List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I have accepted Grundy's leaving. It's other posters bringing up my older posts that's continuing the dialogue.

My issue now isn't with Grundy being pushed out but with what we're going to get for him. If we're getting less for him and Henry than we got from Treloar and Stephenson whilst overpaying for average fringe players from other clubs I'll be ropeable.
I wouldn't worry about what others think, sometimes people just like to go fishing, why be the bait. On a positive note, we are in next year's flag race right up to our eyeballs and the players coming in will only strengthen that

They can * split 7 for 12 and 19 and give us 12. They can grow the * up. No guarantee Clark is there at 7 anyway time-wasting pricks.
Or they can just keep 7 and see what happens. It seems clear to me that Bruhn was their number 1 priority all year, and Henry is more of a "nice if it happens" option. I find this funny as I think Bruhn has been very very average, but they do have their mids retiring this year.

With FS picks likely at 1,15,16 that I believe will take 8 draft selections out of the pool whilst only taking 3 player.

This means all our picks 41 and 50 will come in 5 places and our picks between 19-33 if we get any will come in at least 2 picks .

Attachments

• C935D217-0FA5-4284-BEC8-79E5037B9953.png
    C935D217-0FA5-4284-BEC8-79E5037B9953.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 54
Why would Melbourne only pursue the most expensive, long-term alternative for replacing Jackson?
There's a lot of baffling decisions in this deal. Why would you get another top dollar full time ruck when Gawn is the best ruckman in the league and only two years older? Why would you want Gawn to spend more time forward where his output is much worse? Why wouldn't you fix your glaring deficiency and target an actual forward instead of trying to convert Gawn into one? Why are you ignoring the logical move which is FWD-Ruck Jackson for FWD-Ruck Lobb? And why the **** are the Bulldogs chasing Lobb!?

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. His history shows he's neither a genius or a patsy but we also don't know what parameters he was working in. Those who have made bold declarations either way about Wright in the middle of the trade are the fools.
Clarkson supposedly had a big say in trading in players from other clubs to keep Hawthorn in the "window", so Wright would have been constrained to a certain extent.
Pelchen did a great job at Hawthorn, but wasn't so successful at St Kilda.

Feel like there is 0 objectivity here. Wrights been at the club a short period and is dealing with a list hangover.

Continued posts about other clubs and what they are doing:

Rich: Taranto and hopper. Taranto: Two first rounds (19 is basically a first) and 7 year 750k deal, Big investment. Hopper who knows..
Bris: Gunston is injury prone, and old. Pass for me. Dunkley? Two firsts is the price.
Geel: paying a fortune for a player playing vfl atm. That’s a huge risk. Huge. Bruhn? Is he any good? Given up their first. Henry? Likely to be a first or no deal.

Point is, none of these deals are free. They are investing significant cap, and none of these clubs will have any access to the draft.

We’ve added and are add depth in positions of need for nothing. Which will then leave us still with picks in the draft. Any melts therefore needs to be saved at minimum until after the draft, as our trading includes the draft. The clubs listed won’t be active.

There's a lot of baffling decisions in this deal. Why would you get another top dollar full time ruck when Gawn is the best ruckman in the league and only two years older? Why would you want Gawn to spend more time forward where his output is much worse? Why wouldn't you fix your glaring deficiency and target an actual forward instead of trying to convert Gawn into one? Why are you ignoring the logical move which is FWD-Ruck Jackson for FWD-Ruck Lobb? And why the * are the Bulldogs chasing Lobb!?
I actually think that Melbourne's glaring weakness is flankers. They're incredible at getting the ball out the front of the pack, but struggle to transition any other way.

You'll be ropeable. But we're clearing his salary and we'll never know the actual details around that, so we'll never be able to judge the deal.
We also cleared Treloar's salary and Ned Guy was universally panned. If GW gets basically the same result with Grundy (who's a better player than Treloar) and Henry (who we're not trying to push out unlike Stephenson), you don't think we should be angry like we were with Ned Guy? Or should we revise how we think about Ned Guy's trade period horrendous trade period?

Feel like there is 0 objectivity here............
You are not alone - welcome to BF at its weirdest and most bizarre life cycle stage.....

Dealing with and commenting on the unknowns of the in itself sometimes weird trade period.

There are known knowns, unknown knowns, unknown unknowns and then there's the AFL trade period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After wooing Ollie, his brother and parents about bringing Ollie “home” to the Cattery, I doubt very much that the Cats will want to disappoint them all by being stingy and failing to complete the trade. Provided GW doesn’t flinch, I reckon we’ll land the 2023 first rounder late on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After wooing Ollie, his brother and parents about bringing Ollie “home” to the Cattery, I doubt very much that the Cats will want to disappoint them all by being stingy and failing to complete the trade. Provided GW doesn’t flinch, I reckon we’ll land the 2023 first rounder late on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think you oversell the "wooing". I think Ollie was smitten well before Geelong.

Are we going early on Geelong's unbelievable trade period? So far they have gotten a former pick 12, who hasn't shown much, for pick 18 and traded a large number of picks for a mid second. That's it.
Not to mention they’ve cleaned out the cupboard of future picks for 2023 and flipped them to the Bears.

How good would it be if Ned Guy let them trade their first next year for Ollie, and said they didn’t need to bring in a second rd future pick.

Then they enter the draft next year at like… pick 86 😂

I expect unbiased, logical, fair & balanced posting on all occasions.
No emotion, no insults, no agendas, no political statements.
Respect & dignity.
Am I in the right place?
We've got no respect and are running very low on dignity

Respect & dignity.
Am I in the right place?
You know the answer and so does your therapist

Respect & dignity.
Am I in the right place?
Best we can do is an unusually high amount of references to being *******ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back