Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
The body isnt even cold yet, BUT we need to get acting on this immediately. We should be sounding out candidates tomorrow and getting offers in before other clubs enter the fray

For me its down to 3.

Ashley Hansen
Jaymie Graham
Dean Cox

I know everyone keeps saying Cox but think he has a clear path to coaching Sydney in the near future and he may actually say no. Out of the remaining candidates id go with Ashley Hansen. Has the coaching accolades on his resume + will be the most keen. His assistants should just 100% be his decision. Would be wary of hiring in a experienced assistant. Think he doesnt need it

For me its down to 3.

Ashley Hansen
Jaymie Graham
Dean Cox
You literally just pulled a Caro and named three former players.

Anyway, a few outsider names I'd like to see considered:
Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon midfield coach, my favorite choice)
James Rahilly (Geelong assistant; former Adelaide fwds coach)
Corey Enright (St Kilda backline coach)

You literally just pulled a Caro and named three former players.

Anyway, a few outsider names I'd like to see considered:
Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon midfield coach)
James Rahilly (Geelong assistant; former Adelaide fwds coach)
Corey Enright (St Kilda backline coach)
Just a coincidence mainly those are the 3 most qualified assistants at this point. Corey Enright is a good shout also though

Josh Carr?

I like Chris Newman or Daniel Giansiracusa as options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to bring it up.

Pending successful interm but Jarrod Schofield has by far the best CV of the lot. He's a winner and everywhere he goes ends up being winners as well

3x wafl flag winner
1x Afl Flag winner (at a loser club port)
3x wafl flag winner as coach
Remarkable assistant coach record at other clubs.

If we want the best CV then it's Schofield by far. This new voice crap is akin to let's pick favourite son.

In saying that it does make sense to get a new voice but CV speaks for itself

Adrian Hickmott is pretty highly rated too.

Im a better chance then Schofield

Im not a bad shout. Ill have Chesser off HBF in no time
We will gladly take him back if you don't want him. We actually rated him quite highly in his time with us and would argue he helped Boak and Wines rejuvenate their careers, at least temporarily.

Doesn't look like he's helped much with you guys so far though.

We need a development and professionalism/standards oriented coach at this point in time. Elaborate gameplans can go on the backburner until we re - establish standards and a positive mentality, and coaches who want to do a quick and dirty Clayton's rebuild by trading out picks for 27 year old's need not apply.

I hate to bring it up.

Pending successful interm but Jarrod Schofield has by far the best CV of the lot. He's a winner and everywhere he goes ends up being winners as well

3x wafl flag winner
1x Afl Flag winner (at a loser club port)
3x wafl flag winner as coach
Remarkable assistant coach record at other clubs.

If we want the best CV then it's Schofield by far. This new voice crap is akin to let's pick favourite son.

In saying that it does make sense to get a new voice but CV speaks for itself

Unless everything Schofield was putting up was getting shot down by Simpson i can't get on board with this thinking.

We need NEW voices. Coaches that owe the playing group nothing and will have no favourites (except Harleybae ofc)

Why do people keep mentioning Josh Carr as an option? He has an agreement with Port to start taking over from Hinkley from next year and to take over in his own right in 2026. And that timeline is likely to be accelerated and Hinkley better than a 50% chance of getting sacked at the end of this year. And Port would be a more attractive club to take over as coach than us. Carr is not an option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back