Collingwood exposed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After fancying themselves as top 4 material this year surely tonight has to put under question Collingwood's premiership credentials. People may say it's early but they have been completely outclassed since quarter time. Such a blow out must be worrying for their fans and have them re thinking resigning Buckley until 2017.

With the loss of some familiar faces such as Daisy it may be a rocky year for the pies.

Did they over estimate their chances this year? Even this early in the year top 4 teams shouldn't get belted like this. Even without injuries it looks like they'll be fighting with the middle teams for a spot in the 8.

3-8 at the halfway, 8-3 in the latter half, will end up 11-11 and about 10th.

Collingwood aren't bad or exposed, they've just thrown up the white flag. Fremantle are just terrifying. I don't think many were claiming Collingwood were top 4 material, they're middle of the pack this year. Fair overreaction

Come on man, it's 3 qrt time in the first game of the season. Terrible thread.

If the game were closer you may have a point, but this is telling. As Bruce said they've been 'up' for a while now and this is already looking like the year they drop off. It could very well be their biggest loss under Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, I can't believe they extended Buckley's contract without him showing much yet.

I always thought it was a mistake them giving Mick the arse. We already know there has been tension between Bucks and some of the players. I don't think the problems are limited to him though.

Eddie and Nathan to be divorced by season's end ?

The Fremantle pressure is too much for the Magpies tonight. It was very manic and unable to be penetrated.
Having just signed a 2 year extension I think Eddie would be following Bucks out the door.

Do people who are big on Collingwood expect Elliot, Sinclair, Seedsman, Williams (if he returns), Keefe, etc to be as good as Didak, O'Bree, Johnson, Shaw, Presti, ie those that they are replacing?

I don't see it.

Obviously early days, no Reid, no White, but the young kids have been a bit hyped and have shown no where near enough to be considered potential A grade players, or even good B grade players.

I think Collingwood are 3-4 years away from being a top 4 side again.

I am bias as the Crows are my second team but Walker over Cloke every time. Not to mention Cameron, Pavlich, Tippett, Kennedy, Hawkins.

Cloke and Swan are hugely over rated IMO. Good players, Swan sometimes a great player, in the right team, but couldn't agree more with Cinderella Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood exposed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back