Collingwood 2010 - Fact vs Opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See? Again, someone has failed to comprehend the difference between fact and opinion. What you've just stated is your opinion, not fact. Epic fail, my friend. This is my point.

Fact: Collingwood has lost two last year's two Grand Finalists this year.

Opinion: They've gone to water against them.

See how it works? That 'opinion' isn't mine, but it was contributed as 'fact' earlier. It is an opinion. Geez, I didn't realise we had so many uneducated people on this site. I'm shocked because I'm only 22 and I know the difference.

Fact: Plenty of people have posted legitimate facts and stats in this thread that you have ignored because you can't handle any negatives about your precious team.

The rest are clearly just making fun of you. Stop being a sook

Fact: Plenty of people have posted legitimate facts and stats in this thread that you have ignored because you can't handle any negatives about your precious team.

Like what? Back up your opinion with facts ;)

Geez, not one person has actually contributed a fact outside of the OP. You're all expressing your own personal opinions.

In all seriousness, I am happy to discuss this with anyone, if they're willing to be mature about it and provide facts to counter-act the OP.

So far, a whole lot of trolls, and no substance have been the majority of replies, so I'm still happy. Cheers.

the "fact" of you being equal first on the ladder is in fact! false. If you look at the percentage teams can be knocked out of the 8 on percentage FACT! if the HR Mclelland trophy was given right near, all things being equal Geelong would win it not Collingwood. FACT!. Admit this was a failed thread and leave it at that

Fact: Collingwood choke under pressure and their so called key players don't step up, especially in finals.

^^^^

maybe so, but another fact is that COLL has the fifth oldest list in the comp this year.

Thats interesting, I actually never realised that. Cool fact :thumbsu:

the "fact" of you being equal first on the ladder is in fact! false. If you look at the percentage teams can be knocked out of the 8 on percentage FACT! if the HR Mclelland trophy was given right near, all things being equal Geelong would win it not Collingwood. FACT!. Admit this was a failed thread and leave it at that

Wow, its a failed thread because of that one simple line? Interesting. I've fixed it up, so clearly you're an idiot.

Fact: Collingwood choke under pressure and their so called key players don't step up, especially in finals.

And so are you. Where do you not understand the friggen difference between fact and opinion you idiot. How about bloody paying some attention!

Fact: Ben Cousins had a drug problem whilst at West Coast.

Opinion: Ben Cousins MIGHT be on drugs at Richmond.

How bloody hard is it for you idiots to comprehend the difference between the two?

Wow, its a failed thread because of that one simple line? Interesting. I've fixed it up, so clearly you're an idiot.
It is a failed thread because you have stated that you are the only one making facts yet others are making personal opinion even though you clearly made an opinion judgement in the OP, HENCE fail thread. Any more questions?

I have nothing against collingwood, I just have something against arrogant supporters like you who think that what you think is the truth. But it isn't. A fair few other Collingwood supporters have criticised this thread for what a joke it is. And that is FACT

Will Collingwood do well this season? who knows. In 2005 I think it was, in round 15 melbourne was 1st at the 15th round. We ended up 5th or 6th and got knocked out first week of the finals. Fact Ladder positions now dont necessarily translate to finals appearances later on in the season.

Also you aren't comfortably in the 4 at the moment. That is fact, you are in the top 4, another fact but not comfortably. In the AFL you can never be comfortable in the top 4 (even then you wouldn't be comfortable) until the end of round 22.

Most of your "facts" are in fact personal opinion, including the one that you changed.

You got beaten by the best side in the competition in round 9, is that meant to be a good thing? Well good for you.

And so are you. Where do you not understand the friggen difference between fact and opinion you idiot. How about bloody paying some attention!

Fact: Ben Cousins had a drug problem whilst at West Coast.

Opinion: Ben Cousins MIGHT be on drugs at Richmond.

How bloody hard is it for you idiots to comprehend the difference between the two?

bad example: everyone knows the cuz still loves the drugs...

:cool:you both suck.

We have both premierships and runs on the board.

Just letting you know that it is there and scary too. Heath Shaw better not be a part of this, or Josh climbamountain. Just letting you know.;)

:rolleyes:

Yes, dead serious. They may have not played their best all night but that might have something to do with opposition, which wasn't bad until 20 minutes into the third, which is when Geelong showed us their best. But if you tell me that Geelong can get any better than their form over the last few weeks and I'll tell you you're dreaming.

:)

If you think Geelong were at their best Friday night, then you're the one who is dreaming pal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't encourage them they'll only come and beat ya.. yeah yah grow another couple of goonies. It's time to press down hard and make them cry. I know you don't want to hear from me but I have some good advice if you care to hear but no. Don't ask me. It's not for you. or you or you or buckshot in the prairies.

Fact Mick Malthouse made Massive Game plan Blunder to Defensive.
Opinion I rate collingwood a huge chance for finals success but they have to take good teams on.

I agree with every word of this. MM changes the game plan completely in these games. Attacking football turns into counteractive football. Our forward line isn't good enough to play like this - we need to take teams on to give our forwards a chance. The only teams to have beaten Geelong have done this. MM likes the chess match a bit too much when coaching a genuinely talented list like ours.

FACT - Collingwood won the clearances AND the contested possessions against both St Kilda and Geelong this year but were still structured like a team scared to take on the opposition 1 on 1. Stupidity.

Actually, it is fact. Collingwood average about 80 points less a game in their two losses to last year's grand finalists than they have in their 7 wins.

If that's not the definition of 'flat track bullies' I don't know what is.

Here's another fact too. In the last 4 games against Geelong, Collingwood have been kept goalless in a quarter.

In the 2009 NAB Cup final and the Round 3 game last year, Collingwood didn't score a goal in the 2nd term. In the preliminary final and last night, they didn't score a goal in the last term. Just goes to show they can play well against Geelong in patches, but when Geelong up the ante, Collingwood can't go with them.

That looks pretty much like a nailed on fact to me.

Fact: After 10 years, Mick Malthouse still has no Plan B when Plan A fails.

Fact: Geelong kicked just as many behinds as Collingwood on Friday, but MM persists WE wasted opportunities. Lol. 36 point margin flattered us.

Fact: We're still a LONG way off the best side in the comp.

they say we have won 14 but in reality its only 10 because of the challenge system and they won alot of their premiership while most other teams had most players in the war

14, 10 argue the point if you want

there's certainly no disputing the saints tally though. is it 1. or is it 1??

maybe you can ague the toss on wooden spoons? is it 26? or maybe it should only be 23 cos the saints had a bad run with injuries in a few of those years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back