List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we can extract a Hawthorn star if we bundle 27 and a few in the thirties and forties for a first rounder. Surely ...

It might be just me, but given North finished on bottom of the ladder, I don’t see why they wouldn’t bid on Daicos and Darcy before JHF. They can just tell JHF they rate him at number one, but want to weakened Dogs and Pies draft hand. There is no way Pies and dogs won’t match. sh*t business to have the ability to make two of your competitors weaker and not use it. It’s a dog eat dog world!

but by weakening Pies and Dog you strengthen other clubs draft hand so what is the point.

We don't have to hype him up at all, actual draft scouts like Twomey has him rated as #1. The fact that he may drop to the third pick is a blessing, let North have their golden boy.
Just a point on Twomey, pretty much all his info and ratings come from club recruiters. His own talent id skills are poor at best.

It might be just me, but given North finished on bottom of the ladder, I don’t see why they wouldn’t bid on Daicos and Darcy before JHF. They can just tell JHF they rate him at number one, but want to weakened Dogs and Pies draft hand. There is no way Pies and dogs won’t match. sh*t business to have the ability to make two of your competitors weaker and not use it. It’s a dog eat dog world!
Doesn’t really work when those clubs draft hands will be pretty much burned regardless of whether they’re taken at 1, 2 or 3.

55 becomes 45 after all the father son matches, which seems fair to me
You mean the father son matches that those picks will be used on? Or is there another phantom FS nobody has heard of that will be bid on before Darcy?

It's as simple as this, daicos is a once in a lifetime talent, you don't let your opposition have a free hit at such talent
We have the free hit regardless of whether they bid or not. The only real question is, if we end up taking 27 to the draft with the intention of live trading if North pass, are they petty enough to take that option away from us?

We're actually pretty slim on depth for small forwards.
I'm worried about forwards as a whole. Light on with smalls but we're brimming with mediums and talls. It's clear someone's going to have to play in the backline.

Bobby Hill wanting to get to a Vic club. We should absolutely ask the question.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s a deal I’d be looking to make. Pick 43.

He’d be perfect for what we’re lacking in the front half….. maybe this is why we are no longer in to Stengle

A haul of Daicos, Kreuger, Lipinski, Hill with possibly Dib and a KPD like Schlensog or Charlie Dean late would be a fantastic result I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
What are your predictions for week two of the trade period?

Clubs try to benefit themselves.

If we go in with 2400 points and they have late picks they want to use, they might bid on him as it will push their late picks up higher.

But if they don't have them, bidding on him hurts us by wiping out our later picks, but it benefits other teams by pushing their picks up higher.

Unless they have a grudge with us, why would they want to take some small assets from us and distribute them amongst other teams - with no benefit to themselves?

That’s a deal I’d be looking to make. Pick 43.

He’d be perfect for what we’re lacking in the front half….. maybe this is why we are no longer in to Stengle

Isn’t Hill a former 1st round pick who’s just established himself in GWS’ 22 this year? I’m not sure pick 43 would get it done, but I’d be keen as mustard if it was all it took.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO what would be a successful trade and draft period:

In
1. Daicos ☑
2. Dib
3. Lipinski
4. Krueger ☑
5. Arthur Jones (178 cm) WA

Rookie
6. Michael Gibbons (176 cm) Carlton

Out
1. Mayne ☑
2. Greenwood ☑
3. Cox
4. Thomas
5. Madge

Rookie
6. Tohill

Would love it if the club some how got back into the first round and nabbed Wanganeen-Milera, exceptional talent!

Sounds like when Collingwood were considering recruiting Tyson Stengle, Anna Betts (wife of Eddie Betts) basically gave a character reference/vouched for Tyson Stengle in the hope that we would give him another chance and pick him up.

Your correcy of course.
But
Your response to "what does it even mean" misses the point I think.

What does it mean when you get an open reference from a relative of your potential new employee?
What else could she report under those circumstances?

Employers don't usually put a lot of weight to such references.

Isn’t Hill a former 1st round pick who’s just established himself in GWS’ 22 this year? I’m not sure pick 43 would get it done, but I’d be keen as mustard if it was all it took.

I think they said pick 24.

I’d happily give an earlier pick if we could still land Lipinski and have Daicos points.

Compassionate grounds may see the price drop if he nominated us. Others are chasing though I don’t think Essendon have the picks this year to get it done. Maybe that is why they wanted 27 from us.

The Tyson Stengle craze was fun whilst it lasted, come on down Bobby Hill

As good as he'd be I have no idea how we'd land him. He's contracted too so unless we give up a first 22 player we don't have the draft capital to get him.

We also stand the chance of pissing off GWS to an extent they might end up bidding on Daicos before Darcy!

I'd say he and Stengle will end up at Essendon and Geelong respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back