Clinton Grybas Passes Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

I remember he read my email out on White Line Fever once. I was truly grateful.

The reason we're taking it so hard is because he is a genuine bloke who loves the game and would never say a bad word about anyone. Not just some scum news reporter who resembles a 2nd hand car dealer.

You can just tell he went above and beyond the call of duty at Fox Footy. See you in the Hall of Fame Grybas!
He once read out my text message. Something about who's stronger out of Gehrig and J Brown. Or who would you rather play. I can't remember.

Massive loss to footy. He can't be replaced. I wonder if he would have even realised what a positive impact he had on everyone.

Wow...ive been at work all day and come home to read this, i thought it was a joke at first...

Totally shocked, same age as me 32.:(
You will be missed.

RIP Clinton

absolutely shocked, found out threw a text off a mate telling me off his passing, as him and i have been massive fans of his calls of each game since the beginning!!

he brought so much excitement into the game, i will always remember him for getting very vocal when someone would do something special or kick a good goal!!

he was a pleasure to listen to...football wont be the same!! its a big call but thats how much i enjoyed his commentary

Shattering news.

You could just tell when he started at the ABC here in Perth that the guy had not only the chops, but that he was instantly holding his own amonst the heavyweights - undaunted by the position was in (after all, he was replacing the late George Grjlusich as game-day caller). It was sad when he got summoned back east - but you knew he was destined for bigger and better things.

His commentary style is what immediately set him apart from the others I would hear so often. Many of the 'old school' commentators have a condescending tone to their voice - you would never find such a thing with Clinton Grybas. Sure, you could tell he if he was displeased with something, but there was never an arrogance with him.

Having had Foxtel's footy coverage since the start - I can only echo the sentiments of others (including the normally dreaded Robert Walls) when they said that the guy was destined to be the voice of football for the next twenty years or so.

Completely shattered. First, my favourite writer (Matt Price) passes, and now my favourite caller. Please don't let there be a third.

absolutely shocked, found out threw a text off a mate telling me off his passing, as him and i have been massive fans of his calls of each game since the beginning!!

he brought so much excitement into the game, i will always remember him for getting very vocal when someone would do something special or kick a good goal!!

he was a pleasure to listen to...football wont be the same!! its a big call but thats how much i enjoyed his commentary

I feel the same way - He was A GUN commentator and from all reports was an awesome bloke.

Its very sad.

Not just a great commentator and presenter, but a great guy.

I never met Clinton but had email correspondence with him over the years.

He replied to every email I sent and always sent a thoughtful and considered reply.

It always gave me the impression, that above everything else, at heart Clinton was a fan just like the rest of us. And this was reflected in his approach to his presenting and commentating, he loved what he did.

We lost one of the best today.

Not just a great commentator and presenter, but a great guy.

I never met Clinton but had email correspondence with him over the years.

He replied to every email I sent and always sent a thoughtful and considered reply.

It always gave me the impression, that above everything else, at heart Clinton was a fan just like the rest of us. And this was reflected in his approach to his presenting and commentating, he loved what he did.

We lost one of the best today.

Well said mate - reading the posts he responded to a lot of emails when clearly he didn't need to. To take the time to respond shows the class of the mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sunk 5 inches into the couch a few hours ago when I heard this news. I can't believe he's gone. He was the best thing that's happened to footy media in 15 years, and he'll be a mammoth loss.

R.I.P. :(

I'm thinking back to last year when Chris Mainwaring died, and how there was pretty nasty stuff written on BigFooty (which forced the moderators to remove some of the offending articles) about Mainwaring's death and why he died. Here, totally different situation altogether, with virtually everyone paying respect to Clinton Grybas, and not one nasty word about it. Which is an indication just how much respect the sports community-not just AFL-have for Clinton Grybas.

Totally, totally shocked when I heard. Still can't believe it. RIP mate you were the best.

Not sure if this has been posted or not but sleep walking maybe the answer.

THE death of Melbourne sports commentator Clinton Grybas is being investigated by Victoria police - but it is believed he died while sleepwalking.
Friends and family of the 32-year-old found dead in his city apartment yesterday said they understood he had died after hitting his head while sleepwalking.

They recounted incidents where the 3AW and Fox Sports figure had frightened himself by waking on his 15th floor balcony.

In another sleepwalking incident, Grybas thought an intruder had given him a headwound after hitting his head.

Police said there were no signs of assault or struggle

If the sleepwalking story is true, really hits home how anything can happen at any time. Quite scary really...

But I dunno, he hit his head while sleepwalking and died? Doesn't add up to me...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but he was so humble. He did his job magnificently, but I feel certain he would have volunteered to call any sport for anyone just to be involved.

F**k, this is horrible

Condolences to his friends and family. He was one of the best, if not the best. Not only that, he had his whole life ahead of him. What a shit sandwich.

Sleepwalking and living on the 15th floor doesn't sound like a healthy combination.

I sunk 5 inches into the couch a few hours ago when I heard this news. I can't believe he's gone. He was the best thing that's happened to footy media in 15 years, and he'll be a mammoth loss.

R.I.P. :(

Could not have said it better myself. Rest in peace Clinton, you will be sorely missed.

I just feel like I am taking this harder than I should considering I never met the man.

Is it because we are losing the best caller in our game?

Is it because he is only 32?

Is it because seeing this happen to someone who seemingly had it all is just a completely sobering thought?

I'm really rattled by this.

That really sums up how I feel - I'm just so shocked and shattered. He's the same age as my husband and only 2 years older than me, I just can't believe he could be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back