List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really happy. The thing with Jordy is that everyone who works closely with him seems to love him or are at least bloody good at pretending they love him.
My friends nephew used to muck around a lot with Jordan as kid. His sister said he was a great kid but completely wild and always climbing things which sort of fits in with the A.D.D diagnosis. I think a nightmare to look after but a really good kid. I think the media has been completely unfair to him.

What would we want for Grundy from the Cats?

Personally I'd be happy with a future 1st (provided we can ontrade it to Brisbane or GWS if means getting us Tarranto/Hill) and Toby Conway (a ten year ruckman in the making) and perfect succession plan to Cameron/Cox. happy for them to have a pick back the other way.

We are not going to pick until mid teens at earliest so happy to trade that and a future 1st for Tarranto and Hill provided we got Conway or something else along the way (Jack Henry etc) from Geelong.

Happy for us to ignore this draft if If we can get a lot of mid 20's talent in this sets us up nicely to replace our 29 plus players longer term in next few years, keeps our window open and means we can concentrate on youth in future drafts ahead.

I dont want us trading our future first as we could easily drop next year.

:thumbsu:

Head coaches are not recruiters, I know that upsets all the Buckley haters but they need to get a life anyway, it's a brand new day and hopefully some piece of sh!t WA umpire doesn't cost us the flag this time around or the very same people will inexplicably turn into McRae haters no matter how well he is doing

What would we want for Grundy from the Cats?

Personally I'd be happy with a future 1st (provided we can ontrade it to Brisbane or GWS if means getting us Tarranto/Hill) and Toby Conway (a ten year ruckman in the making) and perfect succession plan to Cameron/Cox. happy for them to have a pick back the other way.

We are not going to pick until mid teens at earliest so happy to trade that and a future 1st for Tarranto and Hill provided we got Conway or something else along the way (Jack Henry etc) from Geelong.

Happy for us to ignore this draft if If we can get a lot of mid 20's talent in this sets us up nicely to replace our 29 plus players longer term in next few years, keeps our window open and means we can concentrate on youth in future drafts ahead.

I dont want us trading our future first as we could easily drop next year.
I'd hold onto our draft pick this year with all the key forwards (Keeler/Lemmey) that are dropping out of the top 20

Future 1st and a current third for Taranto and a 3rd rounder for Hill, use the remaining 3rd rounder on best available , 1st rounder on a Key Forward and upgrade Noble, all done and out the back door like we stole something

Last edited:
Taranto fits it so well with that age we just have no one in the 23/24 range because of the putrid list management mostly due to Beams Treloar and Stephenson.

Perhaps wise to seriously consider our best 22 at the moment & then consider potential trade targets:

McStay seems a reasonable fit. Could replace Darcy Cameron in our best 22 as a genuine KPF, or provide cover for Murphy down back. Can't see him replacing McCreery, Ginni, Jamie, Checkers or AJ though on our forward line or any of the rest of our back 6 atm, unless Howe decides to retire.
Taranto (or Dunkley) could provide much-needed CBA grunt, possibly replacing whom though? Maybe WHE?
Can't see who would make way for Bobby Hill, though, unless Pendles or Sidey retire, and even then there are probably better replacements available in our twos at the moment, after another preseason for the likes of Carmichael, Macrae and Harrison...
Grundy could stay but he'd have to replace at least one of Cox/Cameron in our best 22.
Ollie Henry, if he does stay, would probably only play second fiddle to AJ (and may even be behind Kreuger & McInnes), so it wouldn't be a disaster if he left, though he is undoubtedly a good longer-term prospect for us.

For me, Taranto & Mc Stay fill a need and would be in our first 22 in 2023; Hill wouldn't, unless JDG went to the Saints; same for Henry. I'd rather Grundy stayed, but if he doesn't, so be it.

Taranto fits it so well with that age we just have no one in the 23/24 range because of the putrid list management mostly due to Beams Treloar and Stephenson.

We have 5 players in that age bracket (23-24), Daicos, Brown, Lipinski, Johnson and Wilson.

We have 0 27 year old players though...

Head coaches are not recruiters, I know that upsets all the Buckley haters but they need to get a life anyway, it's a brand new day and hopefully some piece of sh!t WA umpire doesn't cost us the flag this time around or the very same people will inexplicably turn into McRae haters no matter how well he is doing
Head coaches influence the recruiters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not always.

Whilst it’s probably not the case for Rankine ATM (unless he is forward planning), but I can definitely understand the desire of players who either have or are looking to start a family, to be a closer to a family support network.

It’s a bloody tough slog early on, and having lived both circumstances, being close to family to lean on makes it a s**t tonne easier.

It takes a village.
Definitely not always, but the thread of the discussion was that it was about homesickness. Rankine’s move was about $’s the fact an SA club was offering it was inconsequential and probably made the sell to GC easier.

In the past decade Beams is the only player that left due to “homesickness” that I can think of with Dangerfield perhaps the other, but I reckon there’s a very knowledgeable poster on here with all things Geelong who might suggest his partner had a strong say as well (I basically don’t know that situation well enough to be certain). Guys like Lynch, Prestia, Dawson, Cerra, Kelly etc. all had offers in front of them that were to good to refuse or partners wanting the support of family.

IMO, the litmus test is to ask whether the player would have still left if the deal on offer from the rival club was on par or worse than their current club. In Rankine’s case if Adelaide offer what GC offered there’s zero chance he leaves…
We have 5 players in that age bracket (23-24), Daicos, Brown, Lipinski, Johnson and Wilson.

I’d argue we have 3 because it’s more than likely that two of that group have played their last game for the club.

So we have 3 which is really a worry..

I think Cameron is 27.

Taranto would be perfect.

Perhaps wise to seriously consider our best 22 at the moment & then consider potential trade targets:

McStay seems a reasonable fit. Could replace Darcy Cameron in our best 22 as a genuine KPF, or provide cover for Murphy down back. Can't see him replacing McCreery, Ginni, Jamie, Checkers or AJ though on our forward line or any of the rest of our back 6 atm, unless Howe decides to retire.
Taranto (or Dunkley) could provide much-needed CBA grunt, possibly replacing whom though? Maybe WHE?
Can't see who would make way for Bobby Hill, though, unless Pendles or Sidey retire, and even then there are probably better replacements available in our twos at the moment, after another preseason for the likes of Carmichael, Macrae and Harrison...
Grundy could stay but he'd have to replace at least one of Cox/Cameron in our best 22.
Ollie Henry, if he does stay, would probably only play second fiddle to AJ (and may even be behind Kreuger & McInnes), so it wouldn't be a disaster if he left, though he is undoubtedly a good longer-term prospect for us.

For me, Taranto & Mc Stay fill a need and would be in our first 22 in 2023; Hill wouldn't, unless JDG went to the Saints; same for Henry. I'd rather Grundy stayed, but if he doesn't, so be it.
If a player is coming in on a 5 year big contract, he want to be an easy fit into the best 22. That’s where mine and others concerns come from.

Thanks Nostradamis

Give it a rest. This is a new era and a much better one than when Buckley was coach.

My daughter went to primary school with Touk - great kid. She played in the footy team, Touk in the guts and Joe Daniher pinging shots at goal from 50m out - they were unbeatable. If I recall correctly, Touk's dad played in a '70s pop band.
Really?!

Don't shoot the messenger ok. But browsing through nicks a post dated 24th August stated DEGOEY HAS AGREED TO TERMS WITH COLLINWOOD WILL BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE FINALS BEGIN.GO PIES !

Other related trade news rumours BROWN BROTHERS MAY BE TRADED-SYDNEY AND NORF INTERESTED
Poulter/draper interested in moving back to Adelaide.

JED ANDERSON has been let go by Norf

Ollie Henry has not signed yet

Interesting see what happens

Buckley didn't want him on that contract, said it publicly Carlthefalse
That's very clever what you've done there, Carlthefalse, it's what Trump does, crooked Hillary, Sleepy Joe, he's a quality human the Donald and you've decided to use something out of his playbook so welldone you. To the other point, yes Buckley wanted Mayne and yes he was paid to much but the point is he wanted him then absolved himself of responsibility when it didn't start well, good coach's don't do that. So you say he didn't want him and I've proven he did and here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back