List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Not if we miss the 8 again, in which case it becomes Noble + top 10 for pick 12.

We haven’t done well with trading future picks previously

1. They are not missing the 8 again. Unlucky to miss it this year given win - draw ratio. At least that’s the club’s belief that’s why they are rolling the dice on all the veterans for another year

2. The swap of picks get them into a better draft

3. The strategy could reflect a player they are currently into… or a draftee they are currently keen on

5. Rightly or wrongly, club has shown a tendency to do this

6. Don’t shoot the messenger… just cause I think it gonna happen doesn’t mean that I tick off on the trade

You'd have to think it's central.
Anybody taking Oliver is playing with nitro...
I’d only take the risk if the dees pay half his contract and accept no better than a late second round pick. Doubt the dees would be either though.

I think we'll just end up getting pick 20 for noble.

That leaves me feeling pretty flat. Geelong extracted 3 draft picks for an injury prone fringe player in Esava.

If Noble stays he is locked in for 15-20 games minimum. That's a pretty valuable squad player to be lost.

Picks around that range in recent years.

2018 - Pick 29 Kelly 5 games in total

2020 - Pick 17 Henry 10 games in 22 and 15 in 23.
2020 - Pick 19 Finlay Macrae most games in a season is 9
2020 - Pick 23 Reef most games in a season is 9
2020 - Pick 30 Poulter most games in a season for us is 11.

2022 - Pick 19 Allan (will be good)
2022 - Pick28 Ryan 1 game

So for me 6 flops and 1 possible success in Allan.

Noble has outperformed all those draft picks imo. The only 1 I can see be better than Noble is Allan.

Soery but pick 20 does not cut it.

Noble + F1st for pick 12 is poor value for us.

I'd be aiming for pick 6.

Noble + F1st + 2x 2024 3rd rounders for academy points = Pick 6

People may say, 'they need it for Rioli.' Rioli is not remotely worth pick 6. Richmond will be lucky to get 12. This way the Suns take it off the table, get a player, points, and move a first round pick into next year. Good move for both clubs IMO. Ralphy's head would explode.

Roli will dictate what we get for noble
If he get pick 6 , then noble is worth 12
That’s not what l think is the right price for them, but the market
The silly season has began

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely F2 and Noble for 12 is a legitimate throw at the stumps. Just seems right to me.
We're gonna have to be careful about giving out F2's out at this point given Tommy next year. We have to deal with two different senarios this off season.

It’s mad that posters actually think this is a good outcome!

We're all guessing and no doubt that there will be aghast responses to some trades.

Reports suggest that Carlton and Port are valuing pick 11 very highly - well above Carlton's future pick. Teams seem to be valuing those picks way higher than their number usually suggests. Clubs will have scored players and where they'd fall in historical drafts. I think there's going to be some interesting trades that look nuts without the valuations that clubs have made on these picks.

Clubs pay a lot to trade up in the draft. You could easily be looking at what would be valued at a standard pick 6 and comparing it to our future first that you're projecting at over 12 after academy and whatnot. Clubs pay a lot to move from 12+ to 6 in a standard draft. Not saying that's how clubs have rated it, but it if it is, Noble could easily be the price if you want to go from our future first to this year's pick 12.

Last edited:
I wouldn't give up our future 1st and Noble for pick 12.

I would consider giving them Noble at a discount or adding picks for points on top of Noble to get that pick 12 traded to us.

Perhaps Noble 48 + 51 for pick 20. Future 1st for 12.

How about 26 for noble and we change pick 12 for our F1 in two seperate transactions?
I'm with you in spirit but I feel that GC will do better than our f1 for pick 12 unless we make it part of the Noble deal. GC want players and they don't really care so much about the picks. But if we don't tie Noble to the deal (12, 20 for Noble and F1). Then a desperate club like Carlton will jump in with f1 + pick 32 for pick 12. There are about 5 clubs that want that pick. Because GC really want Noble we are in the box seat to get it but only because of Noble.

We're all guessing and no doubt that there will be aghast responses to some trades.

Reports suggest that Carlton and Port are valuing pick 11 very highly - well above Carlton's future pick. Teams seem to be valuing those picks way higher than their number usually suggests. Clubs will have scored players and where they'd fall in historical drafts. I think there's going to be some interesting trades that look nuts without the valuations that clubs have made on these picks.

Clubs pay a lot to trade up in the draft. You could easily be looking at what would be valued at a standard pick 6 and comparing it to our future first that you're projecting at 12+ after academy and whatnot. Clubs pay a lot to move from 12+ to 6 in a standard draft.
You could also very easily see it wind up as 6 because we slide and McGuane falls off a cliff ala the Camporeale’s. I genuinely have no idea why we’re boxing the Noble discussion around their current picks.

Who’s to say it won’t be the value they get from Lukosius? What’s preventing us from trading our F1 to Richmond because they’re keen to spread talent? What if it goes to Fremantle to push value into 2025 for a play at Warner?

The problem with the mooted F1 + Noble trade for 12 is we could conceivably wind up paying for the Suns to take Noble off our hands (in a trade sense) all to get our hands on a pick they’ll be forced to move! Let the Rioli trade play out first and set the market for Noble’s type then consider next moves because we’re under no obligation to trade him. At the end of the day that deal is not one we should be making given the state of our list.

Roli will dictate what we get for noble
If he get pick 6 , then noble is worth 12
That’s not what l think is the right price for them, but the market
The silly season has began
No it won't - how GC and Coll value Noble will dictate the price for Noble - how GC and Richmond value a different player is irrelevant to that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back