List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunston anyone?He wants to come home but Hawthorn don’t want him,apparently.Should we consider a short term deal for him to boost our scoring power?

Sadako, you are running at 5 posts per year on average?

This is a topic you care about

So here goes:

AJ’s highlights are exceptional but he goes too quiet for too long

His motor is probably not enough for repeat leads

And he may be lacking in tenacity when he does not start well

But he is generally liked by fanbase who want him to win

Regard for Ginni is tri-modal - many love him (especially The Youth), many are pissed off by him, and many are neutral but prepared to jump into either of the other 2 camps

3 things that frustrate:
Lack of endurance
Lack of speed
Poor decision-making on and off the field

I am currently in the don’t trade him but he is behind Shultzy, Bobby, Jamie, Beau and anyone of our midfielders
Sadako, you are running at 5 posts per year on average?

This is a topic you care about

So here goes:

AJ’s highlights are exceptional but he goes too quiet for too long

His motor is probably not enough for repeat leads

And he may be lacking in tenacity when he does not start well

But he is generally liked by fanbase who want him to win

Regard for Ginni is tri-modal - many love him (especially The Youth), many are pissed off by him, and many are neutral but prepared to jump into either of the other 2 camps

3 things that frustrate:
Lack of endurance
Lack of speed
Poor decision-making on and off the field

I am currently in the don’t trade him but he is behind Shultzy, Bobby, Jamie, Beau and anyone of our midfielders
Its tough with Ginnivan. You've got to love him. But I feel a bit jealous of opposition supporters because he'd be great to hate. It's getting harder and harder. Toby has become likeable. We try with May, but deep down we know he's mentally disabled so it's a bit cruel. We really need Ginni to demand a trade and flip the bird on the way out to have someone worthy of our wrath

Its tough with Ginnivan. You've got to love him. But I feel a bit jealous of opposition supporters because he'd be great to hate. It's getting harder and harder. Toby has become likeable. We try with May, but deep down we know he's mentally disabled so it's a bit cruel. We really need Ginni to demand a trade and flip the bird on the way out to have someone worthy of our wrath
I was hoping stevo would fill that void, but he’s just faded into obscurity

Carey and Ablett were alphas (as well as being immensely skilled).
McInness has to switch it on. He has to release the beast. He’s gotta own it.
He’s big enough and has talent.
That’s the point I’m trying to make.
Agreed but…my point is they wouldn’t play key forward today. They’re too short. McInnes is just tall enough. He’s not a big key forward by any stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me why some people here continually suggest or seem to want AJ and or Ginnivan to be traded? AJ is taller than Mihocek who will retire soon and could be a great target at full forward especially and regarding Ginnivan I guess you simply don’t like him being a cult figure already?!
Have you considered that the people suggesting we move the likes of Ginnivan and AJ are playing the long game?

Playing it out a trade for Schultz involving one of those two might mean we can avoid trading either of our 2023 and 2024 1sts. On draft night we then trade our 2023 1st into 2024 then all of a sudden we have three 1st Rd picks to play with in 2024. Have you seen the latest on JUH by any chance? What about Smith? Food for thought.

Can someone explain to me why some people here continually suggest or seem to want AJ and or Ginnivan to be traded? AJ is taller than Mihocek who will retire soon and could be a great target at full forward especially and regarding Ginnivan I guess you simply don’t like him being a cult figure already?!
I’d be holding o to to AJ for another season in case we can use him as part of a trade for JUG or McDonald.

The meaning is one and the same - Where the literal interpretation of both is interchangeable and only re-enforce the quote.

An extremely clever parable in the guise of an idiom…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes, but what’s happening to the smoke behind the mirror?

This is sooo boring nothing happening until next week the whole trade period is way too long just gives these clowns more time on trade radio which is hands down the worst thing ever created just a bunch of idiots talking what ifs and fake story’s just to try and get people listening it’s so frustrating

I’d be holding o to to AJ for another season in case we can use him as part of a trade for JUG or McDonald.
Problem with that is that at the end of next season there's not much middle ground with AJ - he'll either be too valuable for us to want him out, or he'll be worth zero in trade.

Even with him publicly saying would be happy to play for Eagles, not sure if you’d recruit him over there after this.
Pretty stupid.

Firstly to even go with this line...listing 2 of the biggest off season threats from his home state.

Then to go public with it, which is just spitting in the faces of the clubs that asked him the question.

Pretty sure his manager would be suggesting that’s not the best way to install confidence in your prospective clubs….

Congrats Andrew Mackie on your big acquisition of Tom Hawkins. Truly exceptional wheeling and dealing to right the ship after missing finals in 2023.

This is sooo boring nothing happening until next week the whole trade period is way too long just gives these clowns more time on trade radio which is hands down the worst thing ever created just a bunch of idiots talking what ifs and fake story’s just to try and get people listening it’s so frustrating

Don't listen to it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back