Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder: Terms like “Minnowmond”, “Shrinkingwood”, “Dwindlewood” and the like belong on the bay, not the main board. Same goes for referring to either team as a minnow, when clearly neither fits that description.

If you see stuff like this, don’t respond with more of it. Click ‘report’ so we can deal with it.

We are 17th.. and got 92,000 to a Saturday twilight fixture. How many people turned up to Sidebottom's 300th game?

Come on mate they haven't even gotten 90K against the blues ever in a home and away game and you think they could even dream of getting 90K from 17th for one of their players milestones

Yes, we have.
92,935 at Waverley Park

The record attendance was 92,935 for Collingwood versus Hawthorn in 1981.

The below attendances are from respected pies posters on attendances thread.

The biggest non-public holiday crowds ever.

Rd 14 2024 = Richmond vs Hawthorn (92,311)
Rd 20 2000 = Carlton vs Essendon (91,571)
Rd 1 2018 = Richmond vs Carlton (90,151)

Pies are massive. Tiges are massive. Are they more massive than the Pies? Probably not. They’re both magnificent clubs, with phenomenal supporter bases that make going to our games really great fun.

Do you seriously think when I’m sitting at the G and there’s 80 or 90k predominantly Tiger ferals going feral as we’re taking down a meek Giants or a powerful Cats, or celebrating Cotch, Shedda, Jack or Dusty’s respective 300th, or securing our third flag in almost as many years, that I’m contemplating “oh but Collingwood might have a few more supporters”? Not a chance, it’s irrelevant.

Why set yourselves up to have your team demeaned by comparing them to other juggernauts?

Seriously, getting caught up in this rubbish would be like dwelling negatively on the fact that you’re dating Charlize Theron just because Margo Robbie exists.

Anyways love the toe and throw with pies fans they do get triggered pretty quickly :tearsofjoy:

The funny thing about it is they have an inferior complex. I know they are a big club as we are but not only for crowds but revenue also (well we are a hell of a lot richer, 44 mill in the bank to 16 mill) but its ludicrous that some of them come on here and go to great lengths to put us down not sure why as I can easily counter claim on their crowds on certain games.

We are all big clubs, pies, tigers, blues and bombers.

Heck the Blues have been in the wilderness for past 15 years with crowds but now are pulling very good crowds I wonder why 🤔 ohh that's right playing damn good football, in the 8 and pressing for a flag.

Collingwood drew 97,634 v GWS………have Richmond ever done this? no…….have Richmond ever drawn over 1.2 million yet along 1.3 million during the home and away season? Nope. Collingwood have done this on 7 occasions including the record breaking 1,384,000 last year. At the mcg this year against interstates club we have drawn

79 k v Sydney (record against a interstate club)

66 k v Port Adelaide

64 k v Adelaide

How’s Richmond tracking against interstate clubs?

Last time I checked Richmond are 9.4 million behind Collingwood in total attendances. Collingwood have more member then Richmond and are the biggest club in the AFL on social media followers.

Heck Carlton and Essendon are bigger then Richmond

But hey good turn out by the Richmond fans but not all of the 92,000 were Richmond fans probably more like 60,000 were Richmond fans.

Yeah the way you treat your ex players Treloar, Grundy your bandwagoners wouldn't turn up for any milestone. So that's a mute point. Dont include pendles 300 which was a final
Pies were ahead of the times for trading mature players that were no longer playing to their standards. You will be very appreciative that your club cashed in on Bolton in a couple of years.

Collingwood drew 97,634 v GWS………have Richmond ever done this no…….have Richmond ever drawn over 1.2 million yet along 1.3 million during the home and away season? Nope.

Last time I checked Richmond are 9.4 million behind Collingwood in total attendances. Collingwood have more member then Richmond and are the biggest club in the AFL on social media followers.

Heck Carlton and Essendon are bigger then Richmond

Right on cue what took you so long old fella.

Has blues or bombers ever outdrawn Richmond in a home and away season, the answer is no.
Have the blues or bombers ever outdrawn the pies whilst both top 4 the answer is no, Richmond has.
Richmond has more social media followers than Blues and Essendon.

Yes your highest membership tally was 106K and ours 105K

Lol we got 94K+ and you got 97K after two years of covid and gws had much more support v pies. That was confirmed by many neutral supporters on attendances thread.

Heck, your mob has never gotten 90K for a non public holiday game. We have twice in the last 6 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right on cue what took you so long old fella.

Has blues or bombers ever outdrawn Richmond in a home and away season, the answer is no.
Have the blues or bombers ever outdrawn the pies whilst both top 4 the answer is no, Richmond has.
Richmond has more social media followers than Blues and Essendon.

Yes your highest membership tally was 106K and ours 105K

Lol we got 94K+ and you got 97K after two years of covid and gws had much more support v pies. That was confirmed by many neutral supporters on attendances thread.

Heck, your mob has never gotten 90K for a non public holiday game. We have twice in the last 6 years.
Carlton and Essendon have out drawn Richmond more times then Richmond have outdrawn Carlton and Essendon. Last year Carlton and Essendon drew more fans then Richmond lol.

Out of the 97,600 at the game there were easily 95,000 Collingwood fans.

One game does not make Richmond bigger than Collingwood. Collingwood are much bigger than Richmond not only in Victoria but easily around Australia. Carlton and Essendon are most certainly bigger than Richmond interstate.

Let’s see how many Richmond fans turn up to there next home game. There will get 25-30 k of there fans turn up while Collingwood’s next home game will have 60-65k of the magpie army turn up against the bombers

Carlton and Essendon have out drawn Richmond more times then Richmond have outdrawn Carlton and Essendon. Last year Carlton and Essendon drew more fans then Richmond lol.

Out of the 97,600 at the game there were easily 95,000 Collingwood fans.

One game does not make Richmond bigger than Collingwood. Collingwood are much bigger than Richmond not only in Victoria but easily around Australia. Carlton and Essendon are most certainly bigger than Richmond interstate.

Hahaha if you want to debate me you better be on your game. Richmond bottom 6, blues top 6 and played pies twice whereas we played them once and only outdrew us by 27K lol.

You know what i meant never had a higher home and away season ours is 1.194 mill and would've been 1.2 mill plus if we hadnt played swans at marvel when it was 1st v 2nd.

Lol more like 5K+ gws please listen to that game and listen to tigers v gws and tell me which game sounded much louder for gws fans.

You may be bigger than Richmond aus wide but in Vic we are just as big and proven that. I do believe we are bigger than blues and bombers. Take the hate glasses off and see that we too get huge crowds.

Let’s see how many Richmond fans turn up to there next home game. There will get 25-30 k of there fans turn up while Collingwood’s next home game will have 60-65k of the magpie army turn up against the bombers

You crack me up you do realise we are 17th, check some of your crowds from 2022, a prelim year

2022 V Crows 36K (G)
25K v Eagles (Marvel)
28K V Suns (G)
30K V GWS (G)

Firstly you said Richmond have always outdrawn Carlton and Essendon. You never said when they were bottom 6! Secondly around Australia Collingwood is the biggest then second Essendon and third Carlton. Richmond is 4th ahead of hawthorn who’s 5th.

In the last 2 year’s Collingwood drawfs Richmond’s crowd during there 2017 to 2020 reign.

Also in membership Collingwood are over 110 k members and will end up close to 120 k.

Not saying Richmond are not a big club they obviously are but they are not bigger than Collingwood and they never have been.

You crack me up you do realise we are 17th, check some of your crowds from 2022, a prelim year

2022 V Crows 36K (G)
25K v Eagles (Marvel)
28K V Suns (G)
30K V GWS (G)
Look at the crowds the last two years. We are averaging almost 70,000 v interstate clubs. About 15-20,000 more than Richmond’s successful period!

IMHO, Collingwood is the biggest Victorian club. Carlton, Richmond and Essendon are a rung below. Richmond supporters like to talk up their crowds the most, out of that lot.

In the attendance thread, many Richmond supporters totally disregard the Hawthorn support in yesterday's 92K crowd, undermining the Hawks bandwagon pulling power. Hawks are on a win streak, and their supporters are coming out again. Sure the Tigers had way more crowd support, but the Hawks looked well represented as well. Richmond goals were definitely louder, particularly Dustys opener, but Hawthorn goals had good crowd ovation and roar as well.

Richmond supporters are definitely more knowledgeable and genuine in my experience. Collingwood has lots of bandwagoners and those that follow because it's fashionable and trendy. Much like Man United.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We’ve gone from feral and toothless to fashionable and trendy.
Keep grasping at straws haters.
We are the people’s champions.

Look at the crowds the last two years. We are averaging almost 70,000 v interstate clubs. About 15-20,000 more than Richmond’s successful period!

Come on since covid and provisional mcc members allowed to attend more games crowds have jumped unfortunately for us we are down and pies reaping the rewards with great crowds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Back