List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need Tim Taranto asap

Been obliterated around the ball

After today, l can see how the club is looking to balance out the list, particularly getting in some midfield talent, to advance our ability to win a premiership. We are in desperate need of an injection of a clearance mid, maybe two, to assist DeGoey....

After today, l can see how the club is looking to balance out the list, particularly getting in some midfield talent, to advance our ability to win a premiership. We are in desperate need of an injection of a clearance mid, maybe two, to assist DeGoey....
I’m genuinely concerned with the longevity of adams and Degoey. They both seem to have recurrent injuries. I pray they don’t become our Hannebery. Reckon we get about 50% of matches with both playing. Frustrating

Keep Grundy, trade Cameron.
I know he just signed a new deal, but really he is an good ordinary footballer
His value should be relatively high.

Surely Melbourne would rather Cameron as the fwd/ruck to replace Jackson - for half the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are in a really delicate spot. It's been a fantastic year of supporting this team, but we just need better talent. How we could be looking to offload talented players is beyond me. Like who is taking all the money? Even if DeGoey, Grundy and Moore are getting 900k each, who else is getting over 550?

I think we are in a really delicate spot. It's been a fantastic year of supporting this team, but we just need better talent. How we could be looking to offload talented players is beyond me. Like who is taking all the money? Even if DeGoey, Grundy and Moore are getting 900k each, who else is getting over 550?
Adams, sidey. Elliot would be on 550ish. Crisp, Checkers to. WHE thankfully is ending a reported 500k contract this year. Today having our entire midfield and the $ value of Grundy, adams and Degoey watching on the sidelines is not ideal. Sadly adams and Degoey miss a fair chunk of footy

I agree we're in a delicate spot. It could be really easy to get ahead of ourselves with our list assessment and make poor decisions based on the short term.

I understand the bolded and hope that we retain De Goey and Grundy. Though if we lose Grundy I can't see it being for any other reason than to facilitate bringing in talented players. The details are what will matter there. If we lost De Goey it'd be a gut punch for the list.

The more I see what I see and the more I think about it, Mids is what’s holding us back and not KPP

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So you’re saying that taking Adams and De Goey out of our midfield affects our midfield? Big news if true.

Seriously, take Cripps and Walsh out of Carlton’s midfield, or Oliver and Petracca out of Melbourne’s, see how they go.

With Grundy, De Goey, Adams and Roughead missing, that’s probably four of our top ten paid players sitting on the bench, and maybe even three of our top five.

Adams, sidey. Elliot would be on 550ish. Crisp, Checkers to. WHE thankfully is ending a reported 500k contract this year. Today having our entire midfield and the $ value of Grundy, adams and Degoey watching on the sidelines is not ideal. Sadly adams and Degoey miss a fair chunk of footy
There is no way WHE is on $500k and Tim Taranto is on $450k. Then again, Stevo was on $600k at one point.

I have a theory that we have too many players spread out on equallish money between $300k-$500k whereas a lot of teams take a clear rookies-pros approach and have a lot more inequality. Just a theory, though and I don't know for sure. It would explain why we don't have a lot in the Rich 100.

Seriously, take Cripps and Walsh out of Carlton’s midfield, or Oliver and Petracca out of Melbourne’s, see how they go.

With Grundy, De Goey, Adams and Roughead missing, that’s probably four of our top ten paid players sitting on the bench, and maybe even three of our top five.
Exactly, the Bloose lack toughness for mine & they aren't the same side without Hewitt & Kennedy missing from the midfield.
Their recent results are proof of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back