List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye bye McCreery

I would prefer the team of Ginnivan and McCreery up forward. Ginnivan has kicked 36 goals this year, as the small goalkicking forward. Whilst McCreery has laid around 80 Tackles, as the high-pressure, tackling, wrecking ball small forward. Stengle has kicked 46 goals for the year....

Is he? Do you think we wouldn’t spend the money allocated to Grundy elsewhere if he was moved on?

We would, but why have 1 player not doing a whole heap in a position that doesn't require top end talent to win a flag, when it can pay for 2 players in areas of need? Or help retain better players?

An advantage in terms of recruiting, as they don't necessarily have to pay overs, as many would choose them for lifestyle.

I think they have to be a bloody good club though when it comes to retention as you'd think many with different lifestyle priorities would be naturally inclined to walk. They're doing really well to not lose many.

yeah it's uncanny. i would love to see a few clubs (us included) to go hard at some of their kids. I guess in a way we have with Krueger and Freo shook out Jordan Clark. We should be testing the water with Ollie Henry's brother. Would be one player I would not mind if the Cats think they are getting Grundy... big no thanks to Big Esava... strong body but i am pretty sure the Cats would be happy to push him out

yeah it's uncanny. i would love to see a few clubs (us included) to go hard at some of their kids. I guess in a way we have with Krueger and Freo shook out Jordan Clark. We should be testing the water with Ollie Henry's brother. Would be one player I would not mind if the Cats think they are getting Grundy... big no thanks to Big Esava... strong body but i am pretty sure the Cats would be happy to push him out
Esava looks a whole lot better than Coxy but produces a whole lot less.

We should just keep Grundy and get him ready for 2023 - some of the trades I'm hearing for him are puke worthy.

Grundy for Ratagolea or whatever his stupid name is, no thanks.

It would be Ratagolea along with a high end draft pick. No way would it be a like for like swap. If Geelong push that swap, their completely deluded. Haven't seen Ratagolea do anything in a game that tells me he is a regular senior AFL footballer....

Untried kid who is slightly taller and has done well v other untried kids v first-round pick with 2 years development who has won matches off his own boot at 19 and looks like a jet. let me mull it over and get back to you. No

AJ and Henry are fighting for the same spot.
So if Henry leaves and McStay's recruited - Cadman can quietly develop in the VFL, and I think given his size he will be an upgrade on Henry and more versatile.
I don't want Henry to go but if he chooses too, then we should get a decent pick to land Cadman.

We should just keep Grundy and get him ready for 2023 - some of the trades I'm hearing for him are puke worthy.

Grundy for Ratagolea or whatever his stupid name is, no thanks.

I'm not sure if this is aimed at me, but all I was saying is that if we were to lose Grundy to Geelong, I wouldn't be unhappy to have Esava come our way as part of that deal.

I'd rather get Esava back in return as opposed to getting nothing as part of a straight cap dump

I'm not sure if this is aimed at me, but all I was saying is that if we were to lose Grundy to Geelong, I wouldn't be unhappy to have Esava come our way as part of that deal.

I'd rather get Esava back in return as opposed to getting nothing as part of a straight cap dump

Wasn't directed at you. I was just watching a video and it was a suggestion from someone writing into that show - as far as I could tell, it was just written as Grundy for Esava, no picks mentioned etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't. We had no injuries to our flankers this year, yet Bianco and Poulter were on the edge or in Bianco's case, in the team quite often. And I'm not that hopeful about either of them long term. Then it's also the area most likely to get hit in the near future when Sidey and WHE pull stumps and one or both Daicos's move into the centre square after Pendles retires . Maybe Harrison and Murley, but I wouldn't suggest they're players who would yet impact who we should try to recruit. Added to this, it's a crucial area with the way Macrae has us playing.

Hill has done nothing outside F50 roles so he’s no better placed in that regard than Macrae, Poulter, Draper, Murley, Harrison, McCreery, McInnes or Ginnivan. Even Cal Brown, Tyler Brown, and Bianco are currently ahead of him in a midfield pecking order.

I’m happy to back the kids we already have. Happy for you to drive the Hill bandwagon. Good luck to him, just hope he’s not coming to Collingwood.

I would prefer the team of Ginnivan and McCreery up forward. Ginnivan has kicked 36 goals this year, as the small goalkicking forward. Whilst McCreery has laid around 80 Tackles, as the high-pressure, tackling, wrecking ball small forward. Stengle has kicked 46 goals for the year....

I think people underestimate Stengle's pressure, it's through the roof as well as score involvement's and inside 50's, McCreery isn't anywhere near him yet

Stengle is a more naturally talented player with higher ceiling IMO. Can’t fault our boys though
McCreery yes probably but Ginnivan I would debate that,also Ginni,s 19 where as Stengtle is 23 Stengle may move better but he is not as smart as Ginnivan and I am very satisfied with McCreery and that goal from Beau out near the 50 mtr line was not bad either and Stengle is 2yrs older than him also.

I am just glad we picked well with Ash no worries with that pick either.

We would, but why have 1 player not doing a whole heap in a position that doesn't require top end talent to win a flag, when it can pay for 2 players in areas of need? Or help retain better players?

That’s a totally different discussion than he’s causing our cap to burst at the seams.

Geelong to land Grundy will have to pay up in pick/s.

We don’t need their dads army… And the minimal young talent they have, they won’t part with

Big Esava is a non event at VFL level, let alone AFL level. No need for him at all when we have a better prospect in Begg.

I’m not advocating the trade but if it were to come to pass I could live with a package of Henry and steak knives / late picks from them if they take Grundy’s full contract.

Without Elliott forward we lose at least two of the close games we won and would not finish top-4. I doubt Stengle could match what Elliott has done this year.
Or we could have won the Geelong and west coast games. We’ll never know. I suspect we’d be better off by adding another quality small forward and giving a tough nut like Elliot more time on ball.

Or we could have won the Geelong and west coast games. We’ll never know. I suspect we’d be better off by adding another quality small forward and giving a tough nut like Elliot more time on ball.

I reckon we will get more longevity out of Jamie by not pushing him into the middle too much. I don't think he's all of a sudden going to spend half his time in the middle at this stage of his career. He's a killer up front

I honestly think developing from your youth is best.

Then when you’re right in the border of a premiership, you add Jolly and Luke Ball. Not before then.

Which means we’re better to do as you suggest and keep Henry.
Exactly, keep our young talent (potential) on the list & develop.
Keep our powder dry.
Once we are a Bonafide top 4 AFL team & in the window…then bring in the list needs.
If we go early we could stuff it up.
What if we lose all of our close games next year & finish 9th-12th.

We basically have a free hit this year in September (but, we are ahead of our time).
Put your hand up if you predicted top 4 this year.
We don’t crush opposition & our % is 104.
Fantastic achievement for 2022.
However, we still need to improve immensely 2023 & beyond.
I prefer the conservative approach to building our list.
Over to you Mr Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back