News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

It stands to reason that having a higher rate of contested possessions will lead to a lower disposal efficiency, because the player is under more pressure.
Nick tries some outlandish things that don't always come off, but when they do, it's sheer genius.
In one of his GOTY nominations there are two examples, and, of course, there is his immortal mid-air handball to Jordy in the GF.
And if he is given time and space he is an assassin of extreme precision.
For those type of plays they have a kick rating and the data must suggest he fluffs his lines enough to be brought down a peg. Most don’t remember that because it’s overshadowed by the memory of him pulling it off. I guarantee Naicos would remember them and be working on it.

Where I land on it and as a punter I think not having Naicos in your AA team is an indicator that the parameters need tweaking. I imagine they’ll sit down and review it at year end because people with brains like his do that type of stuff. Being their livelihood and all they check bias’ unlike on here.

Last edited:
as a photograph, Billy's mark looks better.

I cant split Nick's goals

Elliott for me. Gets extra points for sticking his dick in McKay’s ear hole.

The Suns goal for me. Started behind the centre circle, had three involvements in the play as opposed to forward of the centre circle gather and 2 bounces.

Last edited:

One year ago we ...... them ....

smoke GIF

Jamie for mine.

Jamie’s is a biblical story. It’s the spectacle of a mismatched one-on-one battle between a 177cm and a 202cm …

… however the 177cm uses all his skill and guile to quickly dominate over the 202cm and cause him to submit.

By contrast Bobby is an alien who has been teleported into a Caravaggio painting. It’s a mass of bodies and underworld figures being scattered to the four points of the compass as Bobby rises triumphantly above them all …

… but him landing deftly on his feet makes it look as if the teleport beam from the mothership has carefully guided him back down to earth.

Last edited:
Jamie for mine.

Jamie’s is a biblical story. It’s the spectacle of a mismatched clean one on one battle between a 177cm and a 202cm …

… however the 177cm uses all his skill and guile to quickly dominate over the 202cm and cause him to submit.

By contrast Bobby is an alien who has been teleported into a Caravaggio painting. It’s a mass of bodies and underworld figures being scattered to the four points of the compass as Bobby rises triumphantly above them all …

… but him landing deftly on his feet makes it look as if the teleport beam from the mothership has carefully guided him back down to earth.
Well done Kirk

Jamie for mine.

Jamie’s is a biblical story. It’s the spectacle of a mismatched one-on-one battle between a 177cm and a 202cm …

Except Jamie's is real, it actually happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamie for mine.

Jamie's background is a Where's Wally Puzzle. Find a smiling Bombers supporter. There seems to be only one kid who has anticipated how good this was going to be.

From club's website - sigh 😞

View attachment 2102436

A bit before my time, but I had no idea there were that many Twomeys playing together in that era. Plus the two Roses and Richards. There must have been a lot of brotherly chemistry out there!

A bit before my time, but I had no idea there were that many Twomeys playing together in that era. Plus the two Roses and Richards. There must have been a lot of brotherly chemistry out there!
My very 1st match - went with father to Glenferrie Oval - Hawthorn supporters (😡) giving it to Mick Twomey for some reason...

We had an incredible five Rose brothers play for the club over the years (Colin only played reserves):
1725621092977.png

I'm sure plenty of Pies fans will be happy to know that the Collingwood Forever website is getting a serious (and long-overdue) upgrade, and the site should be relaunched fairly soon. It will be up to date to the end of the 2024 season. The old site is still there, but as some may have noticed, it's not fully operating, with the search function not working. I'm looking forward to the relaunch!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back