Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Half of you seem to be coming round to the idea of Ken as coach.

End Of The World Epix GIF by Britannia

In trying to get used to the idea of Hinkley i come back to the old adage of if you needed brain surgery would you rather the surgeon who has done the operation 100 times, made some mistakes and botched a few but learned from it and now has an above average record of success or the rookie surgeon who will be doing the operation for the first time and has no failures on his record (yet)?

Did not like the idea of Hinkley at all when it first popped up but have come around to it a bit. Look at where Port were when Hinkley got there, they we a basket case!! He has built and developed a pretty good midfield that play a good brand of footy and has good relationships with JHF, Rozee and Butters. We need someone to develop our young mids as our development has been terrible for a long time.
Has great relationships with his players, not many leave.

Would need a great strategy coach to come with him. Hansen but not sure he moves to just be an assistant again.

In trying to get used to the idea of Hinkley i come back to the old adage of if you needed brain surgery would you rather the surgeon who has done the operation 100 times, made some mistakes and botched a few but learned from it and now has an above average record of success or the rookie surgeon who will be doing the operation for the first time and has no failures on his record (yet)?

Not a fantastic analogy. In one profession it would be suitable for someone to come in fresh and inexperienced with some creative new ideas which may or may not pay off, and in the other one it absolutely would not.

Bottom ten Ken, has padded his 60% record with nearly flawless performances against titans like St Kilda, Norf and Fold Coast.

Been found wanting in every single major game save for a couple good wins in qualifying finals.

Been spanked by 10 goals in a home prelim against a travel weary injury decimated dogs.

Has an inferior win/loss record against the crows in a time where they have been a basket case.

Has a ratshit game plan involving a high press, machine gun F50 entry's with no clear plan.

Hinkley comes anywhere near WA you'll never hear from me again.
My brother, you speak my language

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has great relationships with his players, not many leave.

Would need a great strategy coach to come with him. Hansen but not sure he moves to just be an assistant again.

Fine line with having too good a relationship with players, Simmo crossed it where he kept rewarding poor attitude and form. Does Hinkley do this also? Both Simmo and Ken look very similar types of coaches.

Not a fantastic analogy. In one profession it would be suitable for someone to come in fresh and inexperienced with some creative new ideas which may or may not pay off, and in the other one it absolutely would not.
Do you think in our situation with a playing list that is comfortable with mediocrity and half efforts and needs major changes made to it's collective psychology and is also bereft of talent, with a local media that is apt to be highly critical of the coach of the club, with inexperienced or extremely poorly performed people heading other departments (i.e. Shuey and Bell) that we would benefit from adding more inexperience to that mix? I think we are better off not adding more inexperience, no matter how "fresh" it is if we have a choice in the matter.

We don't need to worry anyway because Josh Carr is applying, according to you. Have you hear how his application is progressing?

Do you think in our situation with a playing list that is comfortable with mediocrity and half efforts and needs major changes made to it's collective psychology and is also bereft of talent, with a local media that is apt to be highly critical of the coach of the club, with inexperienced or extremely poorly performed people heading other departments (i.e. Shuey and Bell) that we would benefit from adding more inexperience to that mix? I think we are better off not adding more inexperience, no matter how "fresh" it is if we have a choice in the matter.

We don't need to worry anyway because Josh Carr is applying, according to you. Have you hear how his application is progressing?

Can you point to where I said he’s applying?

Go on.

In the meantime I’ll try to make sense of your first sentence. Not sure either of us will accomplish our tasks.

This is fast becoming my favourite thread

Don't particularly want Hinkley but if he's assessed as the best candidate I can see the merit. Definitely not a toys out of the cot situation

And for the life of me I cannot understand how some are perfectly fine with Buckley but shit the bed at the thought of Hinkley

This is fast becoming my favourite thread

Don't particularly want Hinkley but if he's assessed as the best candidate I can see the merit. Definitely not a toys out of the cot situation

And for the life of me I cannot understand how some are perfectly fine with Buckley but shit the bed at the thought of Hinkley
Because Buckley's at least made a grand final, something Hinkley is completely incapable of.

But it's OK because Josh Carr is going to be applying for the job any minute now according to you so let us know when that happens. Or when you have accepted that it is not going to happen and you are wrong. Again.

Didn’t say that. Didn’t say anything remotely approaching that. Maybe you just “assumed” I did?

Can you point to where I said he’s applying?

Go on.

Just recording this for ease of access for next time you try to verbal me again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back