Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Melbourne could get decent compo then I think members could accept it. But if we’re talking F2 and 50% of his wage then that’s a different story.
I think Pert went to clubs such as saints and bombers who he thought might need/want Oliver. Plus be able to satisfy the dees in a trade. No one took the bait and cats caught wind. Tried to lowball and now it’s a huge mess. Bye bye Perty.
I reckon GFC would pay F1 if some of the salary is covered by MFC

Oliver staying could be the worst result for both him and Melb. He likely doesn't get turned around, and they dont get much value from him. We'll see I guess.

melbourne are a laughing stock the way this has played out- the deal is dead simply for the fact the club has been adamant in the past 24 hours that he won’t be traded, if they were to flip flop on this I’d expect the club to be burnt to the ground by the media and members. This one’s dead.
It really depends if they want it burned to the ground. Going by the rate of leaks someone over there wants a clean out

If Melbourne could get decent compo then I think members could accept it. But if we’re talking F2 and 50% of his wage then that’s a different story.
I think Pert went to clubs such as saints and bombers who he thought might need/want Oliver. Plus be able to satisfy the dees in a trade. No one took the bait and cats caught wind. Tried to lowball and now it’s a huge mess. Bye bye Perty.
I think that's why we're not seeing a trade here. Melbourne put on the handcuffs, asked for the whip, then started screaming the safe word before it came out.

An F2 is perfectly fair given the contract. I agree pert probably thought he could get a top 10 from a bottom club-he didn't expect Oliver to nominate Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F2 and how much wage you talking. No way Melbourne would be coughing up 50% with a F2.

That's hard to know bc there's varying reports re what his exact wage is and we don't know if he would take a paycut (if the afl allow it).
My guess is Geelong will only pay 900-1mil pa Max so if it's say 1.4 x 6 it would leave melb to carry 400k x 600 or about 30-35 % of it.
I doubt Geelong pay more than that policy wise, even though we have the cap room.

If he agrees to take a 200k pa pay cut that helps both clubs but I doubt he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back