List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They appear after we use the 4 to get Daicos. We will always have as many picks as we have open list spots. If, say, we use the next 4 picks for Dibs, and we still have 3 list spots vacant, we can use our next 3 picks( which will be pics in the 90’s, 110’s and 130’s.
We don’t have to use them. But we do have to have a minimum number of players on our list.
I reckon we'll take Daicos, Dib and two other players. I'm flagging Lynch and JT to go, Sier as well

Yep, no chance in hell North risk picking Daicos when Horne is available, people need to relax.
What risk would that be? Are you trying to imply that Collingwood might pass on him after giving him a 4 year contract and committing to match any bid for him in favour of retaining pick 27?

I reckon we'll take Daicos, Dib and two other players. I'm flagging Lynch and JT to go, Sier as well
The 2 other picks might be used to upgrade rookies (Noble and Ginnivan), opening up rookie spots, to be used to rookie some of the players we had to delist before the draft. Perhaps Cox, Lynch/Madgen/Rantall/Thomas..

They appear after we use the 4 to get Daicos. We will always have as many picks as we have open list spots. If, say, we use the next 4 picks for Dibs, and we still have 3 list spots vacant, we can use our next 3 picks( which will be pics in the 90’s, 110’s and 130’s.
We don’t have to use them. But we do have to have a minimum number of players on our list.
Cheers Slugger

If GW is the messiah everyone is making him out to be. Welcome to Collingwood Bobby Hill

other clubs have much better trade hands to land him. Not to mention cap room.
‘unfortunately he won’t be for us.

What risk would that be? Are you trying to imply that Collingwood might pass on him after giving him a 4 year contract and committing to match any bid for him in favour of retaining pick 27?

Correct, there’s literally no reason not to bid on Daicos.

Having said that I’m inclined to think North won’t do it simply because they want the prestige of having the No.1 Pick, and they can also now point to Horne’s last game to justify it.

Any chance we try pick 27 for Hill?

GW said we were prepared to go into deficit on Daicos if we had to.

A proven quantity and list need like Hill is exactly the scenario we should take some risk on.

Having said that I’m inclined to think North won’t do it simply because they want the prestige of having the No.1 Pick, and they can also now point to Horne’s last game to justify it.
It sounds as if they’ll pass on him and Darcy going by reports, but yes, there’s no risk involved at all in them bidding.

OK, so if hypothetically we go into the draft with 7 list spots, and 9 picks (27, …, etc, … 78, 79) …

… can we carry 78 and 79 into the draft? Or do they disappear because we only have the 7 list spots … but then they reappear as picks in the 110’s and 130’s when the earlier picks get cashed in on draft night for ND?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[

OK, so if hypothetically we go into the draft with 7 list spots, and 9 picks (27, …, etc, … 78, 79) …

… can we carry 78 and 79 into the draft? Or do they disappear because we only have the 7 list spots … but then they reappear as picks in the 110’s and 130’s when the earlier picks get cashed in for ND?
78 and 79 disappear initially. If we use all 7 to match for Daicos, then 78 and 79 re-appear, and other picks after these in order, so long as we have list spots.

78 and 79 disappear initially. If we use all 7 to match for Daicos, then 78 and 79 re-appear, and other picks after these in order, so long as we have list spots.
Assume those picks (78, 79 etc) would end up being late 50’s or early 60’s picks (with all the matching picks disappearing & clubs starting to Pass at that stage of the draft)

I thought picks were gone for good if we didn't take them into the draft? Instead the balance of the points left over from a bid forms one pick, which slots into the draft order corresponding to the number points carried. After that any remaining picks used are bounced to the back of the draft.

Absolutely. No way known they now don't pick JHF 1st. This is good news for us.
It’s good news but even if they bid on Nick they still get him anyway. Don’t write off Nick going at 1.

FTR I don’t think Daics will go 1, it’s totally in norths court right now and would not be surprise If they bid.

Trade in: Brad Hill, Trade out: Pick 27
Trade in: Lipinski, Trade out: Pick 58

The remaining draft picks we hold add up to 1953 points.

That's enough to match a bid on Daicos at pick 3, or a deficit of 60 points at pick 2, or a deficit of 447 points at pick 1.

In: Krueger, Lipinski, Hill, N. Daicos + other draftees.

Contemplate other DFA options such as Schlensog, Vandenberg or Stengle.

That's a good haul.

OR they may choose not to apply the added pressure to the kid and make sure he's #2 instead.

I thought picks were gone for good if we didn't take them into the draft? Instead the balance of the points left over from a bid forms one pick, which slots into the draft order corresponding to the number points carried. After that any remaining picks used are bounced to the back of the draft.
They don’t disappear. They are “hidden”.
AFL stopped teams collecting picks and using them to match bids if a team didn’t have the same amount of list spots. So, when a bid is matched, picks are used as you say, up until the bid is matched. Spare points ( if any) are given back in the form of a pick that corresponds to those points.
At that point, if a team has more list spots, those “hidden” picks re-appear, along with others if you still have more list spots.
Im pretty sure that’s how it works, but I’m no expert.. if anyone knows definitively better, happy to be corrected.

Cool, thanks 👍

So does that also mean that we don’t actually have to fill all the list spots?

So take that same example of 7 list spots and 9 picks.

Is it OK for us to only fill 5 of those list spots at the draft (for a list size of 36 which is the minimum) and then we take the remaining 2 into the rookie draft, or PSD, or MSD?

Also, how would it work if we pick up Dib assuming he goes after #20? Do we all also need the points to match that? And if so, do we still get 20% discount? Or do we simply get him with our next available pick whatever that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back