List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, we are taking 6 list spots into the draft he said. Will use 3-4, so the extra 2 could be used for rookie draft.
If we only go into the draft with 6 list spots then doesn't that mean we can't use the points for pick 58? I thought you could only accrue points for picks that you have a spot for - 6 spots will use 36, 38, 40, 46, 48, and 55. Wonder if that means there's another swap on the cards prior to draft night!

This quote from Trent Dumont piqued my interest. Could we be one of the clubs chasing him as a DFA given the remark about points?View attachment 1268151

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No chance given we're committed to going into the draft with 6 open list spots, as per Dekka's interview today.

I suspect our position will be to make our 3-4 draft selections and then keep a couple of list spots up our sleeve both to help manage cap and to keep our options open in the SSP and/or MSD, given that we know there will be a lot of kids from this draft crop who will be stepping out to play regular footy (and at state league level) in 2022 after basically a two year layoff.

If we only go into the draft with 6 list spots then doesn't that mean we can't use the points for pick 58? I thought you could only accrue points for picks that you have a spot for - 6 spots will use 36, 38, 40, 46, 48, and 55. Wonder if that means there's another swap on the cards prior to draft night!
yeah, Dekka mentioned there could still be some swaps leading into the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've had our criteria wrong for KPP. Too high a priority of agility and not high enough priority on contested ability.
I think you are right here. I reckon what we should be looking for is a guy of the right proportions who can read the play, get to the contest and not get out marked. If he plays his role correctly, he'll score mainly from un-contested marks and free kicks. In the contest he needs to bring the ball to the ground for the quality goal sneaks we will/have.

They are not trading 4 for a future pick, there is no sense in that for Adelaide. I'd guess you'd look at trading out 36 if Daicos is not bid on at 1 and then trade back in 33 after the daicos bid.

Exactly just putting back development of a top 5 pick back 12 months.

Unless Adelaide were absolutely certain we were getting pick 1 they just wouldn't do that deal.

Someone said to me at the end of last year we could have 1 of Dumont or Seir?

I wouldn't hesitate with Dumont.

Unless Adelaide were absolutely certain we were getting pick 1 they just wouldn't do that deal.

I expect that you are correct.
But, they're trading "pick 6" and this is out of the supposed top end and into the largish group of next bests -
and not South Australians - I believe.

Next year has the group of Talls that are said to be promising including 2 from SA!!

I might be completely wrong with my reading of reports but just doing the Devil's advocate thing.

Would love for us to be in a position where we end up with GWS’ pick after JHF and a Darcy bid.

If GW can orchestrate that he is a genius.

Adelaide might be interested in our Future first. GWS may be happy with Adelaide’s 2021 first and we may be happy with Callaghan and Daicos (means that Callaghan wears 35 though)

Yeah, they threw everything, including the kitchen sink, at North to try and get Horne-Francis, and failed. If ever we needed confirmation that North won't bid on Daicos, there it is.

Collingwood is going to be reluctant to trade out a first rounder unless it plans to not re-sign one of their stars, thus forcing a trade and receiving a pick back. If it were Jordan de Goey, say, and he had a blistering season, two picks could be demanded, therefore meaning a net gain of one is achieved and a talented youngster at Pick 6 enters the fold. Now that is a controversial opinion on this platform and one that has a lot of potential to go wrong if poorly executed.

Something says that McRae and his team are hatching are a little plan to have a big 2022, followed by a bigger 2023.

Yeah, they threw everything, including the kitchen sink, at North to try and get Horne-Francis, and failed. If ever we needed confirmation that North won't bid on Daicos, there it is.
Its already come out that North have informed collingwood and the bulldogs that they won’t be bidding on Daicos or Darcy with pick 1. No need to look for any other confirmation

Would love for us to be in a position where we end up with GWS’ pick after JHF and a Darcy bid.

If GW can orchestrate that he is a genius.

Adelaide might be interested in our Future first. GWS may be happy with Adelaide’s 2021 first and we may be happy with Callaghan and Daicos (means that Callaghan wears 35 though)
GWS, knowing our plans, wouldn't be accepting a first rounder for a team expected to rise. If GWS has Pick 2, they'll be charging us a premium for it. Pick 2 is worth 2400 points and I doubt whether Adelaide's going to be 2nd last! It's a huge risk. They got lucky this year.

Even if we trade our future first, surely any FA compo is based on our ladder position?
There is a magic formula that makes even less sense than anything you'll touch in maths. It has a lot to do with salary, age and what tier they are in. Ladder position does factor but so does wage.

Collingwood is going to be reluctant to trade out a first rounder unless it plans to not re-sign one of their stars, thus forcing a trade and receiving a pick back. If it were Jordan de Goey, say, and he had a blistering season, two picks could be demanded, therefore meaning a net gain of one is achieved and a talented youngster at Pick 6 enters the fold. Now that is a controversial opinion on this platform and one that has a lot of potential to go wrong if poorly executed.

Something says that McRae and his team are hatching are a little plan to have a big 2022, followed by a bigger 2023.
I’m confused. De Goey is a Free agent next year isn’t he? How would we get 2 picks from him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back