Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

And stevic is suppose to be one of the better umps.
I don’t think he was in control of play when the 50 incident happened but as senior ump , he should have the balls to make the call
So what do they do? Put 1 qualified umpire with 3 apprentices and hope the game is adjudicated correctly? Or as close to correct as humanly possible? They’re a bunch of useless campaigners. If they worked under me, i’d get rid of em.

So what do they do? Put 1 qualified umpire with 3 apprentices and hope the game is adjudicated correctly? Or as close to correct as humanly possible?
That would probably work. The apprentices would be too scared to go all out and pay dodgy frees one way ignore obvious ones the other way like the current crop do and the experienced one would stand out like the back wheels on a bull terrier if he was the only one dogging a team.

Having said that, the apprentices would need to know the rules a bit better than those in charge of the game at AFL house.

I've never minded the Pies team (not supporters) that much due to step family and tagging along every week to their MCG games.

2022 Pies I actually really liked. They played exciting footy and they had the least amount of flogs on their list they've ever had. If we were shit, they were the team I'd want to succeed.

All of that changed with the 2023 finals series. All of their matches were so poorly umpired, it was a farce. They were kissed on the dick. The preliminary against GWS is probably my number #1 most unfairly umpired game I've ever seen (up there with 2015 prelim vs WCE). The GF was pretty bad too.

The 2023 flag will always be tainted in my book. And ever since then, the umpiring bias has co tinued. Worse than Hawthorn ever got. Daicos is more protected than GAJ, Judd or Dangerfield ever was.

Sunday was easily the biggest bias I've seen this year. The 50m penalty, egregious as it was, is actually kind of distracting everyone from the fact that the entire game was a joke. We got a couple stinkers our way, sure, but there's no contest. There's at least half a dozen all time howlers in one game alone, not to mention your usual spread of regular umpire howlers.

I also hate the "maybe don't give up a 54 point lead" argument. They weren't free points; Collingwood gave up those 54 points first. We probably spent more energy with our insane pressure, and they were able to earn it back with their conserved energy. At the end of the day there was a 2 point difference with 3 minutes to go and we got shafted with two missed fifties.

Sorry, rant over. I live alone and WFH and needed to vent somewhere.

I've never minded the Pies team (not supporters) that much due to step family and tagging along every week to their MCG games.

2022 Pies I actually really liked. They played exciting footy and they had the least amount of flogs on their list they've ever had. If we were shit, they were the team I'd want to succeed.

All of that changed with the 2023 finals series. All of their matches were so poorly umpired, it was a farce. They were kissed on the dick. The preliminary against GWS is probably my number #1 most unfairly umpired game I've ever seen (up there with 2015 prelim vs WCE). The GF was pretty bad too.

The 2023 flag will always be tainted in my book. And ever since then, the umpiring bias has co tinued. Worse than Hawthorn ever got. Daicos is more protected than GAJ, Judd or Dangerfield ever was.

Sunday was easily the biggest bias I've seen this year. The 50m penalty, egregious as it was, is actually kind of distracting everyone from the fact that the entire game was a joke. We got a couple stinkers our way, sure, but there's no contest. There's at least half a dozen all time howlers in one game alone, not to mention your usual spread of regular umpire howlers.

I also hate the "maybe don't give up a 54 point lead" argument. They weren't free points; Collingwood gave up those 54 points first. We probably spent more energy with our insane pressure, and they were able to earn it back with their conserved energy. At the end of the day there was a 2 point difference with 3 minutes to go and we got shafted with two missed fifties.

This!! I hate how many people have made this "54 point lead" argument! Like you said, Collingwood were 54 points down, they should have had to fairly claim every one of those points back to win, anyone of those dodgy decisions doesn't go their way and they likely don't and we win.

Also, it somehow implies that if the game had been close throughout that a dodgy decision near the end would somehow have then been more unfair!

I am rapt we were good enough to be 54 points up and disappointed, however it happened, that Collingwood were allowed back in the game and really hope our young team learnt a lot and comes out of the game better off overall for the experience.

But any margin we were ever winning by is totally irrelevant in the validity of disappointment and anger of potentially match deciding, incompetent umpiring and the subsequent rubbish coming out of AFL house.

When I lived alone, I smoked bongs and played guitar… best time of my life

Another day, another day of people talking to me about the game
Certainly different to the usual awkward silence most of time for the last few years...

"Yeah, you blokes are um...Sheezel looks good..is that the time...got to run.. "

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Just came across the McGuire Bartel chat where Eddie says it was the perfect result for North - good enough to convince young stars and older players to stay, but without the pesky four points that would wreck our run at another wooden spoon. What a patronising campaigner. Even setting aside that this year doesn’t have a standout top draft pick, and that we aren’t walking anyone through to the PSD, there is nothing to say that game was our one chance at getting off the bottom of the ladder.

Just came across the McGuire Bartel chat where Eddie says it was the perfect result for North - good enough to convince young stars and older players to stay, but without the pesky four points that would wreck our run at another wooden spoon. What a patronising campaigner. Even setting aside that this year doesn’t have a standout top draft pick, and that we aren’t walking anyone through to the PSD, there is nothing to say that game was our one chance at getting off the bottom of the ladder.
McGuire is the most patronising campaigner on the planet. A long time ago he once said there was a handshake agreement between North and them that they can wear their home strip every time they play North and they will let us play home games against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rest of the year should be dedicated to clawing our way off the bottom.

I want to win as many games as possible from here till forever.

Draft picks are what they are.

Winning is better.

Perfect result for North in that Collingwood won and nothing else matters in Eddie's universe?

The rest of the year should be dedicated to clawing our way off the bottom.

I want to win as many games as possible from here till forever.

Draft picks are what they are.

Winning is better.

The first couple of years are a novelty. Then you watch other teams trump you with NGA and FS, pick 1 we do get ****s off home, then we actually get two superstars at 3&4….it’s hardly what it’s cracked up to be.

As per usual when we are trying to defend a lead, we went safe. We got scared. And the usual question entered my head as we coughed up the lead in the last Q:
Which player is gonna stand up for us and say “not on my watch”.
And again, as per usual - nobody did.

Jy, to his credit, stepped up in the last Q vs WCE last week. Kudos to Jy.

But the one question that plagued me Sunday night:
Would we have lost that game if Harley Reid was out there in the blue and white?
I doubt it very very much.

But I get it, that ship has sailed, but yeah - a big bodied midfielder with raw horsepower and spunk in that last Q……

As per usual when we are trying to defend a lead, we went safe. We got scared. And the usual question entered my head as we coughed up the lead in the last Q:

Would we have lost that game if Harley Reid was out there in the blue and white?

But I get it, that ship has sailed, but yeah - a big bodied midfielder with raw horsepower and spunk in that last Q……
You should beat yourself up about Reid more because it will only make you feel better about things.

fight club office GIF

Yeh I wonder about what we could have achieved with Cam Mooney staying

1) he’s not a roo and never will be. Let it go. It is a pointless comparison/ thought exercise.
2) he would have been suspended for the game anyway given the current run of things.
3) we did what we did Saturday with zero of our 23 draftees out there.

Did you expect us to get out to a 9 goal lead? How about when we took the lead again then got shafted by the umps?

Can't pin it on the youngest and least experienced team in the league. Jy out and Phillips being cooked was never gonna end well. Lmac and Corr both had poor games overall and it possibly cost us the match (other than the poor umpiring).

LDU and Wardlaw both played huge games and almost won it for us themselves. Their efforts were like players possessed. Sheezel was classy as ever and tough as nails. Could've kicked the winner if the ball wasn't knocked from his hands.

Pies got extremely lucky. Teams know they are still very vulnerable. Watch that space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back