List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Mackie and Simon Lloyd went to the Henry family household to say the deal may yet not go through as Collingwood wanted to keep him.”

Did he also tell the parents that he wanted to shaft us on the deal and only wanted to pay a 2nd?
We think your son is so talented hence the pick we’re prepared to pay is…

I hope we don’t. Two much risk with two previous ACL’s to be offering big money. He’s a good player but only be taking him on fair $ with triggers attached
Article says we aren’t even regarded as a genuine suitor, just “linked”. We aren’t getting him, and nor should we.

Is begg an AFL ruck at 198cm? he will get monstered. He’s played well in the last couple of games in the vfl, but begg competing against Gawn, big o, Darcy etc. just struggle to see it

I'm optimistic. Still got some physical development to do though, but his skills are progressing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not convinced Henry would make us a better side if he were in it. Obviously he is a better finisher than Hill and McCreery, but those two have clear defined roles in our side and bring pace and pressure that Henry doesn't. Agree with 3rdman that we couldn't play two rucks, the two big forwards, and Henry. Playing one ruck hampers us against most sides.

Henry booted 41 goals, but 17 of which came in the 5 games that one of Cameron or Hawkins didn't play. So clearly he is just a pieces player when he's the third tall and arguably hasn't made Geelong's forward line better. Granted, he's been more than handy to fill in when one was injured. Possession and pressure continue to allude his game.

Nevertheless I reiterate that it's all moot as we offered a deal and he refused to sign. It wasn't in the club's control.

Don't have him ahead of McStay or Mihocek. When Cox plays as second ruck we can't play another KPF. Playing Henry as an undersized one doesn't make sense.
He'd be in there... he kicked 41 goals... They'd shuffle around a few but hes in there. Don't be silly.

He'd be in there... he kicked 41 goals... They'd shuffle around a few but hes in there. Don't be silly.
He seems to be playing with a bit more heart, hunger & intensity at the Cats.

The exact traits I think Fly was wanting him to find in the 2's & not just gift him senior games.

So maybe Ollie just wanted to play at the Cats more than at the Pies. It's pretty much what he said when he left ..

Have you seen how he reacts to fellow posters who doubt his scoops? He gets very angry and rude because the only reason he is doing it is for attention. Deserves to be ribbed. I actually enjoy his stuff for a laugh but i don't agree his input adds to the discussion. It actually muddies the waters because he legit is making things up or reposting stuff that has already been reported that he takes credit for and brags about. It's not helpful.
Yup. Seen it.
How does this poster muddy the waters more than posts from Twitter?
Or FB?
Why are those posts more worthy?

Agree the style can be better (way better) and there is some attention seeking comments.
But no more than half a dozen other posters that want to be the big shot.

Just pointing out that there is a fair double standards going on here.

So you think the vitriol would be different if the tone was different? I doubt it.

No he wouldn’t.

Stop being silly.
His defensive game hasn’t improved at all.
He kicked 41 goals for a team that finished outside the 8.
The same reason he didn’t play for us late last year is the same reason he’d be on the fringe at best.

Think we'd struggle to fit him in, same as AJ. He plays as a KPF and we can't play him if playing two rucks.
No way . 10, 15, 22 games over 3 seasons. He is a star on the rise improving each year. He played most games for us in in 2022 so with the improvment he made in 23 of course he plays if he was still with us. He is not a KPF at Geelong.

The way that Henry plays, he needs to kick around 2 goals a game to justify his position - he's all duck or no dinner and that hurts team defence as his opponent can prey on his defensive short comings and provide drive out of defence. If AJ can't make our side, I doubt that Ollie would.

The way that Henry plays, he needs to kick around 2 goals a game to justify his position - he's all duck or no dinner and that hurts team defence as his opponent can prey on his defensive short comings and provide drive out of defence. If AJ can't make our side, I doubt that Ollie would.

All duck or no dinner? Where have I heard that before?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back