Collingwood 4 in a row

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerKop

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How do Collingwood think that 4 in a row in the 1920's even compares to what Brisbane have done. Comparing Colligwood's 4 in a row, in what was a suburban football comp, compared to Brisbane in the AFL is an absolute joke. Typical Collingwood living in the past. Look what some of their fans thought should be on the Collingwood banner v Brisbane next year (Nics Collingwood board) Are they 4 real

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=19767&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

THOUGHT WE'D REMIND YOU
ONLY TEAM TO WIN 4 PREMIERSHIPS IN A ROW
MAYBE NEXT TIME

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye
Brisbane goodbye!

Or

4 in a row?
We told you they
were dreaming

Whether your the Bears, Lions or Fitzroy

As an AFL sponsored team with all your dough

One thing you will always remember

Only great teams - WIN 4 IN A ROW

Premierships can be brought
for $200,000 per year
too bad you weren't subsidied enough dough
to make it four in a row...

What a sad sight to see,
The lions only winning three,
You tried at four and wished you could,
Sorry folks, that record stays with Collingwood!

The Lions Were Tryin'
And Boy They Came Close
But At The End Of The Day
We Still Have The Most
1927-1930

Hey Lions
There's an 'F' in Finals
There's an 'F' in Flags
There's an 'F' in Four in a Row

BUT NOW THERE'S NO 'F' IN CHANCE !!!!!!!

DIAL A DRUG CHEAT 0 0 0

LIONS GOT LYNCHED

27-28-29-30....
And who said
Collingwood supporters
couldn't count!?!

PowerKop said:
How do Collingwood think that 4 in a row in the 1920's even compares to what Brisbane have done. Comparing Colligwood's 4 in a row, in what was a suburban football comp, compared to Brisbane in the AFL is an absolute joke. Typical Collingwood living in the past. Look what some of their fans thought should be on the Collingwood banner v Brisbane next year (Nics Collingwood board) Are they 4 real

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=19767&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

THOUGHT WE'D REMIND YOU
MAYBE NEXT TIME

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye
Brisbane goodbye!

Or

4 in a row?
We told you they
were dreaming

for $200,000 per year

What a sad sight to see,

The Lions Were Tryin'
And Boy They Came Close
We Still Have The Most
1927-1930

Hey Lions
There's an 'F' in Finals
There's an 'F' in Flags

DIAL A DRUG CHEAT 0 0 0

LIONS GOT LYNCHED

27-28-29-30....
And who said
Collingwood supporters
couldn't count!?!

Lol
That's clever :D

If you have an opportunity to rub it in, why not?
WE WOULD !!

What exactly did Collingwood contribute to Brisbane not winning 4 in a row exactly ?

IIRC their limp wristed performance on GF day handed 2 of them to the Lions on a plate.

Never send a boy to do a man's job

jabso said:
A suburbian comp? If you want to look at it that way, in 100 years time you look abck and Brisbane won 4 in a row it would be tainted as Brisbane, a city, just beat a bunch of suburban teams to win the grand final.

And also had a nice bit of help from the afl. As you see cheating the salary cap does help. aka Essedon getting away with it. Brisbane 3 times. goes to show money does buy you what you want!!!

You Missed the best one.

"3 Premierships in a row - $600,000
4 Premierships in a row - PRICELESS"

And this is also good

Sorry Lions, $600K only buys you 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Collingwood; only 4 in a row?

beenreal said:
4 in a row means nothing to me, when Port Adelaide won 6 in a row; 1954-59 in a similar "suburban competition".

Is that the same one that Len Fitzgerald dominated after being a good, ordinary VFL player?

PowerKop said:

THOUGHT WE'D REMIND YOU
MAYBE NEXT TIME

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye
Brisbane goodbye!

Or

4 in a row?
We told you they
were dreaming

for $200,000 per year

What a sad sight to see,

The Lions Were Tryin'
And Boy They Came Close
We Still Have The Most
1927-1930

Hey Lions
There's an 'F' in Finals
There's an 'F' in Flags

DIAL A DRUG CHEAT 0 0 0

LIONS GOT LYNCHED

27-28-29-30....
And who said
Collingwood supporters
couldn't count!?!

Aaaaand for the return of serve:

Collingwood:
Still wobbling for the 24th and 25th time, courtesy of the Brisbane Lions Football Club.

The standard of 1920 and now is just a joke. Brisbanes three in a row with a national draft and a salary cap is unbelievable. Brisbane don't lure players with their extra concessions, they try to retain them which was unsuccessful with their 1 draft pick in Des Headland and another top 10 pick in Shane O'Bree. Sydney chase after players with their extra money, not Brisbane. Eddie is a sore loser and so are Collingwood supporters. Just cop it, their 3 is better then your 4 wins 80 years ago.

There will always be for and against in any argument/debate.
To me 4 is better than 3 whether its present day or 70 years ago.
If I was a Collingwood supporter, thank God that I'm not, I would argue that their 4 in a row was achieved with teams coming through years of depression, players playing more for the love of the club and jumper and no-one getting anything like $300,000 dollars a year.
They had no fancy medical facilities and in club gymnasiums, no club physicians, no player managers to handle personal affairs, a head coach with 2 or 3 assisstant coaches would have been laughed at.
These blokes played the game when it was tough, day to day survival was pretty hard in those days yet they still went out and strung together a record that has stood for 74 years.
Brisbane, in all its brilliance with all the added bonus's and luxuries of modern day football mentioned above still could'nt match it.

On the issue of Ports 6 in a row, I may be mistaken but did'nt Noorwood do the same.
Great efforts but lets be serious, SANFL has always been pretty much a 2 team comp.
Ports 34 flags is a great effort but if they were'nt winning it Noorwood were.
Easy to win numerous premierships when there is 1 main opposition in most years.

Hoonose atall said:
If I was a Collingwood supporter, thank God that I'm not, I would argue that their 4 in a row was achieved with teams coming through years of depression, players playing more for the love of the club and jumper and no-one getting anything like $300,000 dollars a year.

Only one of Collingwood's four premierships coincides with the Great Depression. 1927-1929 were relatively economically good years. You could make an argument that the Pies winning three in a row was a good excuse for depression by the end of 1929; four in a row would be a certain reason for being a Great Depression.

jabso said:
A suburbian comp? If you want to look at it that way, in 100 years time you look abck and Brisbane won 4 in a row it would be tainted as Brisbane, a city, just beat a bunch of suburban teams to win the grand final.
God I hate it when people try and pull this angle. What a load of crap. There is no such thing as a 'suburban team' or 'state of origin team' in the AFL. Players are playing all over the shop regardless of where they are from and have been for a long time. Absolute cop out.

Hoonose atall said:
There will always be for and against in any argument/debate.
To me 4 is better than 3 whether its present day or 70 years ago.
They had no fancy medical facilities and in club gymnasiums, no club physicians, no player managers to handle personal affairs, a head coach with 2 or 3 assisstant coaches would have been laughed at.
These blokes played the game when it was tough, day to day survival was pretty hard in those days yet they still went out and strung together a record that has stood for 74 years.
Brisbane, in all its brilliance with all the added bonus's and luxuries of modern day football mentioned above still could'nt match it.

On the issue of Ports 6 in a row, I may be mistaken but did'nt Noorwood do the same.
Great efforts but lets be serious, SANFL has always been pretty much a 2 team comp.
Ports 34 flags is a great effort but if they were'nt winning it Noorwood were.
Easy to win numerous premierships when there is 1 main opposition in most years.

Well said and agree with nearly everything you wrote.

The only thing I don't agree with is that the SANFL hasn't been a two team dominated comp. Other teams have floated in and out. Centrals only won their first premiership 5 years ago and now have won 4. Great achievement (hate them though!!!). SANFL has been dominated by Port which is a major reason why they needed to enter in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood 4 in a row

Remove this Banner Ad

Back