Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be the correct thing to do. AFL needs more stars and losing Oliver to mental health @ the Dees wouldnt be profitable at the AFL.

AFLPA (Danger) in talks with Oliver. Supposedly Oliver is punting next year as well if he doesnt get to the GFC.

AFLPA putting the press on Melbourne to do the deal. 50% retention + 2nd rounder from the dees.

You are just full of it mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would be the correct thing to do. AFL needs more stars and losing Oliver to mental health @ the Dees wouldnt be profitable at the AFL.

AFLPA (Danger) in talks with Oliver. Supposedly Oliver is punting next year as well if he doesnt get to the GFC.

AFLPA putting the press on Melbourne to do the deal. 50% retention + 2nd rounder from the dees.
Have a spell mate.

Clarry would fill a desperate need for the Cats even at 80% and could probably turn us into premiers next season. That being said I think we could probably make a case for letting our current midfield group continue developing and bring in a slightly younger star midfielder in the future.
Irrelevant anyway if MFC don't let him go and he decides he doesn't want to leave.

Geelong can just wait another year.. If he has another bad season he will be worth close to nothing next year with that contract.
that's correct. And if he plays well, he'll be worth double. It's a big year for Clayton.

But I love how everyone is critical of Melbourne for not trading a player that wants out but there's many clubs that are doing the same thing. GWS are playing hardball over Wade Derksen who has said he wants to leave. So it's just because Clayton is high profile that mfc gets the backlash.

Geelong can just wait another year.. If he has another bad season he will be worth close to nothing next year with that contract.
You’re right he would be worth nothing in trade but Geelong would still need to take on his salary which I’m not sure how they make that work. Because it’s fanciful if they think Melbourne are actually going to keep paying half his salary

that's correct. And if he plays well, he'll be worth double. It's a big year for Clayton.

But I love how everyone is critical of Melbourne for not trading a player that wants out but there's many clubs that are doing the same thing. GWS are playing hardball over Wade Derksen who has said he wants to leave. So it's just because Clayton is high profile that mfc gets the backlash.

Again, to be fair, the only reason Oliver was even up for discussion, is because he was shopped around by Pert. Every other club has enquired about a player, and then that player has been held (thus far) - as is a club's right.

Had we enquired about Oliver and had a meeting and been told 'soz, offer sucks and we're keeping him', there would be literally no story. The problem, and the major difference is, that this has happened to Oliver two years in a row - this time he wasn't even considering leaving...until Pert tried to covertly enquire about the possibility, and pissed him and his management off.

Honestly, if you sack Pert and Lamb, you'd probably look a lot more united as a club, IMO. Essentially saying 'only a handful of people wanted Clayton gone, and those people weren't in alignment with the club and its ethos' - or something to that effect. As it stands, no-one is in alignment on anything right now, and it's all damage control to protect their own interests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back