Collingwood 2010 - Fact vs Opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they say we have won 14 but in reality its only 10 because of the challenge system and they won alot of their premiership while most other teams had most players in the war

Not very bright are you. Collingwood won only one Premiership in war years and being a working class suburb had many soldiers at war. Actually war years were some of their worst. Learn your history you insipid little St Kilda barracker.

they say we have won 14 but in reality its only 10 because of the challenge system and they won alot of their premiership while most other teams had most players in the war

I also suggest that yo check how many flags the pies won by challenging. Stop telling lies and making up facts. No wonder your club is so insignificant.

Congrats on the May Premiers Cup ;)

Ah yes, the "May Premiers Cup", also known as the "March Premiers Cup" and "April Premiers Cup", a term of endearment reserved for one AFL team that traditionally plays like premiers in the early months of a season, but enjoys no success in September - Collingwood.

FACT: What a ridiculous thread.

There is only one fact i can see. We tested our game plan against the best team ever and came up short. We still have some work to do. But comparitive to where Geelong were early days we have plenty of upside.

Until we get it done when it matters, there is no point posting such rubbish.

Fact: collingwood are flat track bullies...have been shown up by last years grand finalists
Fact: in the last half of the 2 games they lost they have kicked a combined total of 2 goals in 4 quarters

fact: st kilda's premiership window has closed, collingwoods is just opening.
fact: nobody likes or dislikes st kilda, they just dont care. :(
fact: st kilda bravely lost last years gf and wont get near it for at least another 15years :D

fact: st kilda's premiership window has closed, collingwoods is just opening.
fact: nobody likes or dislikes st kilda, they just dont care. :(
fact: st kilda bravely lost last years gf and wont get near it for at least another 15years :D

Non of that is fact, that is all opinion

Fact- Geelongs win boosted their percentage.

I like this game:)

This is fact.

The most relevant fact:
The flag is Geelong's to lose. All things being equal there are no other contenders.

Fact - Collingwoods depth doesn't run as deep as reported, especially in the small forward division.

The most relevant fact:
The flag is Geelong's to lose. All things being equal there are no other contenders.

Again, this is not fact, this is opinion.

I'm not saying this to talk down the Cats, I'm just replying regarding the statement.

Fact - Collingwoods depth doesn't run as deep as reported, especially in the small forward division.

Very strong opinion which is almost fact - There are A LOT of ignorant BF users that can't distinguish between fact and opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very strong opinion which is almost fact - There are A LOT of ignorant BF users that can't distinguish between fact and opinion.

Discussed it on here Friday night with a more honest Collingwood supporter than yourself, I realise Brad Dick has an injury, but try and deny that Leon Davis isn't playing like someone that realises he has nobody breathing down his neck for his spot?

I maintain that having names in the VFL that people recognise, doesn't always equate to depth, some have been dropped for good reason.

Nothing to be overly offended about anyway, he wouldn't be the first player to benefit from a bit of competition.

Discussed it on here Friday night with a more honest Collingwood supporter than yourself, I realise Brad Dick has an injury, but try and deny that Leon Davis isn't playing like someone that realises he has nobody breathing down his neck for his spot?

I maintain that having names in the VFL that people recognise, doesn't always equate to depth, some have been dropped for good reason.

Nothing to be overly offended about anyway, he wouldn't be the first player to benefit from a bit of competition.

Dicky played his first game back in the VFL last week and was so-so - I think he's at least a week or so away from being AFL-ready. Medhurst will be ready to go next week so if anyone's to come in for Davis IMO it's him.

Again, this is not fact, this is opinion.

I'm not saying this to talk down the Cats, I'm just replying regarding the statement.
It's opinion and fact. Cats are the best side in the comp by a margin and the margin is more than 6 goals (the last bit is pure opinion).

Fact - Collingwood still sits second on the ladder, and comfortably in the top 4.

Fact - Collingwood is still the 2nd favourites for the flag.

Fact - Collingwood was beaten by the best side in the AFL in Round 9.

Fact - Collingwood kept Geelong under 100 points for only the 2nd time this year. (Carlton was the first in their victory over the Cats)

Anyone else care to share facts? Or just your own personal opinion?

Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art.
- Charles McCabe

but here's a FACT: the pies have been easily held by both last years grand finalist - both well under strength.

here's another - two seperate facts don't necessarily add up to the outcome you'd like.

and here's an opinion - hope is all we have to sustain us - supporters of two clubs who have only one premiership each in the last 50 years.
...but i reckon we're a bit closer than you to the second!

Bookmarked.

If we're gone - how do you excuse losing to us, 2 men down.
I don't. But that's not the definition of a good team (being able to beat Collingwood). The definition of a good team would be a team that wins regularly enough see them make the top 4, across a full season. Last year, St Kilda were clearly in that bracket. This year, they're not. Just because you beat Collingwood doesn't make you the second best team in the league. That's a very circular argument. eg, Collingwood Beat Carlton, so Collingwood are better than Carlton. Carlton beat Geelong, but Geelong beat Collingwood. By your logic, all three of these teams are the best, and at the same time, none of them are.

For more than a month, the saints have been struggling to maintain ladder position, and will continue to do so every time they play a half decent team, at least until Riewoldt comes back. And even then, it's unlikely he'll be performing at his best for quite some time. You'll probably stay in the 8, but wont make the 4, which means you won't be one of our best 2 opponents. In fact, you'll probably get beaten by us next time if you continue to play the way you have for the last month.

Fact: Collingwood this year, as usual have an easy draw when it comes to travel amounts/break times.
That's not a fact at all. I don't think it takes a genius to work out that Collingwood would have more chance of winning if they played either WCE or the crows at home (their home), than St Kilda or Geelong. That statement was certainly true when the draw was draw up. They have a very impressive record on the road. Haven't lost a game on the road since 2008. Haven't beaten Geelong or St Kilda since then either. Yet they only get 4 of these easy (interstate) games, and 4 against last year's grand finalists. How many other clubs play both Geelong and St Kilda twice this year?

I'd much rather play 6 games interstate and only play Geelong and St Kilda once each. But if that were the case, I'm sure people would be saying we had an easy draw as a result. Hell, I'd be happy to play some more of the bottom teams twice. Of the teams currently in the bottom 4, we play one of them twice. Of the 5 other teams in the top 6, we play 4 of them twice. If that's an easy draw, I'll eat my hat. :rolleyes:

In the cold light of day, while we're still not up with Geelong, we're only second on percentage because Geelong got to play Richmond at Kardinia at the start of the year when percentage is easy to gain.

We play them in Round 17 when a 100 point win MIGHT net you 5-8%.

Take away the Richmond win, and turn it into a 20 point win, and Collingwood would still actually be first.

That's the beauty of only being Round 9 and being a game clear in first coming into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back