Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

McClure is reaching. This thing has as much steam in it as the boilers on the titanic

I've got a Google alerts set up for farms sold in Geelong. That'll be a tip off if a farm gets sold to a private buyer for cents on the dollar.

I don't know what some people are upset at Geelong about here. They responded to a player and his manager seeking them out and as soon as they were told he's not being pushed out they said, "ok all the best then".

No one is upset. You are just being over reactive to the fair and warranted criticism about Geelong's conduct.

Clubs typically don't meet with under contract players and their managers unless they have serious intention in executing a deal. Both clubs had mutual interest in a trade with SDK to be the centre piece of the deal. SDK shut this down the next day as he does not want to play for Melbourne (fair enough, smart kid).

With SDK off the table, negotiations broke down and Geelong had no pathway to complete a trade. Regardless, your club spent two days courting Oliver and got him to publicly state that he wanted to be traded to Geelong.

Talk about getting a guy's dick hard and then not letting him stick it in! What a tease!

It is pretty poor to blame Melbourne as being the difficult party when your club is acting like the pork chop from FB Marketplace spamming messages "still avail? I take for free. Is worthless lol"

No one is upset. You are just being over reactive to the fair and warranted criticism about Geelong's conduct.

Clubs typically don't meet with under contract players and their managers unless they have serious intention in executing a deal. Both clubs had mutual interest in a trade with SDK to be the centre piece of the deal. SDK shut this down the next day as he does not want to play for Melbourne (fair enough, smart kid).

With SDK off the table, negotiations broke down and Geelong had no pathway to complete a trade. Regardless, your club spent two days courting Oliver and got him to publicly state that he wanted to be traded to Geelong.

Talk about getting a guy's dick hard and then not letting him stick it in! What a tease!

It is pretty poor to blame Melbourne as being the difficult party when your club is acting like the pork chop from FB Marketplace spamming messages "still avail? I take for free. Is worthless lol"

i hope for your sake you just taking the piss with that nonsense, otherwise time to hit the yellow pages for the local shrink

I'm not sure what else to say to this other than lol

Oddly some Geelong supporters even wanted the AFLPA to intervene and influence the MFC to give Oliver away with a draft pick in the interest of mental health. Peculiar

Would be the correct thing to do. AFL needs more stars and losing Oliver to mental health @ the Dees wouldnt be profitable at the AFL.

AFLPA (Danger) in talks with Oliver. Supposedly Oliver is punting next year as well if he doesnt get to the GFC.

AFLPA putting the press on Melbourne to do the deal. 50% retention + 2nd rounder from the dees.

Both clubs had mutual interest in a trade with SDK to be the centre piece of the deal.

****ing what? Lol
No they didn’t, Cats stated over a week ago they had no intention of trading Sam. Just today Mackie said SDK will be at Geelong for the next 10-15 years.

I think you’re confusing Demons fans on a cope and desperation trip with actual Geelong list management.
Demons fans wanted SDK, Cats said any deal for Oliver would be on their terms and not once included SDK.

How does any of that link to SDK?
The only reason people are bringing up SDK in any way, shape or form is that he didn’t play in the Prelim….
And that’s because Scott didn’t want to risk him in a freaking Prelim where he wasn’t 100%, he was coming off knee surgery and was still finding his legs back under him playing in the VFL, they weren’t going to rush him back. Cats medicos are very precautionary, they’ll usually rest guys or hold them off returning even when they are “healed” as a way to protect blokes. SDK is and has been best 22, don’t let SEN callback folks get in your head…the club has never entertained trading a guy who lives in freaking Torquay, loves the local surf and has all his best mates playing at the same club as him (Holmes, Bruhn, OHenry)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’re confusing Demons fans on a cope and desperation trip with actual Geelong list management.
Demons fans wanted SDK, Cats said any deal for Oliver would be on their terms and not once included SDK.

A bit weird that Mackie “shut down” SDK trade speculation 6 days after discussions with Melbourne broke down innit. For all of Melbourne’s faults, at least we address issues by day 3 lol

SDK was testing the market as a pre-agent and had discussions with several clubs last month.

Anyway, while I hope he doesn't come to the Cats - one bad apple and all that - I will be very surprised if Oliver is still at the Demons in 13 months' time.

They tried to give him a serious reality check this time last year about his professionalism, and it clearly hasn't worked this year. I can't see another year yet again making it any better.

A bit weird that Mackie “shut down” SDK trade speculation 6 days after discussions with Melbourne broke down innit. For all of Melbourne’s faults, at least we address issues by day 3 lol

SDK was testing the market as a pre-agent and had discussions with several clubs last month.
Mackie never even brought it up. Kane Cornes threw out a hypothetical and after the media repeated it a couple of times SDKs manager categorically ruled it out.

If I’m Melbourne I’m trading him while he still has good Value for the best possible deal he looks completely cooked mentally if anyone trades for him I believe they are taking a massive punt
I think you’ll find Melbourne were trying to trade him. But there was no offer worth considering. There’s no good value here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back