Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 36.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Big day for Jarrod Schofield.

Win today and the media will treat it as fait accompli…but lose to a brave, heroic and undermanned Carlton team…and they’ll be right off him.

Probably cop an ‘article’ with Jack Reiwoldt pumping up McQualter’s tyres on a Fox Footy panel show by Tuesday.

Yep, this is a big game for Schoey…expected to win against a undermanned opponent at home & 250 for Crippa + farewell for Gaffy. Win this and I reckon he’s almost home…

Glen Quartermaine made a good point on ABC sports talk yesterday (think it was him, might have been Clint Wheeldon)

Sumich was considered the front runner for the job back in 2013, but the selection panel were blown away by Simpson’s presentation which ultimately won him the job

So whilst Schofield might be considered the front runner, especially if we are able to win today, there’s no guarantees until other candidates have their opportunity to present

And those presentations may not come until each respective candidates’ team has finished their finals run. Simpson, for instance, wasn’t appointed until after Hawthorn won the GF that year. (Other clubs have made appointments whilst the club of the new coach has still been playing)

That’s why white board dusters and markers are better projectiles in this day and age.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The black board dusters thrown at sleeping students , that’s a relic from the past ..

Wasn't overly popular with the playing group tho. Well at least in the year Elijah Taylor was in the team. Whichever year that was.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The playing group was pretty average talent so the Taylor boy was given some leeway which probably is what most coaches do to get players drafted ..

I would like to see our club not give a crap about the soft cap. Payout what you want and then just pay the tax. whats the point of having the money stored away if you don't use it.

Have a read of this for info on the soft cap:
Soft Cap Link

• Soft cap is $7.275m
  • 20% of senior coach salary sits outside the cap.
  • There's a sliding scale on taxing if exceeding the soft cap. The first $1m is taxed less than any amount over that. The amount of tax also increases if you exceed the cap in consecutive years.
  • There's a relocation allowance that sits outside of the soft cap as well (for all those east coast coaches using the excuse of not wanting to relocate to WA).

I couldn't find the current tax rate, but as recently as 2022 the tax on exceeding the cap in the 3rd consecutive year was 400%.

While we as a club can afford to pay the tax, exceeding it beyond 12-24 months becomes financially irresponsible.

Also, I couldn't find anything on how the soft cap tax funds are distributed.
I don't think it necessarily goes into the pockets of other clubs, just gets collected by the AFL and spent as they see fit.
I have no idea how the cap works but if it was me, and the NGA doesn’t fall under some cap. That's where I would literally destroy the competition.

Bring in 2/3 names mentioned and go all out on talent identification to bring them through the door that way.

No tax
First rights to future talent.

North board confirming that during the week that super coach Clarko delivered one of the all time sprays.

Good to see they stepped up and flew the flag for the jumper today. Should smash a chair next week.

North board confirming that during the week that super coach Clarko delivered one of the all time sprays.

Good to see they stepped up and flew the flag for the jumper today. Should smash a chair next week.
When Noble did that the players sooked and he got the arse.

Club is mentally weak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's very clear that we need to go as far away as possible from any of the previous regime.

Move on, new era.

I really like Schofield, and think that he has done everything he could possibly do considering the circumstances.
Today's result is a blessing in disguise if it results in Schofield not getting considered.

The club desperately needs a fresh set of eyes now, a new direction and voice and I think if he was appointed, Schofield would just end up another failed interim coach appointment.

The hiding today & no doubt next week certainly would have to end Schofield's chances to coach us.

I expected a response from Carlton but for us to get flogged like this is just piss poor. Arguably as bad as the Hawthorn effort.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is exactly why coaches are pulling out of this role.... There will be games like this that make's any coach look bad going to be a tough few years 😔

The hiding today & no doubt next week certainly would have to end Schofield's chances to coach us.

I expected a response from Carlton but for us to get flogged like this is just piss poor. Arguably as bad as the Hawthorn effort.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Footy trip on the mind by the looks of it. But we have been outclassed, out worked and outpaced. Probably out coached as well. For all the BF hype on playing our kids they have been pathetic. We cannot trade down and must build the midfield around HR with pace and skill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back