• Lade

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Been very impressed by Schofield so far, if the effort is there on game day for the rest of the year I would be keen to see him get the contract short of another candidate getting a standing ovation for his interview.

Needs some good efforts in away games to round off his job application. Performances like the one against St Kilda may bring him right back to the pack.

Big game for him this week , the effort was shocking against the saints and traditionally when we’ve been spanked the next week the group brings effort so I’m not buying into him too much, at the end of the day we would have to at least win a game or 2 for him to be considered, caretaker coaches generally only get the full time gig if they win a games. He won’t be getting a look in if his record is 0-7 by seasons end.

If Schofield was to get it. He should be on 1 year contracts to avoid the sugar hit scenario. It's not as if he is going to be poached and west coast can easily recruit someone else.

Fine two years with the second year depending on results. That's how Jarrod Schofield contract hopefully with be structured.

But add in extra guarantees regardless of his senior coach performance he can be out assistance for five years or something like that

Oh no! Forgot you'd switched over to your alt before replying?

If Schofield was to get it. He should be on 1 year contracts to avoid the sugar hit scenario. It's not as if he is going to be poached and west coast can easily recruit someone else.

If Schofield is the coach then he is no different to any other potential coach. We are in a major rebuild and hence contract would be a minimum of 3 years.

How about we suggest that, instead of getting a salary, he pays the club for the privilege of being senior coach?

How about we give him a maximum number of losses (say 10) and once he hits that, he’s out on his arse?

How about he gets to be senior coach, but on non-match days he has to help train Auzzie the Eagle by putting carrion on his balls and running around the middle of Optus?

All terrible working conditions that would immediately turn off any prospective applicant. Just like everything you’ve suggested.
Now you're just being silly.

Week to week contract, depending on the spinning wheel of death.

james corden spinning GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Big game for him this week , the effort was shocking against the saints and traditionally when we’ve been spanked the next week the group brings effort so I’m not buying into him too much, at the end of the day we would have to at least win a game or 2 for him to be considered, caretaker coaches generally only get the full time gig if they win a games. He won’t be getting a look in if his record is 0-7 by seasons end.
Not impressed by Schofields results so far. Simmo had better results against the Saints and the Dockers.
The next 2 games are critical, if our results are worse than when we played the Suns and Norf in the first round then we have gone absolutely nowhere.

Not impressed by Schofields results so far. Simmo had better results against the Saints and the Dockers.
The next 2 games are critical, if our results are worse than when we played the Suns and Norf in the first round then we have gone absolutely nowhere.

As much as I agree, I’m also not impressed with schfields results yet, I’m not sure you can compare results on teams the last time we played them. Teams go through ebbs and flows throughout the season , the dockers are a much better team now then when we played them in round 6.

How about we suggest that, instead of getting a salary, he pays the club for the privilege of being senior coach?

How about we give him a maximum number of losses (say 10) and once he hits that, he’s out on his arse?

How about he gets to be senior coach, but on non-match days he has to help train Auzzie the Eagle by putting carrion on his balls and running around the middle of Optus?

All terrible working conditions that would immediately turn off any prospective applicant. Just like everything you’ve suggested.
It's fine, he gets to work for exposure and to build his portfolio, way better than a long, stable contract

As much as I agree, I’m also not impressed with schfields results yet, I’m not sure you can compare results on teams the last time we played them. Teams go through ebbs and flows throughout the season , the dockers are a much better team now then when we played them in round 6.
And are we much much worse if the Suns and Norf beat us again by much bigger margins?

If Schofield is the coach then he is no different to any other potential coach. We are in a major rebuild and hence contract would be a minimum of 3 years.
3 years for someone potentially on a sugar hit? Almost every interim coach produces results and then it all turns to crap the following year.

3 years for someone potentially on a sugar hit? Almost every interim coach produces results and then it all turns to crap the following year.
Where’s this “sugar hit” coming from?

We haven’t won a game under Schofield yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed. What we're seeing is a sugar hit. If you don't like what you see now, then imagine once the sugar hit ends.

Right. Just say you don’t want Schofield as fulltime coach. You don’t need to post from two different accounts with increasingly unrealistic contract conditions you’d offer him.

Right. Just say you don’t want Schofield as fulltime coach. You don’t need to post from two different accounts with increasingly unrealistic contract conditions you’d offer him.
I didn't say Schofield wasn't worthy, just that a 1 year contract would be much safer.

I don't know who this other poster is.

Now you're just being silly.

Week to week contract, depending on the spinning wheel of death.

james corden spinning GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
You're getting closer but as far as I'm concerned if we haven't improved by quarter time of round 1 next year, get him out, otherwise, sign him until half time.

Brief snippet from Schofield’s appearance on VFL360 addressing his coaching ambitions

Doesn’t give away much but says he’s settling into the role and sounds like he’s more likely than not to apply for the role

I’m definitely warming to him as a candidate

They also spoke to him and Hardwick about their time as teammates in Port’s 2004 premiership. It completely slipped my mind that Schofield played under Choco Williams and if he’s coach it might help if we then wanted to chase Williams to be head of development

Quite a few coaches/potential coaches coming out of that side including Hardwick, Kingsley, Carr, Montgomery, Lade and Schofield

WTF you talking about? We don’t even know if he is going to be considered or even wants the job.
But if he does want it and goes through a process and is successful it will be a 3 year contract.
Just as it will be for every other candidate. Why is this all sounding strange to you?

Apologies for the intrusion.

The club needs to take this opportunity to get its ducks in a row off field. You can go & get the best candidate but if off field is not humming there is no cohesion between on field & off then you won’t get consistent results. With Nissy putting his stamp on it for so long, off field is going to take a couple of years so they can’t sit on their hands in front office.

As for Schofield there’s enough time for the club to see if he is the right man to lead a young group, these weeks are plenty sample size, but it will be the players who will ultimately decide if he is the right man. The relationships they have with him & how he communicates instructions & his game plan will decide whether the players are on board with him.

The club needs to play its cards close to its chest when discussing anything to do with Schofield, as they don’t want to put off any potential candidates who may think it’s a done deal.

Just an interesting side bit & I’m sure you have discussed it, but there is a feel internally at the Eagles that the facilities are not being used correctly & to their full potential. Results since they have been in use have not been great & there is a feel that the players have it too good & aren’t using the facilities in the right manner.

Bottom line is the players are not working hard enough & are a bit spoilt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back