List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve completely misunderstood my post. I wasn’t referring to what Carlton is trying to get for an offer, I was referring to the part where Houston apparently wants to go to Carlton. He wants to come to Victoria first and foremost, there’s a reason why he hasn’t actually nominated a club. Ralphy and co are just trying to wish a Carlton nomination in to existence.

As for my knowledge on this topic, don’t worry your pretty little head about it, I’m all over it. Moreso than many others on here.
It’s great to have confidence to post in an open forum that you know more than most of them in here.
And thanks for calling me pretty, I’m blushing.

The lack of objectivity in some of the trades mentioned does make for some great reading. Somehow getting pick 13 without giving up our future first. I’m sure Gold Coast would do that. Noble and 36 for 13? I mean…

Sydney have offered 19 and 21 as it stands for 13.

There’s about 5 clubs putting offers for pick 13. It’s a bidding war. We are first in due to the noble trade. It’s not going to be cheap. People need to forget the Bowes deal. That’s not happening again.

With Wright gone to Carlton would he get the Houston trade done?

CEOs don’t generally do a lot of wheeling and dealing during the trade period, Dave. It’s more about how the tankers function as a business.

I'm legit struggling to understand how Blues would get Houston.

Sure, 13 part is simples.

34 for dons F2, then F1+f2 for 13....then what?
They have 12,13 and change from then on.
They will need 'some' points for twins (not many, but will still need some).
So they would want their next batch of picks.

So what then do they do for Houston?

Split 13 back to 2 mid 20/30's picks, then send 12 & one of those to Port?
Which then walks them out of this and next years drafts....without a known entity (F/S) coming back.

If we lose out and the Blues pay that price, i'd still be super happy....that's legit list killer stuff right there.
We're only in this because we have the known entity next year and 2 players leaving....who just happen to want to go to the clubs involved....talk about luck.

In fact, i'm a bit ambivalent as to whether we land Dan TBH.
We're in a good position either way if we can land mid 20's / 30's picks.

Sorry, Luckylee, I didn't see your post last night but I reckon you are spot on in regards to GC intentions.

Cheers Rorzza. TBH, I was really just wondering out loud if it’s against the rules for a club to trade out a pick and then trade it back in on a subsequent deal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We do but if we have 13 and no Houston, who do we use 13 on. I don't think there's any players of Houston's ability to trade for
Probably right bro. I liked the DGB suggestion earlier from Trade Rumours.
Not for pick 13 though. He's gettable I think.
I feel we will get Houston anyway.
I'd love one of the Whitlock twins although they will take a couple of years to develop.

Houston is ours. Trust in FJ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we going to be better off with Houston? We've survived without him, we shouldn't over pay just because we think he MIGHT make us better.
Im not a fan of selling the farm for a (albeit very good) half back flanker, when our small defenders arent our problem. But even I think that Houston will make us better.

I rate Maynard and IQ very highly, Houston makes that department even better. Our rebounding and transition game, already good, will become a real weapon. I'll much prefer Houston's precision to Johnny Nobles long kicks to nobody in particular,

My gripe with getting him is that he will be expensive, and getting him denies us the opportunity to fix what is really wrong with the list: the midfield and Key positions.

Probably right bro. I liked the DGB suggestion earlier from Trade Rumours.
Not for pick 13 though. He's gettable I think.
I feel we will get Houston anyway.
I'd love one of the Whitlock twins although they will take a couple of years to develop.

Houston is ours. Trust in FJ
DGB is more than just gettable. He's uncontracted and likely to be delisted if he doesn't get traded somewhere.

Are we going to be better off with Houston? We've survived without him, we shouldn't over pay just because we think he MIGHT make us better.
There is nothing 'might' about it. Adding one of the best players at his position to our team (where we are lacking!) would easily improve us significantly

And getting bent over isn’t the way forward as seen last year

You're overrating our future first. Yes it could end up pick 5, but with a heap of highly rated academy kids plus FA suddenly becoming more attractive as clubs are cashed up and giving huge deals, it's more likely end up pick 20+.

This thread is doing my head in.
Firstly it's impossible to keep up with.
Secondly, I go to bed here. European time. Wake up in the morning to find that the thread has advanced five thousand pages.
I'm thinking to myself "İf the thread has advanced five thousand pages overnight, then something must have happened to create this amount of discussion"
I then read/scroll through said five thousand pages and it's crickets.

I can absolutely empathize with that weird penis with a stick prodding the Collingwood logo saying "do something".
Half of the advancement is from posters posting potential trade deals and musings on picks which they've previously posted, as if doing so will manifest their proposal into existence if they post it enough times.

The reality is that everyone bar a few (i.e. list managers, player agents etc.) are operating within the 'fog of war' as clubs attempt to balance competing interests in an attempt to realise or maximise their goals.

Nah hes a muppet 100% now. I used to listen to him on SEN a lot and his analysis is quite good when hes not trying to stir shit. The problem is all he wants to do is stir shit now

Yeah, but his shit stirring is generally tough but fair.

For every winner there is also a loser. For every team that over-performs, there must be a corresponding team that under performs. Pretty much ditto with players. There will be as many ‘best player in the comp’ / ‘ best value player’ / ‘most improved’ / ‘best trade’ / ‘best draft’ as there are ‘worst player in the comp’ / ‘worst value player’ / ‘gone downhill the most’ / ‘worst trade’ / ‘ worst draft’. Every year there will be a team that finishes last, and second last, and third last, etc.

People typically focus on the winners, the highlights, the heroes. Especially when it’s their own team.

Cornes focuses on the losers, the lowlights, the villains. You can’t argue that they’re not there because in every competitive environment they are. What’s contentious is who they are. It’s footy pr0n when it’s Carlton, but it’s bitter medicine when it’s your own team.

And Cornes to his credit usually back up his claims by a reasonable / plausible argument.

As opposed to Damian Barrett, who just tosses grenades around purely for the sake of being controversial.

Last edited:
Do you think we'd have any interest at all, without his performance that day?
If he didn't have that game at all? Considering it was one of his two good career games, it would halve his appeal, which is already low.

Now, if he played that well, but it was against a different team, would that have reduced his appeal to us? Probably, I think coaching staffs always value a good performance against their own team highly, because they look much more closely at it.

Hard to know what the overall level of interest would be in different circumstances though. He's kicked 19 goals in his 10 VFL games, and only been goalless in 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back