Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony that a future 1st round pick from Geelong would probably mean the dees end up targeting Tairon Ah-mu, a guy in the dees nga academy that the afl made up some technicality to ensure we couldn't draft him. Off the back of Mac Andrew being ripped from us. Add in the mix that the afl decided not to allow the trading of future picks (2 years in advance) despite all the clubs being ready for it just at the time that the dees have 2 premium players wanting out. Thanks afl.

Killing us with their inept decision-making for a long period of time now. I'm certain that the AFL will be doing under the table deals with Gold Coast to ensure that Kalani White (Jeff White's son) nominates Gold Coast next year instead of the Dees. But they changed the points system just in case. They're so corrupt.

But sure, let's keep gifting Brisbane top 5 picks and first rounder father/sons and give the dogs a list built from afl gifts.

Dees have to be really careful not to botch the drafts because we don't get any handouts.

Who knows, maybe Levi Ashcroft ends up like Scully or Trengove…

Also as far as I can see it was no surprise Ah-my wasn’t draft eligible for Melbourne, only Melbourne fans are upset but the Dees aren’t surprised. It’s not a technicality he just never met the draft criteria.

There is just no chance Geelong pays anywhere near his whole salary, would be max 800k a year over that period of time, that’s with clayton being shipped out with a first round sweetener. They have a very structured salary system and don’t overpay. If I’m Melbourne I am working out just how bad this contract is and what the best thing moving forward is. This is pure mismanagement, if he was on 900 with 4 years left it wouldn’t even be news. 6 years and 10million dollars, that’s what this is about. Pert looked at the ledger and made some calls, it got out and now Clayton doesn’t feel wanted. For 1.3 a year for 6 more years, with his output and issues is he? No way. Bad contract.

Well they didn’t overpay, but the rules have been changed. So you’re either expecting Melbourne to lose an accomplished mid for pretty low trade value (a late first rounder) AND pay a chunk of his salary, or Geelong to bend the rules around his salary…I don’t think either will happen

What an absolute shit show of a club
Running off with their tails between their legs because no one was even close to giving them what they want.

It’s called being resolute. Enjoy working with your D grade midfield next year. A bloke coming off an ACL won’t make a big difference for you.

Should have just paid up instead of trying to get discounts everywhere you look.

Can’t buy a Ferrari with the cash for a Camry.

The fact is the MFC are going through an external review by Darren Shand atm. As a result the club has done a complete 180 with Clarry and rightly so. In regards to partially paying his contract and the return the club will get, the Dees will get more for Clarry anyone in the football fraternity understands.

A change of scenery will hopefully be good for Clarry and Geelong may come out of this with another premiership. The fact is Geelong (the town) offers everything, plus more, that has taken Clarry off track. Staying on track is Clarry’s big issue/concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s called being resolute. Enjoy working with your D grade midfield next year. A bloke coming off an ACL won’t make a big difference for you.
Resolute would have been trying to make it work rather than having your CEO open up a fire sale, only to find out the market value was a Camry.

Now 17 clubs sit back with their popcorn and watch the dumpster fire really take off

Imagine bringing a bloke down to a players farm only to turn around and say

“We value you and really want you at the club but not willing to pay for you”l and can’t get a deal done.”

Bulldogs no doubt will see this and stick the heels in on Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back