Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the problem there is that Oliver needs to say yes to the trade too.
And so does Melbourne.

If Melbourne want Oliver gone they’ll tell Oliver to explore options with clubs that have the assets to get a deal done.

At the moment Melbourne haven’t told Oliver he’s up for trade. One club is thinking he’s gettable and organising meetings with him but isn’t putting an offer up to entice Melbourne.

And so does Melbourne.

If Melbourne want Oliver gone they’ll tell Oliver to explore options with clubs that have the assets to get a deal done.

At the moment Melbourne haven’t told Oliver he’s up for trade. One club is thinking he’s gettable and organising meetings with him but isn’t putting an offer up to entice Melbourne.
Yep, that is why the driver has to be Melbourne or it can't work.

You're not correct on the not up for trade part either. That is a public statement that no one buys when the ceo has been shopping him around.

Melbourne drove it then panicked. Ball is on their court

Yep, that is why the driver has to be Melbourne or it can't work.

You're not correct on the not up for trade part either. That is a public statement that no one buys when the ceo has been shopping him around.

Melbourne drove it then panicked. Ball is on their court
Melbourne might be in discontent, CEO, coach, list mangers aren’t on the same page. CEO might of explored his worth behind others backs, the coach is adamant he’s not going anywhere. The club hasn’t put him up for trade, they haven’t said he’s available, they haven’t told Oliver to look for another club.

If they do there will be more than one club in the mix. Right now one club has sort out a meeting with the player, up to them to entice Melbourne to get on the same page of releasing Oliver before they are competing with other clubs.

And so does Melbourne.

That one club has several journos doing their bidding and frothing for the trade to happen.

17 + F1 for Oliver (maybe an F2 coming back?)

Overpay? Underpay? Thoughts?
Hope you didn't need the hand I just bit off.

Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Melbourne want him gone. They tried last year now they’re not even being secretive about it this year.

But Geelong have to trade and sell the farm for Clarry. For a player that the Dees want to get rid of. Makes sense.

You can’t have your cake but eat it at the same time Dess fans.

Ditto Doggies fans who expect Baz to get them Top 10+ picks for someone who is out of contract and hasn’t played a good season of footy in two years. I’m glad Baz is going to Geelong, I told him he should and he listened even though he wanted Hawks initially.

Let’s hope for Clarrys career sake he gets out of Melbourne. We want to get rid of you but we will hold you to contract makes great sense doesn’t it

Melbourne want him gone. They tried last year now they’re not even being secretive about it this year.

But Geelong have to trade and sell the farm for Clarry. For a player that the Dees want to get rid of. Makes sense.

Ditto Doggies fans who expect Baz to get them Top 10+ picks for someone who is out of contract and hasn’t played a good season of footy in two years. I’m glad Baz is going to Geelong, I told him he should and he listened even though he wanted Hawks initially.

Let’s hope for Clarrys career sake he gets out of Melbourne. We want to get rid of you but we will hold you to contract makes great sense doesn’t it
You are without doubt the funniest poster on Big Footy 🤣🤣🤣
1728793112269.gif

Hey a trade thread you're not banned from! Good for you!

And so does Melbourne.

So melbourne want everything on their terms despite them appearing to being the ones that want to break a contract they signed. Melbourne have a duty to honour their contract. If they choose not to then oliver can just say nup. Im going to stay anyway. We have a contract.

If oliver leaves because melbourne want him to leaves then it should 100 percent be on olivers terms. If it was oliver choosing to break the contract then melbourne have a right to refuse and if they choose to honour olivers request it should be 100 percent on the demons terms. Which one is it? Who is the party trying to break the contract?

So melbourne want everything on their terms despite the, being the omes that want to break a contract they signed. Melbourne have a duty to honour their contract. If they choose not to then oliver can just say nup. Im going to stay anyway. We have a contract.

If oliver leaves because melbourne want him to leaves then it should 100 percent be on olivers terms. If it was oliver choosing to break the contract then melbourne have a right to refuse and if they choose to honour olivers request it should be 100 percent on the demons terms. Which one is it? Who is the party trying to break the contract?
I believe Oliver is the one speaking to Geelong.

Melbournes president Brad Green said we aren’t trading Oliver.
Melbournes coach Simon Goodwin said he wants Oliver to stay.
Melbourne list manager said Oliver will be at Melbourne next year.
I’ve not seen or heard anyone at Melbourne say they want to break his contract.

If Oliver wants out then Melbourne should get the best for themselves.

That one club has several journos doing their bidding and frothing for the trade to happen.

Your CEO probably treats the media the same way he has treated Oliver so they've seen an opportunity to pile on. There are a few journos with Geelong leanings but I wouldn't count Morris and McClure among them and they appear to be the two really pushing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17 + F1 for Oliver (maybe an F2 coming back?)

Overpay? Underpay? Thoughts?
My Thoughts...
It all Depends.
Who's paying his salary??
If it's us. We taking the whole enchilada?? The 6 million??
Then. It's a WAY OVER PAY. 2 firsts?? yeah nah... even with a 2nd coming back. Mack says GTFOH.
Here's a 2nd and a 3rd as we've just relieved u of a 6 million dollar anchor... u pick the year
If they are paying half or a third.
F1 or this years First...take ya pick... and a 2nd in the alternate year.
Either is spot on.
FWIW He (CO)is irrelevant to the basket case which is the MFC.
He. The player. Clayton Oliver is on the outer.
He is the tattoo that needs removing. The wart that needs to be burnt off.
Relationships are totally broken.
The coach Goody is a bloody twit.
As for Green, he for me is a real dumb twat.
Not forgetting Pert ...well... couldn't run a raffle let alone a Footy Club FFS. He's the ashtray on my motorbike.
As for Christian BackTrackka, he is the best weapon we have in this whole saga.
So MFC. You pick one. BackTrakka or Clarry. Can't have both in that locker room. younoit & wenoit.
Just let this sink in.
The MFC had a Dynasty knocking on its door. But were too busy having a nap on the couch.
We are dealing with a disorganised disjointed and a delusional mob there at the MCG.
No wonder they are in the predicament they find themselves in.
Let them spruik out whatever they like.
In the end, they (MFC) need CO gone/outta there.
Problem for them is.
Everyone knows it.

I believe Oliver is the one speaking to Geelong.

Melbournes president Brad Green said we aren’t trading Oliver.
Melbournes coach Simon Goodwin said he wants Oliver to stay.
Melbourne list manager said Oliver will be at Melbourne next year.
I’ve not seen or heard anyone at Melbourne say they want to break his contract.

If Oliver wants out then Melbourne should get the best for themselves.
If you want Oliver, do you trade pick 17 or 2025r1?
I think Melbourne are happy with either of them.
Bulldogs will have a preference, which it is I don't know. Perhaps ask them, trade the other one for Oliver.
Demons I think accept
17,2025r3 for Oliver, 2025r2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back