Source please
1-jpeg.2104746

2-jpeg.2104748

3-jpeg.2104749
4-jpeg.2104750
5-jpeg.2104751
6-jpeg.2104752
7-jpeg.2104753

So the journos are contradicting themselves less than a month after this has come out??

Clarrie on $1.3m now, but $1.1m for this article?

Probably a lot of ballpark correct guesses here, with an equal amount of stab in the dark bullshit.

None of this is locked in accurate, lol.

The HUN, please.

So the journos are contradicting themselves less than a month after this has come out??

Probably a lot of ballpark correct guesses here, with an equal amount of stab in the dark bullshit.

The HUN, please.
More or less accurate than asshurt BigFooty.com posters though?

Oliver wanted to be traded to Carlton years ago - didn’t get there. Sooked it up last year to go to the Crows - to no avail. It’s unlikely he’s offloaded go Geelong for a pie and coke. Id be surprised if he didn’t see the remainder of his contract out at the Demons

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rhys Stanley potato ruckman, master negotiator. Seems he gets involved in a lot of player movement.

What kind of weird rituals are they doing at his farm. The AFL need to investigate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The HUN, please.

It's 1.3m being reported now because his salary is staked to the salary cap. Cap goes up, contract goes up to match TPP. So the per year hit is just gonna keep going up over the life of the deal.

I’d expect Port Adelaide to go for this one and outbid everyone. If Oliver just wants out, then Port would be a good option for him too

He can talk to Geelong but they don’t have much to offer
I don't think they need much. Melbourne are in a horrendous position due to overcommiting in Olivers contact significantly.

When the fall back option is keep him on your books unhappy for 6 years as the 6th highest paid player in the AFL.... You are pretty much screwed.

I would expect that another club picking up $1m of his insane salary per year, and a second round pick, would be the best they can hope for.

Why wouldnt the Dees think they could get Oliver back to somewhere close to his best if he were to stay?

Surely there is very little urgency in dumping Clarry's salary, theyve already got Brayshaw's money off the books

Maybe 200k salary contribution each year, not a full on salary dump.
Hes not some non-required player taking up 2x his value

Id 100% be demanding proper value and id be prepared to tell Geelong to go away

I don't think they need much. Melbourne are in a horrendous position due to overcommiting in Olivers contact significantly.

When the fall back option is keep him on your books unhappy for 6 years as the 6th highest paid player in the AFL.... You are pretty much screwed.

I would expect that another club picking up $1m of his insane salary per year, and a second round pick, would be the best they can hope for.
They would never admit failure on that level. They will sink with the ship before they did such a deal.

The deal to do would be Demons part paying his salary but getting a proper haul back.

Id suggest a deal around the lines of say 1st rounder + F2nd for Oliver BUT Demons contributing like 400k per year to his salary is what they would do instead. It will save face

Is this genuine?
Am very wary of Scoops Maclure, but there seem to be a few journos going with it.
Scoops is alright once you realise that 1. The controversial stuff he says is opinion based and not something he is reporting to be true (IE. "they won't pick him Mitch") and 2. When a Journo is saying something and a club says it's not true 95% of the time the club is the one lying (IE. Saints not putting a contract the Merrett, Cox never meeting with Essendon in 2020 both of which very much did happen)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back