List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Buckley doesn't think it's a good idea then we HAVE to do it! Proved over a long time he doesn't have much of an idea. Got Mayne on the same coin for four years ffs.
Pretty sure Buckley publicly said he was against the Mayne recruitment when it happened…

Some big news, JDG may or may not be wearing our colours next year, same with Grundy and Henry, don’t believe anything is locked in and no one on this board is 100% and if they are we don’t entirely believe you in any event.

I do love the speculation this time of year, what I do know is we are in with a chance this year with the current list…….and loving it. Just ending Carlton was special.
Welcome to BF, Tom Browne:)

Heard a grab from Buckley about McStay today.
Says he brings no pressure and is not much chop when the ball hits the ground..
Why are we into him?

The same Nathan Buckley who neglected a key forward his entire tenure?
The same Nathan Buckley whose idea of good footy was to sit back and just play dour and boring?

The same Nathan Buckley who wanted Daniel Wells and Chris Mayne?

Yeah…I think I’ll back the advice of the current regime and people like Leppitsch who know McStay before Nathan

The same Nathan Buckley who neglected a key forward his entire tenure?
The same Nathan Buckley whose idea of good footy was to sit back and just play dour and boring?

The same Nathan Buckley who wanted Daniel Wells and Chris Mayne?

Yeah…I think I’ll back the advice of the current regime and people like Leppitsch who know McStay before Nathan
0 tish.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a grab from Buckley about McStay today.
Says he brings no pressure and is not much chop when the ball hits the ground..
Why are we into him?
I'll back Fly's judgment over Buckley's at this stage. Buckley was happy with the seven year offer to Grundy. He oversaw the debacle with Treloar and Stevo.
Perhaps Buckley could ask Fagan how such a spud keeps getting a game in a side which has been top four for three consecutive years.

Exactly what I see when he plays. He’s as slow as cox
Cox isn't slow. I have no doubt he would destroy Bianco in a 50 m sprint and he's 7 foot tall. Quite an athlete. Did you see the way he gathered the loose pill on the boundary line, put on a little burst of speed to get clear of the pressure before delivering a lovely handpass to Pendles and being a chain in the goal of the day? He was not given enough credit for that piece of play.

Credibility regarding judgement yes. Credibility regarding info - not really. Like I was saying, I'm not sure how Beeg interpreted him as being gone with a situation where the footy department hadn't had him cancelled by the board and had offered him a low ball contract and he wanted to stay, but not at that contract. To me, that situation just involves a bit of a shift from one or both sides and the deal is done - regardless of the sentiment that either party is feeling at the time.

Personally, I like reading BEEG's snapshots of events at the club, and his info has credibility in my eyes, even if his judgement and interpretation of the info was wrong on this one.

Appreciate that, when I said he was gone, that wasn't the decision he wanted.

DeGoey had made it very clear he wanted to play for Collingwood but wasn't going to accept unders and he was essentially gone due to the board and Wright.

I follow him on social media, I can even see a change in him with regards to Collingwood and posting more team stuff through stories, I know a few had even pointed out on here how desperate he looked to stay.

I'm really really happy for him and hope he stays out of trouble because before Bali the last social drink he had was in the States, It's not like he was Bailey Smith going out every weekend the bloke had tried extremely hard to do all the right things.

Appreciate that, when I said he was gone, that wasn't the decision he wanted.

DeGoey had made it very clear he wanted to play for Collingwood but wasn't going to accept unders and he was essentially gone due to the board and Wright.

I follow him on social media, I can even see a change in him with regards to Collingwood and posting more team stuff through stories, I know a few had even pointed out on here how desperate he looked to stay.

I'm really really happy for him and hope he stays out of trouble because before Bali the last social drink he had was in the States, It's not like he was Bailey Smith going out every weekend the bloke had tried extremely hard to do all the right things.
You got my vote, you've been spot on all along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back