List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Bondy and fellow cobblers spent the last few weeks in Melbourne during the trade period and ended up with nothing to show for their time spent there I am looking forward to seeing Hannath, Taberner, Apeness and Morabito getting more game time and staying injury free. Another pre-season for Sylvia should see him playing more to his abilities, really last year he couldn't take a trick he came into the club lacking fitness, copped niggling injuries and his confidence would have copped a hammering when he finally got a run in the 22 when he probably wasn't at his best.
Hopefully the draft will be a good one and we can snag a few good kids

If Colin Sylvia presented to the club in n a unfit condition, then that is no-one but Sylvia's fault.
It is up to the players to keep a relative decent training regime over the off season. No sympathy from me whatsoever, and I fully expect him to be fit going into 2015.

I honestly think he was limited before Pre-season and carried something in.. I am guessing it was OP... that would explain the laps ONLY and not joining in on most of the other drills..

He will be in the mix this season but if he gets games over Crozier and Duffy I'd be disappointed if it's a line call on pre season form as these young guys need to develop and are at that age to really show what they have got.

He will be in the mix this season but if he gets games over Crozier and Duffy I'd be disappointed if it's a line call on pre season form as these young guys need to develop and are at that age to really show what they have got.

Makes for interesting team politics doesn't it. The young guys needing opportunities and coming out of contract at year end. The older player who is here to play finals, expecting selection.

I honestly think he was limited before Pre-season and carried something in.. I am guessing it was OP... that would explain the laps ONLY and not joining in on most of the other drills..

Possibly, although I don't recall any statements from the club about OP.

Possibly, although I don't recall any statements from the club about OP.

For some reason it's one of those things that clubs/players don't like to talk about.

Having said that, I'm not so sure myself. RTB and others said he was carrying injury most of the year, but didn't note it as an excuse early in the piece.

I was informed last week that he carried an ankle problem for which he has already had surgery on. Apparently he may have carried it most of last year at Melbourne, but I would like to think our medics were onto it, hence his slow start to pre-season with us.

He had a slow start to pre season and also injured himself pre season during a drill to his quad. He then injured himself during a game for Peel.

I'd say all that compounded with a new game plan and a club with higher expectations on professionalism didn't help.

I haven't written him off just yet but would expect him to be fit and 100% committed for this season.

I reckon we will know enough about Colin Sylvia by the time the players go on their Christmas break.
My money is on Sylvia showing up in excellent physical condition to the preseason, and that he shows a training attitude that gets the positive attention of his team mates. As long as there are no injury setbacks, he could become an asset to our side next year.
Or the same Sylvia as last year turns up, and his career comes to a premature end. I think Colin should be able to see the writing on the wall and avoid this happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back