List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

With Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips our hands were tied by the salary cap calamity. My biggest frustration was not getting fair market value in return. If that happens again this year though it's something else entirely and I'll be concerned by the decisions being made by the football department.

They could of done Brown, Brown, Stephenson and Phillips. And probably got close to the same net result.
We only cleared about 600k from treloar off our books.
He has imo played good a grade footy still and would shine in this new gameplan.

They could of done Brown, Brown, Stephenson and Phillips. And probably got close to the same net result.
He has imo played good a grade footy still and would shine in this new gameplan.
The thing that I was angry about was our treatment of Treloar.
He seemed to genuinely love the club and his teammates & he was shoved out the door due to the incompetence of out list management.

No idea about the numbers, but agree that Treloar would shine in McRae's game plan.

He seemed to genuinely love the club and his teammates & he was shoved out the door due to the incompetence of out list management.
It's widely accepted that the old admin screwed up and all are now gone in part because of it.

But the your have to pay the four players coming in to fill their spots, so you’d save nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You would pay for a draftees salary or choose as the club has done in the past to go in with 1 less list spot filled.

So you would save near on the same amount. It's only 1 player different.
That's essentially the situation this year, because Keane waited until after final list lodgement to "retire".
Then he backflipped.

According to the AFL website the Suns may be willing to offer pick 7 & Jack Bowes as part of a salary dump deal.
Bowes has 2 years left on his contract.
He's described as a mid turned defender, another one who can't get into the Suns stacked midfield.
I wonder what sort of deal we could get on Bowes & Fiorini.
Pick 7 would be a nice enticement.
Grundy and Henry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A high draft pick helps absolutely. It's unlikely we get multiple you'd think.
Dees have consistently traded up in drafts over recent years. They have kept an eye on the future, without going all in to increase their chances of winning now. I think they value draft picks more highly than most clubs do when in the window. I suspect they'll be leaning to paying more of his salary and thus giving up less in trade (if they can swing it).

Crazy to think Geel will end up with Bruhn, Henry and obviously already have Holmes who is a gun. 3 picks in the top 20.

Yes they have a lot of old players, but geez, they know how to keep picking off players from other clubs and keep going.

Would 100% take Parfitt in a swap however.

Geelong have a significant advantage being in Vic, but not in Melb, and close to the surf coast.

I for one was never a fan of 1. What we paid for Treloar and what we got in return. I was happy that we moved him on. However, how he was treated by the club and reportedly lied to by Buckley because of the incompetence of Walsh and Guy was extremely poor. More so because of how gen
genuinely he loved the club (as evidenced by him back-ending his contract multiple times at the request of the club

If they weren't such a good club, it could go the other way with them losing kids to the bright lights of the city.
You see that's where we disagree sr.

Bomber and a certain doctor were there before Essendon and they bulked up in exactly the same manner as Essendon.

I'm not a believer in that much coincidence.

The laconicness is the concern but similarly so was Paddy Ryder, I know 2 different people so largely irrelevant but could be similar in application.

Laconic -
(of a person, speech, or style of writing) using very few words.
"his laconic reply suggested a lack of interest in the topic"

If you said Johnson's shots at goal are laconic it would kind of make sense (although that would still be erroneous). Laconic does not mean laid-back or any synonym of that. Whomever started it in the sporting sense can get in the bin.

Bowes reportedly on $800K+ for the next two years
They gambled on him being a star and it backfired. That's why salary dumps happen, you pay for what you expect and sometimes it doesn't work out.

We thought Grundys form would go on for years, and well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back