Collingwood Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, if you haven't seen the very well organised BigFooty Phantom Draft is underway on the Draft and Trading boards - Phantom Drafts sub-board. I know some boards do their own phantom drafts, so thought we should have one here - I remember doing one at some stage, so if we can get enough interest, we can make it happen.

Who would be interested?

Players:

1 Pie 4 Life
2 Snoop Dog
3 Knightmare
4 Soups
5 TradeDraft
6 Bird on a wire
7 Saintly Viewed
8 TheGreatGrundy
9 adammania9
10 robertg22

Last edited:

I also assume Snoop Dog and Knightmare will be involved too, so if not let me know, but reserved places.

If you're happy to run it, sure.

Would love to recruit for Carlton this time around if they're available. It's probably more fun recruiting against SOS with my picks generally working out better :D :p

If you're happy to run it, sure.

Would love to recruit for Carlton this time around if they're available. It's probably more fun recruiting against SOS with my picks generally working out better :D :p
You want to recruit the best player in the draft and a couple of late picks? lol.

You want to recruit the best player in the draft and a couple of late picks? lol.

It's probably also good for the casuals as they can have some fun and take some of the better known players and not be stuck with late picks they don't know how to use.

Hawthorn for the same reason I wouldn't be averse to. Or could go Hawthorn and another club, maybe an Essendon if we don't have enough selectors and others struggle with later picks. I'm not fussy.

Great idea;
I don't know enough juniors so couldn't do it,
but I'll be an active watcher as it transpires.

Early prediction:

Jack Lukosius will be taken by KnightM if he gets the slightest chance.

:)

If you just want to have a bit of self-educative fun, you just need to read the many phantom drafts and the top 20 lists in the media.You also need to be available when it's your go. But this looks like a game for serious players. Like SV said, some useful lurking is on offer.
I think those of us that regularly view the players week-in, week-out aren't going to expect people who don't to be nailing picks left, right and centre. It's more for those that are interested have a go as the more serious PD is on the draft board, but if there's enough interest here, then we should do one to include anyone who wants to be a part of it :)

I would do it if you can't get the numbers. What I did last time was ask for suggested player types on the club board I was representing then went to the phantom drafts etc for info re those player types. It's a shame Collingwood are not going to be so active.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd consider it but the thought of having to commit to being on BigFooty makes me shudder!

As an interested onlooker, maybe this time around you should put 18 names into an automatic sweep generator and have them automatically allocated teams? Saves the whole 'first in best dressed' thing or having the same people choosing for Collingwood each year.

I'd consider it but the thought of having to commit to being on BigFooty makes me shudder!

As an interested onlooker, maybe this time around you should put 18 names into an automatic sweep generator and have them automatically allocated teams? Saves the whole 'first in best dressed' thing or having the same people choosing for Collingwood each year.
Good idea though picking for Collingwood may not have quite the appeal of former years complete with a round one pick. The competition organiser will have to make a decision on what to do with academy an F/S picks.

when you guys starting?

If you're short of numbers I'll do a team.

(my triumph will be to stuff up the team I pick for :D)

when you guys starting?

If you're short of numbers I'll do a team.

(my triumph will be to stuff up the team I pick for :D)
Yeh I'll do it.

Happy to have any team (obviously to "ruin" them)

:)

Ps love the work our board does on this

Cheers and thanks Knightmare Pie 4 Life Snoop Dog

You guys make our board better and me smarter

One more question folks:

When are the teams distributed to "recruiter" posters?

Put me in for it. I don't mind doing the research.
You and me Great G.
We are here to do some research and then lurk then "hurt" our teams. (Tongue in cheek)

Be fun actually.

One more question folks:

When are the teams distributed to "recruiter" posters?
Once we have enough numbers, if we don't have any more jumping out I'll divide up the teams prior to the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back