Coach of Richmond - who is your choice

Remove this Banner Ad

I could only tolerate choco leaving if hardwick is his replacement.

Honestly, who would want to coach the basket case that we know as Richmond? Their list is the worst in the competition, with 1/3 set to retire or be retired at the end of 2009. The culture at the club is the worst. You'd only do it for the $$$, just as Wallace did.
^You realise that big footy voted richmond as having the third best midfield in the AFL (with carlton) immediately prior to round 1 this year.

lmao

couldn't understand it at the time, find it laughable now

I challenge anyone who voted this way and wasn't a richmond supporter to show some balls and explain yourself on this.

I could only tolerate choco leaving if hardwick is his replacement.

^You realise that big footy voted richmond as having the third best midfield in the AFL (with carlton) immediately prior to round 1 this year.

lmao

couldn't understand it at the time, find it laughable now

I challenge anyone who voted this way and wasn't a richmond supporter to show some balls and explain yourself on this.

Too bad Hardwick will hopefully be going to Richmond to build this list up the way it should be get rid of Brown, Simmonds, Bowden, Johnson, Cousins since they aren't important to this team any more. Let Richo retire on his own terms. Then bring in a game plan that actually makes sense and can work.

Our midfield isn't really that bad when you look at it Deledio, Foley, Cotchin, Jackson, White, Collins etc. Its just that our backline players can't make good decisons or kick the ball so that is letting us down. Not the midfields fault at all. But our midfield is not top 3 in the comp at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wallace will have Richmond win 11 of its last 15 matches and as a result Wallace will be signed up again just not sure for how long!!!!

Hardwick would be great for Richmond but Port may be after him too, so if the Tigers miss out lets hope they don't hire Campbell and go with either Choco or Mick or a good assistant like Longmire or Hinkley.

Collingwood can't afford to let Buckley coach anywhere else and will snaffle him up the second they announce Mick is gone (if not before).

Port would have to be after Hardwick or perhaps an SANFL coach to step up.

Wallace

Some things you can blame the coach, other things you can't like the effort of the players. I think if you are waiting for a change of coach so the players can bust their arse week in and week out then you are dreaming.

I think Richmond will come good because they have in the last few years started to recruit good quality kids, not just with early picks but some of the later ones are pretty good as well. If you can recruit well over a sustained period it gives you a lot more talent depth and takes the load off the main contributors.

Another coach coming in will just benefit from the long-term work Wallace has put in. They just need to get rid of the old establishment which has "gone slow" and "gone missing" when it matters. Wallace's only real mistake was not dismantling the boys club when he first got in.

Wallace

Some things you can blame the coach, other things you can't like the effort of the players. I think if you are waiting for a change of coach so the players can bust their arse week in and week out then you are dreaming.

I think Richmond will come good because they have in the last few years started to recruit good quality kids, not just with early picks but some of the later ones are pretty good as well. If you can recruit well over a sustained period it gives you a lot more talent depth and takes the load off the main contributors.

Another coach coming in will just benefit from the long-term work Wallace has put in. They just need to get rid of the old establishment which has "gone slow" and "gone missing" when it matters. Wallace's only real mistake was not dismantling the boys club when he first got in.

I don't think "busting their arse" is the problem with Richmond's squad at the moment, its their complete lack of confidence and failure to take the game on. Players that we know have great ability are playing scared.

200 possessions to get one goal on the weekend, I blame Terry.

I don't think "busting their arse" is the problem with Richmond's squad at the moment, its their complete lack of confidence and failure to take the game on. Players that we know have great ability are playing scared.

200 possessions to get one goal on the weekend, I blame Terry.

Agreed. Plough has not developed the talent he has drafted. He pigeon holes players. How often have you seen Reiwolt down back, to learn the game. Last week was a perfect opportunity - Caned by JMac so put him on Brown to find out how to play CHF. Give McGuane a run up forward and let him enjoy his footy for a short time. Always turns to his geriatrrics instead of having faith in his youth - where was Morton? Not a fan.

New coach - John Buchanan (at least they will be computer literate)

seriously - Damien Hardwick. Time for a new broom, not a recycled coach. The game has changed too much. Apart from Richo pensions for all over 29. Bite the bullet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach of Richmond - who is your choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back