Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't you think that Collingwood had a bit to do with that? Everyone talks about game plans but forget that there are two teams out there. Of course the last quarter looked different because Collingwood really increased their pressure. They are very good football team.
I never said they didn’t have a say in the game. My comment was that we also allowed them to play that way by changing up the structure. It’s easier to apply pressure when you are allowed to play in your front half and don’t have to defend the whole ground.

What we did for 3/4’s was very effective and I’m not sure why we didn’t roll dice and continue with what had worked so well.

We blinked and they took full advantage.

I'm not saying that we don't have mental toughness questions, however yesterday was 100% about fitness.

100%.

Look sorry, I wasn't meaning to suggest you specifically, but I have heard the exact opposite that we indeed threw it away through changing the structure up with some bizarre coaching to give the Pies ascendancy.

Again, I have not watched the game so I am merely going on what I have read, I am not saying I am right.

I never said they didn’t have a say in the game. My comment was that we also allowed them to play that way by changing up the structure. It’s easier to apply pressure when you are allowed to play in your front half and don’t have to defend the whole ground.

What we did for 3/4’s was very effective and I’m not sure why we didn’t roll dice and continue with what had worked so well.

We blinked and they took full advantage.
I just think they had more to do with the change than us.

I just think they had more to do with the change than us.
I certainly agree that they brought about a change. But my point is that we also played our part by setting up in a way that was advantageous to them and didn’t give ourselves the best opportunity to win.

I thought it was the wrong call not to continue with what had got us into a winning position.

I certainly agree that they brought about a change. But my point is that we also played our part by setting up in a way that was advantageous to them and didn’t give ourselves the best opportunity to win.

I thought it was the wrong call not to continue with what had got us into a winning position.
Happy to agree to disagree. Not being in this position much this year will certainly help going forward.

Did anyone see Bull in the 3rd quarter when the ball was kicked to a 2 on 1 (Goldy v 2 Magpies) and Goldy brought it to ground but no one there to pocks up the crumbs?
Bull was literally walking while the ball was in the air and he was about 15 metres away. Hopefully they highlight this in the review. This cannot be acceptable for a senior player to be doing that.

Look sorry, I wasn't meaning to suggest you specifically, but I have heard the exact opposite that we indeed threw it away through changing the structure up with some bizarre coaching to give the Pies ascendancy.

Again, I have not watched the game so I am merely going on what I have read, I am not saying I am right.
The little voice inside your head doesn't count mate

It's not a little voice. No need to be nasty or belittling either, I am not to you.

It is a highly respected poster who I engage with that has led me to thinking that way.

Last edited:
How about you lay off?

Your just making yourself out to be campaigner of a person.

He apologised to you, take it and move on.

No need to to question someone’s mental health you arseh*le!

I don’t care if I get banned for this but it will be worth it, if you realise what you said is not on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea. Yeah he’s pretty soft. He needs to learn that getting hurt isn’t that bad.
If you go hard, you end up not getting hurt. Sit back, show hesitation and and a timid approach, you end up worse for wear. I don’t know what we do with this kid. Carey chimed in saying it was all “nmfc coaching” and shit 😂 Ross gave Carey a back hander and said, “no, he was like this at Collingwood too, a big club with the likes of pendlebury, Adams” 😂 I like Ross when not many do

Coming from the bloke that said results isn’t analysis.

What do you base analysis on……. the vibe?

I’m not sure I would be calling out others as clueless when you make that stupid a statement.
You've had it explained to you in the BBN thread.

If you lack the capacity to understand that results aren't analysis I can't help you.

Did anyone see Bull in the 3rd quarter when the ball was kicked to a 2 on 1 (Goldy v 2 Magpies) and Goldy brought it to ground but no one there to pocks up the crumbs?
Bull was literally walking while the ball was in the air and he was about 15 metres away. Hopefully they highlight this in the review. This cannot be acceptable for a senior player to be doing that.

He needs a move away from the forward line for a game or two for a bit of work rate training.

If you lack the capacity to understand that results aren't analysis I can't help you.
Keep digging.

Are you really going to hang on to the notion that the results have no correlation to the coaching ability of David Noble.

**** me, but your logic Mark Neeld might have been the best coach the competition has ever seen.

Are you really going to hang on to the notion that the results have no correlation to the coaching ability of David Noble.

Where have I ever said that?

I called for a thorough independent review of the football department months before the Walsh review was called.

If you go hard, you end up not getting hurt. Sit back, show hesitation and and a timid approach, you end up worse for wear. I don’t know what we do with this kid. Carey chimed in saying it was all “nmfc coaching” and s**t 😂 Ross gave Carey a back hander and said, “no, he was like this at Collingwood too, a big club with the likes of pendlebury, Adams” 😂 I like Ross when not many do

What a bizarre thing for Carey to say. He’s always been soft. Used to drive my mates who support the pies crazy.

Now they can’t stand Ginnivan.

I wouldn't be having a go at other posters on "understanding".

Stop trolling people for fun, it's ridiculous behaviour.

Yesterday hurt a lot, but it’s the kind of win that you can learn a lot from. Both positive and negative. One thing that stood out to me was the way that the pies leaders stood up. I certainly wouldn’t mind having some players like pendles, Howe and Sidebottom on our side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where have I ever said that?

I called for a thorough independent review of the football department months before the Walsh review was called.
Beep beep beep….. are we backing up now?

Below is my entire post just so we have full context. I clearly said I based my assumptions on results which is very much the definition of analysis. It’s there in full. I’m still waiting for your counter argument or was results aren’t analysis it?

Is 5-28-1 not enough analysis for you? If not how about 11 defeats by over 40 points in a row, an AFL record.

I wouldn’t think much analysis is required to state a case that our head coach is incapable of getting this side to be competitive on a regular basis and that his performance in the role is well below what is required as an AFL Head Coach.

It’s not a simple solution, but it’s a pretty sound starting point.

Are you going to offer up a counter argument as to why we should keep him? I sure would love to hear it? And please not the stability thing, that one’s not going to cut it when performance is this bad.

Beep beep beep….. are we backing up now?

Below is my entire post just so we have full context. I clearly said I based my assumptions on results which is very much the definition of analysis. It’s there in full. I’m still waiting for your counter argument or was results aren’t analysis it?

Is 5-28-1 not enough analysis for you? If not how about 11 defeats by over 40 points in a row, an AFL record.

You've shot yourself in the foot in the first sentence that I've bolded.

That's results not analysis.

No need for a counter argument when your claim is flat out incorrect.

You've shot yourself in the foot in the first sentence that I've bolded.

That's results not analysis.
Beep beep……

It’s very much a part of analysis. People analyse results all the time.

Are we now selectively highlighting words a few words and ignoring the total post? The entire post gives the full context of what I said and makes your statement look foolish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back