Coach Coaching 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice one. Coming from a great system. Should be a good addition.

Are we still short of a line assistant? Or are we restructuring from within to move one of the development blokes to a line role and just hiring the new head of development?

Are we still short of a line assistant? Or are we restructuring from within to move one of the development blokes to a line role and just hiring the new head of development?

This is what I’m finding confusing about what I’ve read the way we were talking was like we are only looking for one assistant ...

Even the article announcing Enright just says ‘the saints are also looking for a head of development in a restructured coaching department ‘

No mention of needing one more assistant so I kind of take that as one of mcglynn or Batchelor will be promoted ???

Yeah it was a little confusing trying to understand what was happening there.

We are definitely looking for a head development coach, I don't know if that means McGlynn is moving to another role or the new guy will be helping him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are definitely looking for a head development coach, I don't know if that means McGlynn is moving to another role or the new guy will be helping him.
Re-read a few of the recent articles, as well as one about Dunstan during the year that mentioned him as working with the midfield. I didn't realise McGlynn was doing some kind of development/assistant role this year. Seems like his role will be purely an assistant I reckon. Would've preferred another external set of fresh eyes.

Ratts was also quoted as saying we had 4 line coaches and are restructuring... are potentially rath or rough going to be counted as a line coach now ??
Not sure what they are doing. Seems to be a mixed message over the seasons. Want Voss or Harvey not B graders. Surround the players with top coaching talent and that takes away their excuses. Get fit , stay fit, Learn and develop, win matches, win finals............

Maybe Robbo staying around?

He was coaching at Sandy and doing some development work this year and there hasn't been anything said about him leaving.

Have absolutely nothing against Corey Enright, a great backman for the premiership Cats, but why such a big wrap? How do we know he is any good as a line coach?

Not a critisism at all, I have absolutely no idea, but what makes everyone so excited. Ratts from a premiership team and assistant at a premiership team, Roughy from a premiership team, Rath from a premiership club, Saints, out of the finals.

Not really related to our coaching panel, but hope Harves doesn't take the Carlton job. May be his shot at a headcoach, but will be hard to see him going thru the rough end of the Blues coaching merry-go-round
If Harves didn't get the Collingwood job , he probably will only ever get temp jobs

Not really related to our coaching panel, but hope Harves doesn't take the Carlton job. May be his shot at a headcoach, but will be hard to see him going thru the rough end of the Blues coaching merry-go-round
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think now is the best time to take over the Carlton gig.
They will be big improvers next year imo.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think now is the best time to take over the Carlton gig.

Yeah as far as first coaching gigs go, Carlton's is a pretty good option really. Unless you're a proven gun senior coach, you aren't taking over teams that are the finished product. Carlton are in the mix with a bunch of teams that are hoping to make the jump into the eight. They've got three genuinely elite players in Walsh, McKay and Weitering. Cripps too if he can get back to his best. Teams with that core of high end production can become finals teams if they put it together. Not saying they're going to make the jump into the eight, but I'd rather take over that list than a team like Collingwood.

How many coaches are out there that aren’t “on training wheels” though?
Coaches that haven’t already said they were t interested. Because I’m sure Carlton said they wanted experience?
Voss.

( Nek minit Clarko changes his mind 🙄)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coaching 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back