List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

If only we could grab Ned Moyle from GCS.
He's their long term Witts replacement, he aint going anywhere

Is what we have enough, or do we need more ruck cover, somebody who comes in on the cheap, as the 4th/5th ruckman, just in case shit hits the fan?

With Grundy going, do we go into next season with Cameron, Cox and Begg (and Kreuger and McStay) as ruck stocks, or do we grab another cheap ruckman for cover? I'm sure there'll be a fringe ruckman delisted, or somebody from the lower leagues that we can pick up as a rookie.
And when adding the cost of the fringe Ruckman, the Cap space freed up shrinks, to the point of making the benefit of the Grundy trade marginal IMO.

And when adding the cost of the fringe Ruckman, the Cap space freed up shrinks, to the point of making the benefit of the Grundy trade marginal IMO.
Fair point. I just worry that if something happens to Cameron or Cox next year, we'll be rucking with Begg or Kreuger, and/or taking McStay out of the forward line.

He's their long term Witts replacement, he aint going anywhere

Is what we have enough, or do we need more ruck cover, somebody who comes in on the cheap, as the 4th/5th ruckman, just in case s**t hits the fan?
Rookie draft if we really want backup.
We are rumoured to be bringing in Frampton as well. Cameron, Cox, Frampton, Begg plus McStay, Kreuger and AJ (rucked in VFL) is plenty.
Melbourne currently have 2, Gawn and Jackson, and that's it.
(Moyle is just a wish, not realistic)

Rookie Draft options:
- Will Elliott
- Olivier Northam (if not in main draft)
- Tom Scully (F/R) (if not in main draft)
- Harvey Howe
- Max Knobel
- Nick McLarty
- Hudson O'Keeffe
- Josh Tweedale
- Will Verrall
- Etc.

So I bumped into another one of the Dads at the school on Monday during drop off. Bloke called Marcus. He is a Carlton supporter, but massive on McStay, really big fan. I finished the conversation feeling so much more positive on McStay, that I would like to offer any doubters 2-3 mins on the phone with Marcus. You’ll feel better - just le me know. If I get a lot of demand, we can do a Zoom.

And anyway, while the strategy and maths behind the McStay / Grundy arrangement seem puzzling, in GW we trust. Just enjoy the ride. He’s got this.

My mate told me Henry asked for $800k ...
If true he can piss off.
If scuttlebutt, I hope he comes to his senses.
I do have a lot of faith in G Wright..
There's not a snowflake's chance in hell he'd get that much.
At this stage of his career he wouldn't get half that.
I think your mate is having a lend of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd be better off keeping him.
The only way it makes any sense is if we're bringing in players filling areas of need - inside mid & KPD.
I'd keep Grundy, but of course I don't know how much cap space there is.

COLLINGWOOD

Draft Picks: 16, 42, 47, 48, 88
List needs:
Key forward, key defender, small forward, tough midfielder
Who could be available at first pick:
Oliver Hollands, Josh Weddle, Lewis Hayes, Jacob Konstanty, Olli Hotton, Mitch Szybkowski

The Magpies are shaping as being a key player in the draft and free agency period, which leaves their draft hand a little uncertain. However, if they retain their current pick 16 they will have their pick of some handy players. The likes of wingman Hollands, key defenders Weddle and Hayes, small forwards Konstanty and Hotton and tough inside midfielder Szybkowski are all in that range to be taken as late first-round picks. Hotton is the son of former Carlton and Collingwood player Trent and has been a draft bolter this year as a classy midfielder-forward who knows where the goals are. Weddle and Hayes are strong defensive interceptors who could help with life after 32-year-old Jeremy Howe hangs up the boots, while Szybkowski could be considered as a contested-ball winning beast given Collingwood’s main man in that department is Taylor Adams who turns 30 this month.

Latest moves: The Magpies have a few irons in the fire ahead of the trade and free agency period. Brisbane big man Dan McStay is expected to join the Magpies as a free agent, along with Greater Western Sydney small forward Bobby Hill. The Magpies have also been linked to Hawthorn midfielder Tom Mitchell and have expressed interest in Gold Coast onballer Brayden Fiorini and Adelaide big man Billy Frampton. Free agent Jordan De Goey is expected to stay at the club on a new four-year deal, but the future of ruckman Brodie Grundy is uncertain.

If true he can piss off.
Over 3 years?
Agree, Wright knows how to build a premiership list. If the Hawks could let Buddy go we can let Henry go if he’s chasing coin.

If true he can piss off.
Sounds like absolute rubbish - if talking about per year. Might have asked for that much over two years.

COLLINGWOOD

List needs: Key forward, key defender, small forward, tough midfielder
Who could be available at first pick: Oliver Hollands, Josh Weddle, Lewis Hayes, Jacob Konstanty, Olli Hotton, Mitch Szybkowski

The Magpies are shaping as being a key player in the draft and free agency period, which leaves their draft hand a little uncertain. However, if they retain their current pick 16 they will have their pick of some handy players. The likes of wingman Hollands, key defenders Weddle and Hayes, small forwards Konstanty and Hotton and tough inside midfielder Szybkowski are all in that range to be taken as late first-round picks. Hotton is the son of former Carlton and Collingwood player Trent and has been a draft bolter this year as a classy midfielder-forward who knows where the goals are. Weddle and Hayes are strong defensive interceptors who could help with life after 32-year-old Jeremy Howe hangs up the boots, while Szybkowski could be considered as a contested-ball winning beast given Collingwood’s main man in that department is Taylor Adams who turns 30 this month.

Latest moves: The Magpies have a few irons in the fire ahead of the trade and free agency period. Brisbane big man Dan McStay is expected to join the Magpies as a free agent, along with Greater Western Sydney small forward Bobby Hill. The Magpies have also been linked to Hawthorn midfielder Tom Mitchell and have expressed interest in Gold Coast onballer Brayden Fiorini and Adelaide big man Billy Frampton. Free agent Jordan De Goey is expected to stay at the club on a new four-year deal, but the future of ruckman Brodie Grundy is uncertain.
I expect that we will seek to package up picks received for Grundy, Poulter and Henry to move up the order. We have to take best available

COLLINGWOOD

List needs: Key forward, key defender, small forward, tough midfielder
Who could be available at first pick: Oliver Hollands, Josh Weddle, Lewis Hayes, Jacob Konstanty, Olli Hotton, Mitch Szybkowski

Why would the Hun think we need another winger? We've got Josh Daicos, Sidebottom, WHE, Bianco, Murley, etc.
Ditto with small forwards, especially if we've got Hill coming in.
They say key forward, so where's Keeler in their list?

I have a feeling that punters on this board expecting a first rounder for Ollie are going to be left bitterly disappointed come trade period.

Unfortunately expectation doesn’t often match reality.

I have a feeling that punters on this board expecting a first rounder for Ollie are going to be left bitterly disappointed come trade period.

If it’s Geelong then has to be a first rounder or no trade. we have enough picks around 40 already.

I think you might be surprised, the whole comp knows how good he could be. He is the one wanting to go for more money, so it's only natural that we would want a first round pick

If true he can piss off.
Not sure if this says more about your mate being a flipping liar, or you for even contemplating believing such nonsense tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back