List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidebottom is not out of contract. He said at least twice in interviews last year that's he's contracted for "a couple" more years, and no one seems to have picked up on it.
No, but given it was not "officially" announced, they'll keep putting him on the list.

2023 AFL free agents (via The Age)

* Previously delisted

^ Previously a free agent

Adelaide (6)

Matt Crouch^, Tom Doedee, Andrew McPherson, Paul Seedsman, Rory Sloane^, Taylor Walker^

Brisbane (6)

Nakia Cockatoo, Ryan Lester, Rhys Mathieson*, Conor McKenna^, Daniel Rich^, Dayne Zorko^

Carlton (6)

David Cuningham, Ed Curnow, Sam Docherty, Sam Durdin, Lachie Plowman, Jack Silvagni

Collingwood (5)

Mason Cox^, Jeremy Howe^, Cooper Murley*, Scott Pendlebury^

Essendon (4)

Dyson Heppell^, Darcy Parish, Mason Redman, Will Snelling*

Fremantle (3)

Nat Fyfe^, Lachie Schultz*, Michael Walters^
Geelong (6)
Mark Blicavs, Jon Ceglar*, Tom Hawkins^, Sam Menegola*, Isaac Smith^, Rhys Stanley

Gold Coast (6)

Jed Anderson, Connor Blakely, Levi Casboult, Charlie Constable, Sam Day^, Jake Stein*

GWS Giants (7)

Phil Davis, Matt Flynn, Harry Himmelberg, Lachie Keeffe, Daniel Lloyd, Callan Ward, Jacob Wehr

Hawthorn (3)

Fergus Greene, Seamus Mitchell, Dylan Moore*

Melbourne (3)

Luke Dunstan, James Jordon, Alex Neal-Bullen

North Melbourne (7)

Todd Goldstein^, Daniel Howe, Ben McKay, Liam Shiels, Kayne Turner, Lachie Young, Jack Ziebell^

Port Adelaide (9)

Travis Boak^, Riley Bonner, Charlie Dixon, Trent Dumont, Francis Evans, Tom Jonas, Scott Lycett^, Trent McKenzie, Dylan Williams

Richmond (8)

Nathan Broad, Jason Castagna, Trent Cotchin^, Dylan Grimes^, Kamdyn McIntosh^, Bigoa Nyuon*, Jack Riewoldt^, Robbie Tarrant^

St Kilda (5)

Tom Campbell, Jade Gresham, Daniel McKenzie^, Jimmy Webster^, Mason Wood

Sydney Swans (4)

Lance Franklin^, Lewis Melican, Dane Rampe^, Sam Reid^

West Coast (7)

Jamie Cripps, Shannon Hurn^, Jamaine Jones, Jeremy McGovern^, Luke Shuey^, Zane Trew, Isiah Winder*

Western Bulldogs (7)

Taylor Duryea^, Ryan Gardner, Tom Liberatore^, Toby McLean^, Tim O'Brien^, Roarke Smith, Bailey Williams
Add Mitch McGovern to that list of players out of contract at seasons end , I know it hasn’t quite worked out for the Blose , gotta love that , 5 year contract at $800 k per season signed at the end of the 2018 season. Still only 27 years of age , if he can get his body right , he is worth a shot if the price is right ,good in the air , great kick , can play back or forward at a good standard when he is switched on .

Disappointing list.

However a couple of handy role players on that list… but with the way contracts are broken now… those can be picked up elsewhere if needed 🤷‍♂️
It’s a realistic list. In the decade we’ve had FA the only two player’s that have moved the dial were Franklin and Lynch (don’t rate Daniher). The best targets almost exclusively come from contracted players.

FA is a lame duck in AFL footy because the elite players don’t get paid enough compared to the rung below. Until we introduce something like marquee contracts or reduce the years experience qualification it’ll never be more than a bespoke list management tool.

With Howe 33 by years end Matrix10 suggestion has plenty of merit. The only Q for me is his body? Trade price will be minimal. On a side note anyone else seen the footage of Harley Reid training with Essendon? Need to find a way to get pick 1 😬

Last edited:
It’s a realistic list. In the decade we’ve had FA the only two player’s that have moved the dial were Franklin and Lynch (don’t rate Daniher). The best targets almost exclusively come from contracted players.

FA is a lame duck in AFL footy because the elite players don’t get paid enough compared to the rung below. Until we introduce something like marquee contracts or reduce the years experience qualification it’ll never be more than a bespoke list management tool.

With Howe 33 by years end Matrix10 suggestion has plenty of merit. The only Q for me is his body? Trade price will be minimal
. On a side note anyone else seen the footage of Harley Reid training with Essendon? Need to find a way to get pick 1 😬

Who?

Mitch McGovern
Add Mitch McGovern to that list of players out of contract at seasons end , I know it hasn’t quite worked out for the Blose , gotta love that , 5 year contract at $800 k per season signed at the end of the 2018 season. Still only 27 years of age , if he can get his body right , he is worth a shot if the price is right ,good in the air , great kick , can play back or forward at a good standard when he is switched on .

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stick by my call the F/A list is uninspiring…

I also think the club doesn’t need much more mature age talent added to the list bar maybe a decent mature age ruck… who play in the case Cameron and Cox are injured

I have no faith in Begg making it as an afl ruck

And though the Steene may have talent… I see now point in having two project rucks.

I stick by my call the F/A list is uninspiring…

I also think the club doesn’t need much more mature age talent added to the list bar maybe a decent mature age ruck… who play in the case Cameron and Cox are injured

I have no faith in Begg making it as an afl ruck

And though the Steene may have talent… I see now point in having two project rucks.

Steene is a 1st Ruckman where Begg is like a KPP that can Ruck a bit as the 2nd Ruckman

Yeah I think Steene has to be a chance for an SSP selection now especially if DC is in doubt for early season.
I heard Steene was just ahead on tuesday, then you imagine the gap would have widened after yesterday. Even if DC's injury is minor.. just the mere thought something could happen again would be enough to pull the trigger. I was also chatting to Fraser last night at VFL training, who sees Steene with huge upside, and lots of talent to burn. He's been working with him closely.

I heard Steene was just ahead on tuesday, then you imagine the gap would have widened after yesterday. Even if DC's injury is minor.. just the mere thought something could happen again would be enough to pull the trigger. I was also chatting to Fraser last night at VFL training, who sees Steene with huge upside, and lots of talent to burn. He's been working with him closely.
Just sign him already haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back