• Lade

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are probably 4 or 5 years away from having our list built for finals, so the idea is that Shuey (if he has the desire and skill to be a senior coach, which you will find out in that 4-5 year period under Ken) will take the mantle once the list build is complete.
Shuey - our storage coach - failure. Tell the Hawks we are 4-5 years away! Just draft and recruit way smarter that we have. Such as, who is the genius that thought Ginbey is an A Grade Mid?

Shuey - our storage coach - failure. Tell the Hawks we are 4-5 years away! Just draft and recruit way smarter that we have. Such as, who is the genius that thought Ginbey is an A Grade Mid?
No the split pick Hewitt who was touted as the best WA mid and Gibney who has a good athletic profile and leadership potential may still be a good draft. The Chesser one when West Coast had such a thin midfield and needed a safe draft selection was horrendous. I hope Chesser comes good however I've watched a lot of footy and I don't see it.

Schofield adamant King is WCE's next coach. Reckons they found out Monday.

Also said Darling to North is a done deal, 2 year contract.

We'll see...

He might be the favourite for the job but there’s no way an actual decision has been made.

Duffield identified 6 of the 8 names on the shortlist in his article on Monday, 2/9. In that article were the following points :

• They’d cut their list of people of interest to 8 which would be pruned to 4 within weeks
• Wanted a coach in place by the end of September but that was dependent on finals results and which candidates remained involved as finals progressed
• King had spoken with West Coast following the Geelong game
• Several candidates wanted to see out their current coaching commitments as their immediate priority

So as of Monday (per Duffield) we didn’t have a final short list and some candidates wanted to wait until finals were over before going through the process that wasn’t expected to be concluded until the end of September

But Will says they found out Monday which would mean a decision was made before concluding the process of even doing a short list or talking to people of interest

I’m backing what Duffield says in a properly researched article over Schofield’s throwaway comments that often change the wind

No the split pick Hewitt who was touted as the best WA mid and Gibney who has a good athletic profile and leadership potential may still be a good draft. The Chesser one when West Coast had such a thin midfield and needed a safe draft selection was horrendous. I hope Chesser comes good however I've watched a lot of footy and I don't see it.
the split pick!! so absolutely dumb. Athletic profile but a slow thinking footballer with average skills at best. Hewitt - best in the glue factory?? Chesser is now very unlikely to come good.
Its a competition, we have to be better then positions not have nice profiles. Its also a national comp - touted best in WA isn't a big sell.

Last edited:
We are probably 4 or 5 years away from having our list built for finals, so the idea is that Shuey (if he has the desire and skill to be a senior coach, which you will find out in that 4-5 year period under Ken) will take the mantle once the list build is complete.

oQqVNN.gif

Love Boots the player but his leadership stint and coaching to date has not shown anything that inspires confidence.

He's miles of development away from senior coaching roles IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the split pick!! so absolutely dumb. Athletic profile but a slow thinking footballer with average skills at best. Hewitt - best in the glue factory?? Chesser is now very unlikely to tome good.
Its a competition, we have to be better then positions not have nice profiles. Its also a national comp - touted best in WA isn't a big sell.
Hewitt before getting injured was considered by many as a top three pick, surely your not writing him off just yet?

Gibney has hardly been a bust.

Time will tell if the decision to split the pick that year was a good decision or not.

Looking forward to Schofields pressers when he’s in the job full time. No more of this “I’m just thankful for the opportunity / hashtag blessed rubbish”. Just campaignery answers to dumb campaignery questions. It’s gonna be yummy

Hewitt before getting injured was considered by many as a top three pick, surely your not writing him off just yet?

Gibney has hardly been a bust.

Time will tell if the decision to split the pick that year was a good decision or not.
Hell no (we can hope) - but many often means WA inbred media and others. He may be brilliant and he may get well. But the many didn't think the Bombers gun was any good even when training with us, and the SD reserves player walks into the Cats team, etc, etc.

Not that I am cynical but many close to WC would walk past a Farmer/Cable combo. Wouldn't have the right athletic profile or something.

Hell no (we can hope) - but many often means WA inbred media and others. He may be brilliant and he may get well. But the many didn't think the Bombers gun was any good even when training with us, and the SD reserves player walks into the Cats team, etc, etc.

Not that I am cynical but many close to WC would walk past a Farmer/Cable combo. Wouldn't have the right athletic profile or something.
I still think the split pick was a good decision. Having said that I think the drafting got to cute and the the team took their eye off the ball in regards to age profile management.

There is a new list manager now and a new coach is coming so we will see what happens now.

It’s not just our talent identification that’s the issue, but also our lack of player development. I can’t remember the last time we had a late draft pick be developed by our club into a decent player. We seem to do the complete opposite of what we should be doing with players - for example, we take a guy like Brayden Ainsworth who was an inside ball winning player at junior level and we put him on a wing. He has the worst kicking skills in the competition. Why would you put him on the outside where you need good skills when he doesn’t have good foot skills? It makes no sense. 😀

Mark Stone appointed head coach for Perth which rules him out of any involvement at West Coast unfortunately

Would have really liked him on board in some capacity

Interesting to see Matt Clarke of the Adelaide variety at the AFLW game today. Hardly incognito in full Adelaide kit. Dropped in for an interview while in Perth ;).

Mark Stone appointed head coach for Perth which rules him out of any involvement at West Coast unfortunately

Would have really liked him on board in some capacity

If we could align with the Demons sooner rather than later then we could benefit from his experience.

If we could align with the Demons sooner rather than later then we could benefit from his experience.

It’s not going to happen, Perth changed their constitution just a few years back that it cannot happen.
Unfortunately for the Eagles their dictatorship type of working together has meant no club wants to go near them. But I agree it would be the best thing. Perth obviously do t think so .

It’s not going to happen, Perth changed their constitution just a few years back that it cannot happen.
Unfortunately for the Eagles their dictatorship type of working together has meant no club wants to go near them. But I agree it would be the best thing. Perth obviously do t think so .

I'm not giving up.

I don’t think the guy that’s shown no leadership in the past should be anywhere near the coaches box let alone the coach

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1799.jpeg

Yep, can’t step up and can’t hold his nerve this bloke, not like a leader would.

Calls for a head coach apprenticeship are well premature, but let’s be serious here about who Luke Shuey is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back