have close to no leadership at the club outside of Merrett - no chance it works for us - needs a strong club like Geelong. It’d definitely tank if he went to tulla.

Why would clubs even be enquiring if they hated his contract and didn’t want it?

Based on this thread

Geelong: is he available? You guys want to trade him as we are keen and have been tracking him since last year.

Also Geelong: Nah we don’t want him his contract is too big.

Why would clubs even be enquiring if they hated his contract and didn’t want it?

Based on this thread

Geelong: is he available? You guys want to trade him as we are keen and have been tracking him since last year.

What are you even on about

Melbourne should have moved him on last year.

They would have got the world for him.
It's clear this not going work out with both player & club.

I'm not sure what he is worth, he comes with a lot of baggage & has had another poor season by his standards.

Based on this thread

Player has been great and potentially can get back to being great....but he has an albatross contract and questionable off-field decisions.

Of course clubs are going to be sensing a possible bargain and come sniffing around to see if the circumstances might make Melbourne happy to give him up for significant unders.

If Melbourne don't want to, then we all move on.

Based on this thread

Blind Freddy can see the MFC want this bloke gone from the club and I suspect Petracca has insisted on it as well.

Based on this thread

While it may not be accurate, the conflict could be explained by some claiming to be ITK saying that Oliver approached the cats about it and Geelong are simply leaving the option open.

Again, might not be accurate but there's so much going around about this that I don't know what to believe

Blind Freddy can see the MFC want this bloke gone from the club and I suspect Petracca has insisted on it as well.

Is that why he went on a family holiday with Gawn? Because the club leaders want him gone?

Club said officially he was staying and is a required player next year. But yeah seems Bigfooty posters know more than what’s been officially stated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne should have moved him on last year.

They would have got the world for him.
It's clear this not going work out with both player & club.

I'm not sure what he is worth, he comes with a lot of baggage & has had another poor season by his standards.
Yep, ship has sailed now. Dee's missed an opportunity. If they move him on now, or he they retain him, it's going to cost them one way or another.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is that why he went on a family holiday with Gawn? Because the club leaders want him gone?

Club said officially he was staying and is a required player next year. But yeah seems Bigfooty posters know more than what’s been officially stated.
So the X Melbourne guy who to blew the whistle was wrong?

After all he was right in the thick of it, seriously you can’t be this naive.

So the X Melbourne guy who to blew the whistle was wrong?

After all he was right in the thick of it, seriously you can’t be this naive.

What X Melbourne guy?

Oliver posted this on his socials right after the media started speculating yesterday. Not the type of thing you would think someone wanting to leave would post don’t you think?

But yeah let’s believe someone who isn’t even at the club anymore instead. Our club is horrible at leaking and there’s been no formal internal leaks on this. Mostly external noise, probably Mackie trying to just get an asset he can’t afford.

Attachments

• IMG_9369.png
    IMG_9369.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
What X Melbourne guy?

Oliver posted this on his socials right after the media started speculating yesterday. Not the type of thing you would think someone wanting to leave would post don’t you think?

But yeah let’s believe someone who isn’t even at the club anymore instead. Our club is horrible at leaking and there’s been no formal internal leaks on this. Mostly external noise, probably Mackie trying to just get an asset he can’t afford.
It's exactly what you would post if you were trying to keep your options open

Sounds like McClure the flog has just recycled an old rumour

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah, it's a persistent one. He isn't happy. He was thrown under the bus by Tracc and used as a reason why he was unhappy with the club.
Adelaide has been in his ear for a couple of years.
He's not guaranteed to leave, but I think you will find Melbourne would be happy if he did decide to move on at this point.

Umm, how on earth are Geelong supposed to afford him, considering they're also getting Smith?

A late 2nd won't do it Mackie...
LOL.
Nope… you are right there, as a 2nd rounder isn’t even close enough for us.
They would have to offer us more than that to take him and that rather large salary of his.
To clear the salary cap space like Olivers will cost more than that these days I’ve been led to believe.
What have they got? Pick 5? Or 6? That might do...

I don't see how Geelong get both Smith & Oliver deals done.

They will be struggling to get just Smith done with what they got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back