List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not convinced Ollie Henry would play deep forward when when we wanted ground level players at the feet of McStay and Cox when he’s down there.
No idea what the coaches would do. Ollie can play tall, so I'd leave a ruck out and use McStay as second ruck - we could afford to have McStay out of the forward line when rucking if we had Ollie in it.

I like the idea of Baku as a Howe replacement at half the price of Doedee without the injury concerns.
Replaces Ruscoe, Kelly and Wilson playing bigger than his size as a Utility who can play forward or back.
I'd throw our 1st at Gold coast for Hollands, they need points and list spots.
Make a reasonable offer to James Jordan
And see what Hawks would want for Granger-Barrass
I back our development program.

Allan and reef will be playing seniors next year. Big pre seasons for them.

One cheap addition like khamis plus two draftees. Given our draft picks it will prob be again a case of best available at the picks rather than picking a position

Def think 2024 trade period is going to be very big for us.
JUH

I’m not doubting Henry, kicking 41 goals is no doubt great. That said. A lot of the goals I saw him kick were cheap over the top handballs to him in the goal square. He still lacks in many areas IMO. Elite in the air still.

I actually think reef has potential to be a better forward.
Ill be interested how Ollie goes once Hawkins and eventually Cameron are gone

if the hawks get Mckay, is DGB one to watch? Or is he really a fail? I know they paid pick 6 for him, but they’d take a lot less obviously given he’s stuck in the 2’s
DGB looked pretty raw in the senior games he played. They tried him as a forward.

I reckon he might be a bust.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if the hawks get Mckay, is DGB one to watch? Or is he really a fail? I know they paid pick 6 for him, but they’d take a lot less obviously given he’s stuck in the 2’s
There was an article a while back or perhaps I heard it on SEN that they shopped him around last year and are expected to do so again as they view him as a third tall and not a kpd - thus with Sicili there's no place for him.

The gossiping pencil heads on the AFL app mentioned we are sniffing around Doedee from the Crows. Good rebounding defender but the knee is always a worry
He has an upside. Downside is he misses the first half with a knee injury. Really don't need him and Kreugs to be on the bench for a huge part of the season.

It'll be either JUH or Naughton that we target. Think we'll end up getting Naughton.

There is no way the Dogs will be able to keep all their talls and with Bevo's current selection style, hard to see them winning. It'll annoy his playing groups and the stars will leave. Dogs have missed their premiership window.

There was an article a while back or perhaps I heard it on SEN that they shopped him around last year and are expected to do so again as they view him as a third tall and not a kpd - thus with Sicili there's no place for him.
That draft hasn’t turned out well for KPP between Reid, cox and DGB

DGB looked pretty raw in the senior games he played. They tried him as a forward.

I reckon he might be a bust.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
If we got him on the cheap, VFL depth is worth it. Give him a one year deal, give up little capital and see what happens next. If he's good, that's a win. If not, oh well he helped with development.

There is no way the Dogs will be able to keep all their talls
A lot of their talls are into their 30s, nearly finished and aren't that good anyway.

They've got a good young crop with Naughton, JUH and their ruck. Then they've got Darcy and Croft will come this year It's a good crop but it's not crazy numbers and Croft is a long way from AFL relevant and may never get there. Unless they want to switch Naughton back, I actually think they should be targetting a kpd if they can..

I like the idea of Baku as a Howe replacement at half the price of Doedee without the injury concerns.
Replaces Ruscoe, Kelly and Wilson playing bigger than his size as a Utility who can play forward or back.
I'd throw our 1st at Gold coast for Hollands, they need points and list spots.
Make a reasonable offer to James Jordan
And see what Hawks would want for Granger-Barrass
I back our development program.
I wouldn't throw our first at Gold Coast because we only have two picks this year. Keep them. Starting to look really silly trading our second last year (Cowan) so we could slide back and take Richards later. Richards will be off our books by 2025. Meanwhile, Cowan will be starring for Carlton until he's targeted by Tasmania at the end of 2027 and needs to weigh up between a return to his home state or continue to play for his childhood team.

I'm optimistic. Still got some physical development to do though, but his skills are progressing well.
No, Begg's ruck craft is awful. Regularly beaten by a country mile by VFL-level ruckmen. Oscar overtook him by the end of the season. Begg, if he has a future, will be a KPP. And that's a big if. I wouldn't be surprised if we chopped him at the end of the year and found some VFL ruck to fill his place. His best skill is tackling.

I wouldn't throw our first at Gold Coast because we only have two picks this year. Keep them. Starting to look really silly trading our second last year (Cowan) so we could slide back and take Richards later. Richards will be off our books by 2025. Meanwhile, Cowan will be starring for Carlton until he's targeted by Tasmania at the end of 2027 and needs to weigh up between a return to his home state or continue to play for his childhood team.
We didn’t trade our second to Carlton for Richards?

A lot of their talls are into their 30s, nearly finished and aren't that good anyway.

They've got a good young crop with Naughton, JUH and their ruck. Then they've got Darcy and Croft will come this year It's a good crop but it's not crazy numbers and Croft is a long way from AFL relevant and may never get there. Unless they want to switch Naughton back, I actually think they should be targetting a kpd if they can..
Croft 'may never get there' couldn't disagree more, he'll go first round and develop into a very good AFL player. Also has a twin who plays volleyball for Australia, they might get him as a cat B down the track too.

Croft 'may never get there' couldn't disagree more, he'll go first round and develop into a very good AFL player. Also has a twin who plays volleyball for Australia, they might get him as a cat B down the track too.
I know nothing about him. But you can't bank on a kpf rated where he is in his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back