Cogs injured AGAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

lids2004roar

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
3rd hammy this year :mad:

Since Cogs had 2 recos at least one of them would have taken part of his hammy to use in his knee, does anyone know if he will be straining it all the time for the rest of his career or does it adapt and stabilise? Seems like a pretty thin thread atm.

I feel bad for the bloke, he is still young so I haven't given up hope, and he has the Nathan Foley type of determination to enable him to endure a rocky road back but there is only so much you can take.

Must be considering retirement and if he is DON'T DO IT! By next year your body will be super fit and luck isn't going to be against you forever!

I remember 3-4 years ago Richo kept getting hammies and we all thought he was getting a bit old...

They were saying on SEN earlier today that a lot of players have soft tissue injuries when coming back from major ops or time out from playing. I've got no doubt he'll get sorted out. Don't expect too much from him till he gets a good full year of footy under his belt though. It's going to take a while for all the pistons to start firing.

3rd hammy this year :mad:

Since Cogs had 2 recos at least one of them would have taken part of his hammy to use in his knee, does anyone know if he will be straining it all the time for the rest of his career or does it adapt and stabilise? Seems like a pretty thin thread atm.

I feel bad for the bloke, he is still young so I haven't given up hope, and he has the Nathan Foley type of determination to enable him to endure a rocky road back but there is only so much you can take.

Must be considering retirement and if he is DON'T DO IT! By next year your body will be super fit and luck isn't going to be against you forever!

I remember 3-4 years ago Richo kept getting hammies and we all thought he was getting a bit old...

He would be 26-27 years old by now wouldn't he? Not that young. Good luck to him though.

Big Gumby has finally got someone to match him as the most consecutive injuries without playing a game. Poor Cogs, starting to doubt it but it'd be great to see him get back to the form that promised he'd be a gun a few years back.

I didnt even realise he was still in the system. Hope he gets his body right cos he looked like a good player a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to say it, but I reckon the bloke will probably retire at season's end.
We have to consider his quality of life after football, and seriously, his body no longer can take the strain of AFL football ..

It's a real pity, but you wouldn't want any more injuries to affect his life post-footy, and IE any future chance of income...

I could be wrong (hope I am) and he finally recovers from his horrific run of injuries, but his no 1 priority has to get his health back on track, and footy has to really be put on the backburner.

They do use a bit of your hammy when reconstructing your knee, and many people say that the hammy hurts more than the knee does.

Unbelievably unlucky. Hope to see him out there soon.

I myself have had 2 knee reco's on the same knee.

I had my first training hit out after the 2nd a few weeks back and did a back related strain due to hammy tightness.

In the first reco they used a hamstring as the replacement ACL, this is the quickest and easiest procedure for the reco, so most times it will always be used 1st time.

Although the knee is strong enough to continue your life, the hamstring reco isn't always the strongest.

If you require a 2nd reco, they can't take part of the hamstring from the same hamstring that was used before as the 1st would have caused trauma on the muscle, so the next alternative is the patella tendon or a ACL graft from a previous deceased person.

I took the patella tendon option as they say this is the golden operation for ACL repair, its stronger than anything else, the only down side is knee stiffness as the patella repairs itself by scaring over.

With Cogs having back to back reco's his hamstrings must be really tight, it doesn't matter how much rehab you do, once you start playing a match pace it a different story.

Good luck to him, he was a gun!!

Cogs really could have been a top 10 player in this league - appears to be a top notch bloke too.
yep, that season as a 20-21 year old, 03 or something...he just stacked up the hard ball gets and quality disposal, at the elite level, and hed only played 20 odd games before that season!

if he had a decent injury run, he would have been one of the best in the comp, i have no doubt

yep, that season as a 20-21 year old, 03 or something...he just stacked up the hard ball gets and quality disposal, at the elite level, and hed only played 20 odd games before that season!

if he had a decent injury run, he would have been one of the best in the comp, i have no doubt

At the time he was talked about in the same league of young midfielders as Chris Judd.

I have no doubt he would have been as good as Bartel who is a similar type of player.

Sad news. On a positive front, trade him to Sydney for a draft pick. Tigers can have a crack at another player and Sydney can get some sort of voodoo type in and cure him and he’ll end up a star

Remove this Banner Ad

Cogs injured AGAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back