List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t take the ginni talk to heart, most of us are taking the piss but aren’t seriously advocating he be traded unless the price was right.

I like how you glossed over the news that Ginni is in a cult. Seriously can he do a single thing right off-field? Delist.

I wouldn’t take the ginni talk to heart, most of us are taking the piss but aren’t seriously advocating he be traded unless the price was right.
In this age of overpriced recruits, we'd take 2 top 10 picks for him, otherwise stick it where the sun don't shine.

I think that you might have made up that people are throwing out two first round picks for Schulz in order to make your point. I've missed a fair few pages but haven't seen anything resembling that
Ok, maybe i read the article wrong.. Says that they are after a F1... I assumed it was our offer of 1st round, plus our F1...

My bad.

But anyway, worth a second round pick only, but happy with giving our first round pick 19 this year. Certainly not 1st round next year.

I think there's a big chance we walk away from this deal if Freo don't accept our F1 and 33 with hopefully a pick in the 40's coming back. Just grab him for free next year, he shouldn't even be worth more than our current F1.

I would now actually give them 19 and a future second, that seems fair and reasonable to me.
Schultz is a good player, but in the 5 or 6 years he has been in the system, he has had 2 decent seasons.

Which is what he has been working on. And has said so numerous times.

Some of these other small forwards weren't the complete package when they were 19 or 20 either.

Billy’s second season with 30 goals and 3 tackles a game was streets ahead of Jack. 2014 as well.

Not an indictment on Jack, but geez young Jamie Elliot was a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy’s second season with 30 goals and 3 tackles a game was streets ahead of Jack. 2014 as well.

Not an indictment on Jack, but geez young Jamie Elliot was a gun
I didn't say Billy. I said some of these small forwards.

Billy has always been one of my faves. Even when he's not kicking goals, it's the other stuff he does which sometimes gets ignored by the supporters.

Last edited:
Watching the trade period and seeing some deals fall through because of a few spots in the draft order reminds me of a saying my grandfather had, “deals don’t fall apart over dollars, but cents”
Would that be "deals don't fall apart over dollars, but sense"?

Gunston is about to turn 32 and has lasted all of 1 year at Brisbane after seeking a trade.

Who knows, perhaps he has more to give at AFL level but time waits for no man and he's already achieved so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back