List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an ex AFL player who would talk to his AFL player mates about their contract? Also he had an AFL player agent who would know what contracts other players get...

So he’s had a chat with all 800 odd players? Love that level dedication. I guess having 15-20% of players in any given year being 1st and 2nd year national draftees who have annual contract growth built into the EBA helps his argument but I doubt that’s what he’d be referring to.

My guess, he’s guessing and tried to overly inflate the figure to make himself sound more important. My guess is that the larger majority of players who aren’t 1st or 2nd year draftees lack the power in negotiations with clubs to dictate salary rises aligned to TPP growth.

How many players at Collingwood do you think would have salary increases linked to TPP in their contracts?

So he’s had a chat with all 800 odd players? Love that level dedication. I guess having 15-20% of players in any given year being 1st and 2nd year national draftees who have annual contract growth built into the EBA helps his argument but I doubt that’s what he’d be referring to.

My guess, he’s guessing and tried to overly inflate the figure to make himself sound more important. My guess is that the larger majority of players who aren’t 1st or 2nd year draftees lack the power in negotiations with clubs to dictate salary rises aligned to TPP growth.

How many players at Collingwood do you think would have salary increases linked to TPP in their contracts?

He had a manager who would know exactly what contracts most AFL players are getting and that manager would tell Kane...

I’m really keen on Cam Zurharr over Bobby Hill.

He would just absolutely finish off our small to mid sized forwards.

Plus he’d come cheaply given he’s been play like s**t in a rubbish team and out of contract. Could almost be simply some kind of bundle of our third round picks.

Zurharr is a better player (so far) but Hill will suit our game plan much better. However, we cannot afford to over pay.

I’m really keen on Cam Zurharr over Bobby Hill.

He would just absolutely finish off our small to mid sized forwards.

Plus he’d come cheaply given he’s been play like s**t in a rubbish team and out of contract. Could almost be simply some kind of bundle of our third round picks.
I think a genuine small like Hill complements the group allot better than another medium like Zurharr.

I think a genuine small like Hill complements the group allot better than another medium like Zurharr.
Agreed, Jack is 185, Beau is 186 and Bobby is 175.
Bobby brings a different dynamic again.

Fox is struggling with our success. Last year, we were wooden spooners according to them and definitely would be down there again in 2022. I know a few people who thought we'd have the number one pick, maybe number two at least pick five at the best. I think it's safe to say we won't have a selection that good this year from our ladder position.

There's a good article on Zero hanger about why McStay would be a good fit for us
Shaw didn’t see McStay as the answer to Collingwood’s key forward void — querying if there were other options available that may even cost more — but said the 152-gamer would still be a valuable addition to the side that could even be played as a key defender.

“He’s not a massive key forward, but he’s a smart player,” the 1990 premiership skipper said of McStay.

“At $600,0000 it’s cheap in terms of getting a player across the line for a long period of time. Pretty ordinary players are getting $400,0000 now.

“You wouldn’t want to spend any more on him, there's no doubt about that. But I like the way he goes about it, he’s a competitor … $600,000 isn’t over the ante that much.”

I agree it is not great $$ amount over .. and the guy can play in back line as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was hoping for a longer term for Josh or does that take him to FA? Would have thought their were other priorities ahead of Fin given his mediocre form (last week was probably his best game this season) but there is a player there and hopefully can step up in the next two years. Let's get Henry done!!

I've always thought it would come down to Elliott, WHE and JDG as the last 3 out of contract that we want to retain (there's a few that will be let go) and I'm worried one of those 3 could be squeezed out, thought WHE would probably go but his last month or so has been very good

Was hoping for a longer term for Josh or does that take him to FA? Would have thought their were other priorities ahead of Fin given his mediocre form (last week was probably his best game this season) but there is a player there and hopefully can step up in the next two years. Let's get Henry done!!

I've always thought it would come down to Elliott, WHE and JDG as the last 3 out of contract that we want to retain (there's a few that will be let go) and I'm worried one of those 3 could be squeezed out, thought WHE would probably go but his last month or so has been very good
Yeah, two years takes him to free agency.

Yeah, two years takes him to free agency.
Which he will explore but not take. I hope.

I don't like the AFL's model for the Tasmanian teams. It sees KPPs leave, then all the eggs go into one basket across the affected clubs at the draft. And there won't be that much talent to compensate. If 5 elite players are lost, unlikely to be 5 players of that level unless a super draft occurs. Think better, AFL.

Which he will explore but not take. I hope.

I don't like the AFL's model for the Tasmanian teams. It sees KPPs leave, then all the eggs go into one basket across the affected clubs at the draft. And there won't be that much talent to compensate. If 5 elite players are lost, unlikely to be 5 players of that level unless a super draft occurs. Think better, AFL.
Wont even explore. But most players use this as it usually brings up a big offer from your current club

He had a manager who would know exactly what contracts most AFL players are getting and that manager would tell Kane...

So a manager just breached the confidence of all his clients, and guessed on all the others? How many players did the manager predict?

And how many players at Collingwood would have salaries linked to TPP?

So a manager just breached the confidence of all his clients, and guessed on all the others? How many players did the manager predict?

And how many players at Collingwood would have salaries linked to TPP?

You seriously don’t think player agents tell their clients what kind of contracts other players are getting? Or they don’t talk to other player agents? Half of them work for the same company 😂

Would have thought their were other priorities ahead of Fin given his mediocre form (last week was probably his best game this season) but there is a player there and hopefully can step up in the next two years. Let's get Henry done!!
The order in which they re-sign does not necessarily reflect the priority the club gives them. *Please read the full PDS before entering into any agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back