Remove this Banner Ad

notorious_zhang

Senior List
Apr 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC Barcelona FC
Maybe someone is going to post a thread about this as I'm writing this but just to let you guys know on The Footy Show, apparently there a Collingwood Best and Fairest winner has been offered a paycut and has rejected and will delay talks until the end of the season.

Not sure who yet, will be watching to make sure.

Who is the player putting contract negotiations on hold?

Apparently asked to take a pay cut, not happy and put negotiations on hold until the end of the season, a B&F winner.

Cloke???

its gotta be cloke..

and his old man being manager it wouldnt suprise me if he plays hardball to prove a point...

not sure how much he'd even be on though.... wouldnt think he'd be high enough to have to take a pay cut...

Its either Cloke or Swan and if i was a betting man id say Travis Cloke.
Yes, at first I thought of Swan but couldn't believe that he would do that. Now that you've mentioned Cloke it does make sense

Re: Who is the player putting contract negotiations on hold?

Only 3 on our list, didak and Swan are signed so yep it's cloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has his past couple of years warranted a pay rise though? As much as I love him I think not.....

No one listened when told he might be leaving :)

Everyone listened when told 4 months ago he might be leaving, what are you going on about?

He won't leave anyway, I'd pretty readily put my left testicle on the line for that call. Nothing wrong with negotiating for a bit more coin, especially when I'm sure the GC's offer would probably be double the offer on the table from Collingwood.

Nobody on this board would accept being (in their mind) underpaid in their career, not sure why we expect footballers to be any different.

Why would he take a pay cut? Definately isnt overpaid for the teams no1 key foward

He hasn't improved much, if at all since his B&F year, I'm not surprised he's been asked to take a pay cut. You can't be a 30 goal a year key forward and ask for the big bucks, no matter how many marks on the wing you take.

Re: Who is the player putting contract negotiations on hold?

Tell cloke we'll start at 800K and take 10K off for every point he kicks from a set shot.

Has his past couple of years warranted a pay rise though? As much as I love him I think not.....

It never said he wanted a pay rise

How much is an average players salary? Is 400k/year a lot?

Definately not that much, about the average for a key forward with some past Collingwood players no longer with us being paid a bit more after 1 good season

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood player saying no to a paycut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back