Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

We were outclassed, out paced and out coached. Much like every game we played I guess. Who was our midfield and storage coach - the processes would need to have be developed over an extended period. Well we all know who - 'they' would need a very impressive analysis and plan to be our next coach. Bring on the professional process.

We also had nothing to play for today (just pride and mates but footy is more ruthless than that) - Richmond esque.

Clarkson to Eagles
Simpson to North Melbourne.
A year ago it could if happened but not now
We were outclassed, out paced and out coached. Much like every game we played I guess. Who was our midfield and storage coach - the processes would need to have be developed over an extended period. Well we all know who - 'they' would need a very impressive analysis and plan to be our next coach. Bring on the professional process.

We also had nothing to play for today (just pride and mates but footy is more ruthless than that) - Richmond esque.

It’s a good post mate, all true.
But reality until we have a new head of footy which is a coach we can’t make much of a change.
The process is ahead of us and the best candidate will de employed according to the club.

I get the feeling we already hired someone. Pykes comments about people taking their name out of the hat when they werent in contention in a snarky way makes me think the interview pile is likely very very small in size and its more or less a formality as to who we get

Feel like it will be Montgomery who gets the job

I get the feeling we already hired someone. Pykes comments about people taking their name out of the hat when they werent in contention in a snarky way makes me think the interview pile is likely very very small in size and its more or less a formality as to who we get

Feel like it will be Montgomery who gets the job

Montgomery is a nobody? In what universe is he ahead of Schofield?

Played 200 games and been an assistant for 15 years. How many coaching hires aren't nobodies by that logic?

Throw everything at Chris Scott or give it to Schofield but let him do it his way

I liked the presser, pretty clear he's keeping recites. Not sure who had the job on Cripps in the start but basically he said when individuals don't do what they are supposed to do and then its up to others to do their job... pretty sure Trew didn't start with a run with role there but he seemed to finish with one.

I did like Schofields presser ,he didn't name names, but he was very upfront as to where and why we lost the game today.

Players were given tasks and didn't stick to them as instructed, one of the more honest less "bullshitty" post game pressers that I have heard for years.

You could see that he was pissed that certain players didn't stick to their designated tasks AND he was so upfront admitting that the players didn't turn up today....which is totally unacceptable.

All of which doesn't lessen todays insipid performance, but it's the first time in a long while, that I have heard a WC Coach call the players on their shit.

Additionally our list is so substandard, it scream putrid.

When you have players who don't have the ability to hit a target by foot and or execute a five meter hand pass accurately, you will always be pushing the proverbial up hill.

Plea to our recruiters , for the love of God, please stop drafting athletes over footballers.

I don't care who the names are, but by ***k it would be refreshing if we could draft some kids with a better than average footy IQ and FFS some genuine skills, oh and no more fu(ken kids with a history of injuries, who were good two or three years ago, but have had their immediate year compromised through prolonged injury spells.

We have so much to do to get the list to the bare minimum standard required, before we can fully assess the merit of who we have at the tiller.

Cant expect Scofield or whoever we end up appointing to be able to polish a turd, to turn it into a diamond.

I liked the lizards Presser post game, oh and if you wonder why I call him the lizard, then hopefully this gif explains why.

tumblr_o0f3uxuZkP1tenv8eo3_400.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can tell he wasn't happy by the way he said players weren't executing their role/ playing to instruction.

Basically confirmed Hall as an in next week. Expect a few other changes.

He sounded pretty confident that he’ll be there for the pre season ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I liked the presser, pretty clear he's keeping recites. Not sure who had the job on Cripps in the start but basically he said when individuals don't do what they are supposed to do and then its up to others to do their job... pretty sure Trew didn't start with a run with role there but he seemed to finish with one.

Reid started on Cripps at the first bounce…. Useless Williams gave a free away straight away and then Cripps took the handball with Reid running 5 metres behind and booted it inside 50

The hiding today & no doubt next week certainly would have to end Schofield's chances to coach us.

I expected a response from Carlton but for us to get flogged like this is just piss poor. Arguably as bad as the Hawthorn effort.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah, no more than the last two weeks would have sealed the job. You can’t turn things around in a couple of weeks, the results should largely be irrelevant, whether he is the best man for the job will come down to the interview and plans for the future, none of which we will be privy to.

seriously I havent seen anything to justify the in pyke we trust dick-riding.

I would have thought the fact that he had a forthright discussion with Simpson, after which Simpson moved on, would have been a good start.

Nah, no more than the last two weeks would have sealed the job. You can’t turn things around in a couple of weeks, the results should largely be irrelevant, whether he is the best man for the job will come down to the interview and plans for the future, none of which we will be privy to.

Exactly mate, winning an AFL coaching position is a big deal, it’s a process. Hopefully the best candidate will get it.

Reid started on Cripps at the first bounce…. Useless Williams gave a free away straight away and then Cripps took the handball with Reid running 5 metres behind and booted it inside 50

I think he was talking about Kelly personally, said there wasn't a tag but collective effort and execution of a plan expected. Reid no doubt partly to blame but doubt Schofield is too filthy on a first year player, or the ruckman for that matter.

I'm not following the logic of montgomery= nobody, schofield = somebody.

Both 200 gamers who have been coaching in some capacity for 15 years, Montgomery in the AFL system for far longer than schofield.

I don't have a dog in the fight, I just expect us to do our due diligence and interview our shortlist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back