Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspect we'll stick with Schofield still. Not his fault how we've traded and drafted under Simmo. Not his fault how poor our list is, or how bad our skills are. Give him three years and then assess again. Give him opportunity to build his team of assistants. Worst case, we need a new coach but with a more competent list.
We can do all of that with anyone at coach. If we’re just waiting out the clock on a list build, why would not use this time to kick the tyres on the best option instead of ‘sticking with’ the easy choice.

Disagree. I think he is definitely the right man. Unfortunately he has to get rid of 80% of the list to start advancing.

80% sounds harsh, but realistically it's the guys at Duggan, Cole, Witho age bracket and above that need to be cut out. We're not going to drive home the standards required if these are the guys driving them.

He got WAFL flags at a cashed up club with a dream list. His midfield at WC has been poor. I think we look outside.

And we will, if he was at another club with his resume we would be yelling to appoint him.
The list is a disgrace thanks to previous coach and club decisions and now we need to face up to reality how far back we are coming from.

Brett Montgomery, come on down?

80% sounds harsh, but realistically it's the guys at Duggan, Cole, Witho age bracket and above that need to be cut out. We're not going to drive home the standards required if these are the guys driving them.

Maybe right mate but until we get a coach we can’t make those calls.
Schofield right now is only getting us to the end of 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today changes nothing for mine, when the club is ready to pick sides to win games of football rather than for massaging the ego's of a bunch of irrelevant veterans then I'm confident Schofield can coach. I flatly refuse to believe than getting Gaff to the mythical 300 was a decision made by a caretaker coach needing to win games to pad his resume.

Sumich is correct about one thing. Schofield has had to make no hard calls about anything at this point in time. He is getting on with everyone now but see how it pans out there he up someone’s or has the guts to cut an underperforming player .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sumich is correct about one thing. Schofield has had to make no hard calls about anything at this point in time. He is getting on with everyone now but see how it pans out there he up someone’s or has the guts to cut an underperforming player .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correct, suma hits it on the head. I have no doubt t Schofield will do the required but he can’t until he is the coach.

Correct, suma hits it on the head. I have no doubt t Schofield will do the required but he can’t until he is the coach.

this is farcical. campaigners here keep going on about trusting in pyke blah blah bullshit. If pyke is all that, why hasnt he empowered schofield in this caretaker period?

this is farcical. campaigners here keep going on about trusting in pyke blah blah bullshit. If pyke is all that, why hasnt he empowered schofield in this caretaker period?
Because his job is to get the team to the end of the season.

Schofield achieved more then expected , two wins in succession with possibly the worst list seen by many . Today was ordinary but Schofield still in with a chance especially as candidates are still running from the job at pace .

Schofield will make a great senior coach. But not for us. The role is a sacrificial lamb who will churn out the list.

Somebody like schofield is shark bait cause media, fans, and players will call for his sacking asap due to no credits.

We need a coach that has the legitness to stay the course of the churn that is a senior coach (Ken)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back