List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

The YJFL presentations were this morning

Eli Kravic came 2nd in U15 div 1 best and fairest.

Just pipped by 1 vote from his opponent from the GF, Daniel Bullock
Full votes.

U14
No votes for either Rocca, but I imagine this is a bit of a midfielder award and. think both are forwards.

U15
NGA Eli Kravic with 16 votes (2nd place)
NGA Tjaegan Egan with 9 votes
NGA Cooper Brancatisano 6 votes (only played 7 games this year)
No votes for Ted (being a ruck, prob no surprise)

U16
No votes for Max Christian (key defender)

U18

No votes for Matthew Quaynor

Who's to say that the 2027 draft isn't better then both these years and holding it next year may allow you to double down in 27?
That’s almost as much of a gamble in addition to having to wait another 2 years to add young talent we pretty desperately need given our current list age profile.

That’s almost as much of a gamble in addition to having to wait another 2 years to add young talent we pretty desperately need given our current list age profile.

Your pick will be a known quantity next year and by trade time they will know how strong not only 26 is but the projected strength of 27.

Point was more I'd rather not be bent over with an unknown pick for sweet fa which pick 12 will become after bid matching.

Your pick will be a known quantity next year and by trade time they will know how strong not only 26 is but the projected strength of 27.

Point was more I'd rather not be bent over with an unknown pick for sweet fa which pick 12 will become after bid matching.
I think you’re getting too hung up on picks getting pushed out by bids tbh. In the old systems of F/S players who were rated top 10 were taken for nothing picks but nobody was worried about their draft hand because the numbers stayed the same. The fact is that pick 12 will still be pick 12 in context of the players who will be available in the open draft. Why does it matter that a player who was never available to you in the first place is making your number higher? It’s not like pick 12 would be more valuable if academy and father son picks were removed from the draft pool and sent straight to their club of destination.

We’re at a point now where we have to accept that the draft is so heavily compromised that we may as well just mentally remove the high end FS/academy players from what we see as the actual draft pool and have the attitude that pick 12 gets you the 12th best available selection, regardless of what the number ends up actually being.

TLDR, “pick 12 gets you the 12th best available selection, regardless of what the number ends up actually being”
The post wasn’t even long, stop being a douche for the sake of it.

I think you’re getting too hung up on picks getting pushed out by bids tbh. In the old systems of F/S players who were rated top 10 were taken for nothing picks but nobody was worried about their draft hand because the numbers stayed the same. The fact is that pick 12 will still be pick 12 in context of the players who will be available in the open draft. Why does it matter that a player who was never available to you in the first place is making your number higher? It’s not like pick 12 would be more valuable if academy and father son picks were removed from the draft pool and sent straight to their club of destination.

We’re at a point now where we have to accept that the draft is so heavily compromised that we may as well just mentally remove the high end FS/academy players from what we see as the actual draft pool and have the attitude that pick 12 gets you the 12th best available selection, regardless of what the number ends up actually being.

Because alot of the academy and FS guys are rated at that pick in an open draft, so pick 12 which becomes 16 is in fact actually the 16th best rated player or near to it.

If you want the 12th best you'd need to push down further, if 4 are bid on top 10 you would need pick 8.

So we have a list. I think it's a little outdated. This might be last years list. As the U15 NGA's that played in the diversity game and the NGA games this year aren't named. But for now, we have some names. Some I feel are name only. Others I don't think are even playing footy anymore, at least according to PlayhQ

HIGH PERFORMANCE. 16-19yrs

Adam Banks (Denis Banks)
Tom Wakelin (Shane Wakelin) - Don't think he has played footy since early 2023
Charlie Lockyer (Tarkyn Lockyer)
Luke Quaynor (NGA)
Obie Chambers (NGA) 1 game for Balwyn in 2024
Tadhg McCarthy (NGA)
Doug Kerr (NGA)
Annguyen Tran (NGA)
Matthew Quaynor (NGA)
Jai Sexena (NGA)
Archie Watson (Shane Watson)
Oscar Lonie (Ryan Lonie)
Zac McCarthy (NGA)
James Orton (NGA)
Tom McGuane (Mick McGuane)
Levi Davis (Leon Davis)
Seb Wolff (NGA)
Max Christian (Michael Christian)
Noah Bibile (NGA)
Ted Fraser (Josh Fraser)
Charlie Osborne (Richard Osborne) - Can't find anything on this kid

FUTURES - 11-15yrs

Ayce Buckley (Nathan Buckley) - I can't imagine he is involved in this no matter if his name is here
C-Jay Bryan (Chris Bryan)
Max Rocca (Anthony Rocca)
Marcus Rocca (Saverio Rocca)
Tjaegan Egan (Chris Egan)
Charlie Bryan (Chris Bryan)
Ben Richardson (Mark Richardson)
Xavier Sharkley (Paul Sharkley)
Kip Holland (Brodie Holland)
Bowie Holland (Brodie Holland)
Billy O'Bree (Shane O'Bree)
Max Fraser (Mark Fraser)
Cassius Licuria (Paul Licuria)
Oscar Hrysoulakis (Athas Hrysoulakis)
Archie Maxwell (Nick Maxwell)
Hayden Vo (NGA)

Some of these kids won't be eligible (unless they are eligible for NGA) because their fathers may not have played 100 games

We'll likely see this list change next year. The top list at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have a list. I think it's a little outdated. This might be last years list. As the U15 NGA's that played in the diversity game and the NGA games this year aren't named. But for now, we have some names. Some I feel are name only. Others I don't think are even playing footy anymore, at least according to PlayhQ

Adam Banks (Denis Banks)
Luke Quaynor (NGA)
Tadhg McCarthy (NGA)
Doug Kerr (NGA)
Annguyen Tran (NGA)
Matthew Quaynor (NGA)
Jai Sexena (NGA)
Oscar Lonie (Ryan Lonie)
Zac McCarthy (NGA)
James Orton (NGA)
Levi Davis (Leon Davis)
Seb Wolff (NGA)
Noah Bibile (NGA)
Ted Fraser (Josh Fraser)

FUTURES - 11-15yrs

Ayce Buckley (Nathan Buckley) - I can't imagine he is involved in this no matter if his name is here
Max Fraser (Mark Fraser)
Hayden Vo (NGA)

Some of these kids won't be eligible (unless they are eligible for NGA) because their fathers may not have played 100 games

Alright who we going to tip is going to be the next gun out of the father sons? Would love for a mini Leon Davis to be causing havoc one day.

Alright who we going to tip is going to be the next gun out of the father sons? Would love for a mini Leon Davis to be causing havoc one day.
Well if it’s from this list the smart money would be on Tommy McGuane 😆

Hopefully the Rocca boys both turn in to guns (and Savs boy shuns Norf).

Adam Banks (Denis Banks)
Luke Quaynor (NGA)
Tadhg McCarthy (NGA)
Doug Kerr (NGA)
Annguyen Tran (NGA)
Matthew Quaynor (NGA)
Jai Sexena (NGA)
Oscar Lonie (Ryan Lonie)
Zac McCarthy (NGA)
James Orton (NGA)
Levi Davis (Leon Davis)
Seb Wolff (NGA)
Noah Bibile (NGA)
Ted Fraser (Josh Fraser)

FUTURES - 11-15yrs

Max Fraser (Mark Fraser)
Hayden Vo (NGA)

Thanks Jen, you are a fantastic resource for this board.

I think the Buckley boys are 20 and 18 aren’t they ?

ayce is prob 16, and Jett 18/19
Ayce's last footy game was start of 2023 and that was U15

He was playing under 14’s 4 years ago.
Maybe stuck in time

"Buckley, whose sons Jett (15) and Ayce (13)"
Article from 2022 so Jens ages would be about right 16 and 18.

Regardless neither look to be playing AFL any time soon with interest in other things.

Should have made them board with Peter Daicos.

I often wonder the impacts through covid of lack of footy and also seeing Dad get mauled in the media and fans turning at the game had on thier love for the sport.

You could see it when Buckley embraced one after a win when he was under the pump the kids were feeling it to.

I often wonder the impacts through covid of lack of footy and also seeing Dad get mauled in the media and fans turning at the game had on thier love for the sport.

You could see it when Buckley embraced one after a win when he was under the pump the kids were feeling it to.
Or the boys just aren't good football players.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back