List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not a lesson to learn. Just because it hasn't worked in the past does not mean it won't work in the future. We need to assess options clearly in the current context, not be put off due to past failures.

There is always a risk in trading future picks. There's a chance it ends up better/worse/exactly as expected. We've had some misfortune in the past. Taking this option off the table limits us and means we never have the chance of it working in our favour.

This year there are specific reasons to bring next year's pick forward, for the right deal. Whether we do it should depend on the right deal eventuating, not being spooked by the ghosts of trades past.
You call it being spooked by ghosts of trades past, I call it learning lessons of mistakes made.

Either way, I think everyone should be wary of trading a pick before it's value is known for an asset before it's price is known.

And the comment from Jen of trading our first round pick next year for something up to pick 30 made me shudder. Sure, this might be a better, deeper draft than next year, but would next year's draft pick 6 be better than this year's draft pick 25? I definitely think so.

You clearly don't understand the talent pool, it's a strong and deep draft this year and next years will be really poor so why wouldn't a club want extra picks this year.
I don't understand the talent pool - correct. And we would want extra picks this year I assume.

However, we wouldn't want and extra pick in say the mid 20s, for the cost of next year's pick 6-8 I assume. Do you agree with that?

Surely we have learnt our lesson from having messed up each of the four times we've traded future first round pick. By my count it was the Treloar, Beams, 'Daicos', and Shultz trades. Each was a disaster for us in retrospect. I hope we never do it again.

What was wrong with the Treloar trade in your view?

Surely we have learnt our lesson from having messed up each of the four times we've traded future first round pick. By my count it was the Treloar, Beams, 'Daicos', and Shultz trades. Each was a disaster for us in retrospect. I hope we never do it again.
Jen’s reasoning is a struggle for me as well because something in the top 30 with some junk points towards McGuane is a flat out no. It would need to be top 15 post bids for me to turn my head, but the one variable to keep in mind is that this draft is stacked. There’ll be kids drafted around the 20 mark that would be top 5 picks in McGuane’s year. The reasoning you used in your previous post to the one I’ve quoted of finishing bottom 6-8 and McGuane receiving a late 1st Rd bid would be the equivalent of using the pick 12 months in advance… The reality is pick 6-8 year to year has different value and next years is significantly less than this years.

Have a mate life member that goes to all the Keilor games tell me how impressed the whole club were after that bloke tried to king hit Tommy.

Wasn't that he got up and played on, it was how he did it, didn't take a backwards step, if anything went harder.

I don't think you'll see that happen again, the bloke that did it got flogged for the rest of the game, umpires turned a blind eye.

I don't understand the talent pool - correct. And we would want extra picks this year I assume.

However, we wouldn't want and extra pick in say the mid 20s, for the cost of next year's pick 6-8 I assume. Do you agree with that?
No I don't agree with that, if a player in the 20's in 2024 is better than a player ranked 10 to 15 in 2025 why wouldn't you trade up or in? We're getting a first rounder in Tom McGuane anyway so why not flip the 2025 first for something good. Clubs don't hang onto first rounders for father sons when they can bundle picks, it's never happened under the current rules.

Would be close to a miracle if their boys became guns and nominated the pies. Obvs Anthony’s have no choice but I’d be shocked if Savs don’t go to the Roos.

…unless they’re really close and want to play together, then there’s only 1 choice
Laugh Plotting GIF by Big Brother

Would be close to a miracle if their boys became guns and nominated the pies. Obvs Anthony’s have no choice but I’d be shocked if Savs don’t go to the Roos.

…unless they’re really close and want to play together, then there’s only 1 choice
Surely time has healed old wounds. North will still be shit, easy decision when the times comes I reckon 😉

Marcus is in pies academy, so wounds clearly have healed.

Marcus is in pies academy, so wounds clearly have healed.
The issue Sav would have would be Mick more than anything else. He would have great memories of the pies and given the clown show of North for almost a decade things have probably swung back in our balance. I am old enough to remember Sav as 17 year old in the under 19s, I have a feeling he actually trimmed down to make the seniors I remember this big body taking huge marks and squashing players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue Sav would have would be Mick more than anything else. He would have great memories of the pies and given the clown show of North for almost a decade things have probably swung back in our balance. I am old enough to remember Sav as 17 year old in the under 19s, I have a feeling he actually trimmed down to make the seniors I remember this big body taking huge marks and squashing players.
He was a discuss thrower and built like it with massive thighs and hips - became more wedge shaped when he trained for footy.

of course they are a chance, but clearly he's more on our side now otherwise he'd be in their program.
Are you sure he’s not? I doubt there would be any restrictions on how many FS programs you can participate in provided your father played his 100 games at each club.

Are you sure he’s not? I doubt there would be any restrictions on how many FS programs you can participate in provided your father played his 100 games at each club.
No, I'm not sure. But I'm only assuming.
Its possible he could be involved with north too. But I'm assuming they're focusing on the pies given the press the roccas did with their sons at the club earlier this year.

No, I'm not sure. But I'm only assuming.
Its possible he could be involved with north too. But I'm assuming they're focusing on the pies given the press the roccas did with their sons at the club earlier this year.

Looks like there’s involvement with both clubs and his dad might just let him choose without pushing in either direction. Having Max might be beneficial to us if they’re close and want to keep playing together like they are at the moment (assuming they’re both worth a list spot).

And? Even if the article is from last year it’s still perfectly clear that he has involvement at both FS programs.
I think his involvement with our program began this year.
We'll have to wait and see how it plays out next few years.

There is prob no rule against it as I suppose Shaun Burgoyne's son prob involved in both port and hawks, even if its different states.

Looks like there’s involvement with both clubs and his dad might just let him choose without pushing in either direction. Having Max might be beneficial to us if they’re close and want to keep playing together like they are at the moment (assuming they’re both worth a list spot).
Did Lachie Hansen play 100 games?

With the jets out of finals, I wonder if they'd slot tommy into the Keilor GF...

Imagine some Keilor players may feel a bit miffed if that was the case.

But after a big first season play U18, futures and Keilor games, he may rest up and prepare for 2025

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back