List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Best 22 round one 2023

B: Quaynor Frampton Noble
HB: Naicos Moore Maynard
C: Jaicos Mitchell Sidebottom
HF: Elliott McStay Hill
F: Ginnivan Mihocek McCreery
Followers: Cox DeGoey Crisp
I/C: Howe, Johnson, Lipinski, WHE
Med Sub: Adams

Sorry... Murphy, Kreuger, Bianco, Cameron
OMG.

Pendles, you have been relegated to VFL....

Unless we decide to keep Poulter or Madge we take to the draft 16 25 27 51
Will we try and get back into 2023 draft on draft night with maybe Essendon needing points.
If we have taken 3 players within 30 we might trade back into 3rd round in next years draft with 51, pass near end of draft and then take a 6th rookie which we tend to do.
I might be in the minority but I’d like to keep Poulter for at least another year
He’s a different type and players develop at different rates - hoping he has a great 3rd year
I also like that he’s really close with our young core, and I think we’ve seen how the mood of the place has transferred to the field

And your downplaying it Cats - got bent over and done dry for #25 - give it a rest.
You were replying to a post of mine defending the deal 😅.

But if you want me to give it a rest, I'll post my opinion again: it was underwhelming. We would have expected more in return for Henry. A better chance to replace him with a promising young player. Pick 28 doesn't offer a great chance. Not putting the blame on the Pies but on the Cats.

You can see it as some great win if you want. I just think you're wrong.

Really, really hope we go with Cox as our main ruck for the year although even that isn't a great outcome. I can't go through another year of Darcy Cameron getting ragdolled every ruck contest and panic dump kicking it every time he gets the ball.

Definitely. Not sure if he was in contract or not, but Schache went for a 4th rounder. 33 more than fair for Esava. Cats just want to keep him as backup.
Had a year to go on his contract but that's no reason not to allow Ratugolea to get to Port based on Esavas wishes and the stance they took with Ollie.
The fact that he's backup makes it worse.
It was poor form & just smacks of Hypocrisy from the Cats

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It probably comes down to the fact that stephens mightn't come in next year and be best 22 every week. He's only 20 and still developing. We are right in the window so we needed a good mid which we got. Back to Stephens, we already have JC, HH, and the like in the VFL who are at the same development stage as well as Reef. stephens is already a bull, just needs a bit more time but he's going to be good
Can I ask who JC and HH are?

Improved our 22 and also our depth.

Mitchell in is massive and could be the steal of the trade period have watched him for 18 months be played out of position with trash around him.

Has a simple role get the ball out to our gun users and with a point to prove should be a huge get.

Last edited:
You were replying to a post of mine defending the deal 😅.

But if you want me to give it a rest, I'll post my opinion again: it was underwhelming. We would have expected more in return for Henry. A better chance to replace him with a promising young player. Pick 28 doesn't offer a great chance. Not putting the blame on the Pies but on the Cats.

You can see it as some great win if you want. I just think you're wrong.
A 2nd year first round kid wanted out. There was no winning for us. The club that loses the player always cops it in some way. Wright has made the best out of a shit situation

Mitchell in is massive and could be the steal of the draft have watched him for 18 months be played out of position with trash around him.

Has a simple role get the ball out to our gun users and with a point to prove should be a huge get.
As a few others have mentioned also fills that gaping hole in our age profile.

I might be in the minority but I’d like to keep Poulter for at least another year
He’s a different type and players develop at different rates - hoping he has a great 3rd year
I also like that he’s really close with our young core, and I think we’ve seen how the mood of the place has transferred to the field
I think he might be a delist and redraft as a rookie, like we did with Chugg.

Mitchell in is massive and could be the steal of the draft have watched him for 18 months be played out of position with trash around him.

Agree. The irony of bucks’ comments about Mitchell a few years ago, along with what has transpired since, makes next year v interesting….

Really, really hope we go with Cox as our main ruck for the year although even that isn't a great outcome. I can't go through another year of Darcy Cameron getting ragdolled every ruck contest and panic dump kicking it every time he gets the ball.
But Cox will be blinded by those big ass lights if he rucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back